A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buy Nothing Swap Round 3 Gallery  (Read 6526 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008 07:10:54 PM »

Wow! I'm so impressed that you're already spinning! Your yellow yarn is looking great... it's kind of making me crave bananas. Smiley

The purple soap is lavender and tea tree essential oils.  The other is an exfoliating bar with ground apricot kernel and an Aveda cinnamon-clove oil for fragrance. I thought it would be a nice autumn bar.

I'm so glad you liked everything! I can't wait to see your yarns popping up over on Fiber Friday. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xray kitten

Textiles, yarn, wool, metal, stuff...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2008 12:26:28 AM »

WoW! Lovely fibres!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2008 08:39:13 AM »

lapoli! I'm dying to know more about these wool dryer balls. Want to share that homemade laundry soap recipe too? I can see myself quite pleased using a recipe like that. What a SUPER cool idea. It even gave me an idea for another swap....Cleaning supplies swap.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2008 09:08:29 AM »

Homemade laundry detergent is actually quite easy to make!  There are a lot of recipes on this site, but the one I made is #4 on the page.  I found both the Borax and the Washing Soda in the laundry aisle in my grocery store;  the Fels Naptha was a bit tougher to find, but I found it at Ace Hardware.  (Just to be clear, too, I had these in the house already!) 

Grating the Fels Naptha is the worst part.  I don't have a food processor so I manually grated a whole bar which took forever.  I think you can buy it pre-grated but it's much more expensive that way.

I've also seen that people use Ivory soap bars in the place of Fels Naptha.  FN has a very distinctive smell and after smelling it for the hour I spent grating, I think I may use Ivory next time. 

The laundry balls were really easy!  She has a great tutorial on her site, complete with lots of pictures.  The only thing differently I did when making mine was that instead of just wrapping around a lot of yarn on itself, I took leftover pieces of a wool sweater to make the base.  Pieces around the collar and the bottom ribbing are generally more difficult to recycle, so when I recycle the yarn, I always have leftovers.  This way, I was reusing parts of something I would have normally just tossed (or saved for the birds in the spring), and I limited the use of large parts of my wool stash. Smiley  I made some for myself, too, and I've noticed a big reduction in the amount of static I've gotten as I pull clothes out of the dryer.  (I will mention, too, that fellow Craftster oneredboot turned me onto the dryer balls.  She listed them in her STS and naturally, I got curious as to how to make them myself. Smiley)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008 05:13:16 PM by lapoli » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2008 11:27:01 AM »

Thanks!  I think you may have provided me with part of my MIL's Christmas present!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
sunspotted
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2008 11:29:18 AM »

Very cool ideas, thanks for the links lapoli. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2008 12:14:17 PM »

My partner, malbert received today! She's way busy so I decided to post the pictures I took before I mailed the package out. Hopefully she will post some action shots, though! Grin

Not pictured: a small crochet kit
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008 12:14:57 PM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
sunspotted
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2008 05:05:46 PM »

I received my package today from Jackmo.  I haven't heard if she has received from me yet, but I would hope so.  It's certainly been long enough.  Smiley

An altered journal inspired by one in my wists, a cat toy (I have not yet determined if it contains catnip as all the cats are currently napping) Smiley and some lovely squooshy yarn.  Sadly my picture taking skills suck and the colours are not particularly true to life, but still pretty.

Thank you Jackmo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
tazzell
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2008 05:15:36 PM »

I received a marvelous package from xray kitten but am still having major computer/picture issues Sad
Julia sent me the most gorgeous neck warmer and the most fantastic mittens that I have been extremely grateful for lately with all the ice and snow we've been having here.  She also sent me 3 beautiful bracelets that haven't been off my wrist since opening the package.  Thank you so much Julia and sorry to be a pest but could you post the pics you have for me and I promise once my computer issues are resolved I will post some action shots Smiley  Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taz

'Life must be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards' - Soren Kierkegaard

My wists
http://www.wists.com/tazzell
My blog
http://cutitandpinit.blogspot.com/

Trends may come and go but I'll always be a crafter.
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2008 07:50:43 PM »

Here is the beautiful package that amnesia sent me.  I must first apologize for being a photo slacker.... I have a problem... my 4 year old second child also has shamefully few photos of her first year...I am a slacker.

Grovel, grovel.

Well after much groveling

I could immediately tell that she did some stalking, there is the most awesome color fabric on the beret.  I am in love, and the weather here is just becoming hat weather, so perfect timing.

Then I open this beautiful collar.  I am totally enchanted with this thing. 

A cool matching scarf and tissue holder.

A key and notes organizer.

And a cute pair of doll shoes...with sheep!

Thank you amnesia, a wonderful package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter B
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter F
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter C
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter E
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter A
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...