A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,342
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chocolate covered EVERYTHING  (Read 1691 times)
Tags for this thread: cupcake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SLB
« on: April 29, 2009 10:24:21 PM »

Hey guys. I frequent here a lot just lurking the forums but what I just did needed to be said to someone and so I made an account.

I was trying to make this mousse that I heard about that you can make with equal parts chocolate and water (done by weight). However, since I don't have a weight, I just eyeballed everything and it didn't work out right. I kept adding chocolate to try and get it to thicken up to make mousse (I seriously started unwrapping tiny Easter candies that had crunchy stuff in them and even ended up throwing my hollow chocolate bunny in). None of that worked, so I asked my boyfriend "chocolate covered strawberries or make icing?" He chose strawberries.

I looked and saw that we were almost out of strawberries, so I made what I could and threw those in the fridge. There was still a lot of chocolate left so I looked and ended up grabbing a bunch of grapes and throwing them into the pot. I spooned those out, took the little chocolate that was left and put them into cupcake holders and put all of that in the fridge. I'll post pics when they've cooled.

What do you guys think?

UPDATE: It was all eaten before I could take pictures. The water made the chocolate not harden, though, so it wasn't dripping but it wasn't crunchy either. All in all it was pretty good--the grapes were weird but not bad. What other fruits have you guys dipped?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009 01:15:57 AM by SLB » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BrightestCreations
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009 06:52:09 AM »

Ive never heard of chocolate covered grapes, but you never know it could be good.

Mousse is generally whipped using dairy, such as cream or milk or even evaporated milk from what I remember.

I had something similar happen to me where we dipped things in chocolate and had WAAAYYY too much melted chocolate left over. I added some corn syurp, milk, sugar and a little butter to try and make a hot fudge type of topping. It was relatively successful. A little imagination and you can do ANYTHING with chocolate Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SLB
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009 01:17:57 AM »

I updated the main post.

Yeah, I thought it was weird that it was only chocolate and water but the article said it worked. I think that the fact that I couldn't measure could have been it, or maybe it was just wrong. The article was pretty vague on specifics, not even giving a type of chocolate which also seemed a possible issue. I started with DARK dark chocolate and then later mixed in milk chocolate (and also later a bit of milk).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dewberry89
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009 09:02:41 AM »

chocolate covered bananas are my favourite Cheesy but I always get funny looks from any men that are around when I'm eating them.......

Delia Smith's recipes for chocolate mousse
I've used this recipe before, was very yummy Smiley
few more ingredients than chocolate and water, but worth it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009 09:38:47 AM »

chocolate  covered oranges (the manderin ones are wonderful)
pineapple,  bananas fresh frozen or dried all yummy! , oreo cookies, potato chips half dipped, nutter butter cookies, 
you can also blowup a balloon and roll it in chocolate.  after its cool  pop the balloon and you can fill it with candy or what ever   OR  fill the balloon ahead with small candies and  then roll. when you pop the balloon you can leave the candy behind.   I made those for my kids for easter one year (home made kinder  eggs).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
acornell2
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009 08:17:06 PM »

Chocolate covered raspberries are AMAZING!  Hubby got me some one Mother's Day when the candy place ran out of chocolate covered strawberries.  They were made with a darker chocolate though, but still wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pilarfarmer
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009 02:10:33 PM »

marshmellos are good dipped in chocolate and rolled in nuts or coconut
dried pineapple or mango, cake balls= cake crumbled and mixed with frosting made into balls and dipped into chocolate they are kind of like truffles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is a correlation between the creative and the screwball."
Kingman Brewster, Jr., educator

"Where there is fear, there is no creativity"
Christopher Lowell

would love to do small personal swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make a Calla Lily Arm Bouquet
How to do music jam tracks
Rap Manual: Lesson 6
Rap Manual: Lesson 5
Rap Manual: Lesson 2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...