A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 305,028
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bakugan Cake  (Read 8180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dragonmama83
« on: August 10, 2009 09:09:53 PM »

This is a cake that I made for my son for his birthday. For those that know about Bakugan, and those that dont....it is kind of like Pokemon...the kids love it....The sad thing is that it is so new that the stores are not selling any cakes for Bakugan! Sooooo I had to do it my self, not that I have a problem with it because it was fun!!   I did it all my self, even the symbol is made of icing!   Hope you enjoy!

[]
[]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ravenau1
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009 10:36:16 PM »

I bet he loved it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Musefreak

I belong to you- Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009 10:21:20 AM »

wow, the cake looks like the card, just bigger, an excelent job, i wish i had the patience to do such Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't resist "The Resistance" Cheesy
-
my Wist
-
Blog

interested in personal swaps
Dragonmama83
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009 10:38:02 AM »

It was really easier than you might think! My husband blew up a copy of the card to size, and I put wax paper over the symbol and traced it with perm maker, then flipped it over and traced with the icing and froze it to get the symbol. As for the burst of white and the colors around....I cut wax paper cut out for the white part and layed it on the cake. Then bought the Wilton spray icing colors and started with the yellow and spraied the cake to look like the card.
I did learn that when doing the symbol...I was afraid that the wax paper would not peel off well from the thin lines so I spackeled white frosting to the back of it to make it stronger. That is why it is king of raised up...but I know now that I dont have to and can just lay it on the cake and peel away!

And everyone was amazed at how well it looked....My son saw the picture that my husband had blown up hanging on the fridge...and when I picked him up to look at the cake in the fridge...he kept lookin back and forth from the pic to the cake saying "How did you do that!" over and over .... was cute and made me feel really good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
norahkate
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009 01:02:10 PM »

Absolutely amazing!  We know all too well about Bakugan, because our almost four year old lives, breathes and sleeps it. 

...and this is why i only go on craftster at night.  guess who just ran up next to me?
so on that note, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TUTORIAL!  Looks like I'm making it come November.  I'll let you know how I do, but that's a lot to live up to.  Beautiful cake!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shop These 4 NYE Dresses Right Now
Rent The Runway Takes On Fifth Avenue
New Looks from Old Coats with Lilliana Vazquez: Part 2
New Looks from Old Coats with Lilliana Vazquez: Part 1
The Coolest Crop Tops of 2013
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...