A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 308,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: paper source  (Read 1881 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kellyfitz84
« on: March 05, 2005 08:14:39 PM »

There are not too many great crafty type stores in DC Sad But in..I think november....they opened Paper source in georetown. I go all the time! I love it!!!
While it's not cheap, they have a lovely selection and tools n stuff you cant find anywhere else.
Their books are amazing and their second level is the best- and it looks like their going to have lil classes even!!!
Their hiring, but I dont know what the hell they require since I applied, have great refrences and expirence, and they didnt hire me >< poopy.  Cry
Anyone else spend their entire budget there? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puppymomma

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005 08:34:46 PM »

Are you specifically looking for scrapbooking papers?  I am a sales rep for a number of scrapbooking companies and we sell to many stores in the MD/DC/VA area.  I'll be glad to get you some names.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

http://funkyjewtopia.com
kellyfitz84
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005 02:10:38 PM »

I'm looking for paper for scrapbooking and also just crafts. I would *love* a list of where you guys sell paper Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThatFalafelGirl
I'm an Alpaca!!!

Ambivalent about Adulthood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005 09:26:55 PM »

i wandered in to the Paper Source. it's pretty sweet Smiley i'm worried if it's going to be able to stay there though. I'm not really into scrapbooking, but  i think i could still drop a bundle there in general. I miss The ART STORE though. someone told me that Dick Blick bought it out, but opened it back up. Does anyone else know anything about this??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bats Need Friends!
snoopendous
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005 06:33:07 PM »

I too am very bummed that the Art Store is gone. THat store was great.  As far as I know there are not any other "The Art Stores" in the DC area -- the website does not list any, anyway.  Of course, there are 2 other art stores (but not "The Art Store") in DC -- there is one on 13th downtown closer to the metro center area the name of which I forget, and there is one on K or L street downtown as well in the foggy bottom area.  Of course I forget the name of that one too, but I am sure they are in the phone book.  BUt I really m iss the one in Georgetown.

Does the paper source store have non-scrapbooking type art supplies or is it mostly crafts for scrapbooking? Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cransell
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005 05:40:14 AM »

Dick Blick did indeed by the Art Store, but the DC location is permanently closed.  The closest Dick Blick/Art Store location is in Manhattan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005 10:12:17 PM »

I worked at Paper Source SF when I lived in the US and was hired because of my experience in bookmaking & paper-related work. It was the best job I ever had.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
lemairia
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005 02:31:56 PM »

I too am very bummed that the Art Store is gone. THat store was great.  As far as I know there are not any other "The Art Stores" in the DC area -- the website does not list any, anyway.  Of course, there are 2 other art stores (but not "The Art Store") in DC -- there is one on 13th downtown closer to the metro center area the name of which I forget, and there is one on K or L street downtown as well in the foggy bottom area.  Of course I forget the name of that one too, but I am sure they are in the phone book.  BUt I really m iss the one in Georgetown.

Does the paper source store have non-scrapbooking type art supplies or is it mostly crafts for scrapbooking? Thanks

The one downtown is called Utrecht.  The one on K and 20th is Pla-za Art (there are several other Pla-za stores in the area as well).  But that's about it for stores in DC proper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeMair Handcrafts
unique handcrafted items for modern living
www.lemairhandcrafts.com
ThatFalafelGirl
I'm an Alpaca!!!

Ambivalent about Adulthood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005 09:29:10 PM »

i stopped in there again the other day (Paper Source) and i bought THE MOST fantastic rubber stamp. it's so fantastic, i think i might get it tattooed somewhere about me person. i LOVE it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bats Need Friends!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...