A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper Crafty Scavenger Hunt  (Read 6714 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008 06:35:20 PM »

wow, both recieved packages are AWESOME...love the pinokio paper
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008 06:57:30 PM »

Okay, absolutely massive swap anxiety has sunk in. I received an awesome package from loves2experiment today (off to pm her and penlowe after I type this). I know there's absolutely no way my package will compare to hers. Sigh... I knew I should have "cheated" and way overdone things.

Anyways, I'm pooped after a day of maternity clothes shopping with my SIL (for her, not me) and am helping her and my BIL move in all day tomorrow. So, photos of the utterly amazing goodness from L2E will likely be posted tomorrow night or Sunday morning. (I'd try to do it tonight but it's too dark to get any good photos.)

Racky, that package you sent was amazing. I love the creativeness of the scissors stamp and that library card is priceless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008 08:33:05 PM »

Alright everyone, here are the amazing goodies from loves2experiment! First up, here's the list of items matched with what loves2experiment sent - I love how creative she was!

1) chunky - handspun yarn by l2e
2) over 20 - 50 sheets of origami papers
3) typography - rub-on words related to cooking
4) botanical - handmade paper
5) postal - recycled envelopes handmade by l2e
6) photograph - original photography by l2e
7) label - hollywood quotes
Cool whimsical - cute papers
9) found - papers found in books
10) local - city guides to Canton, OH
11) sharp - handmade photo corners by l2e
12) vintage - postcards
13) transportation - car ads cards
14) altered - inchies backgrounds by l2e ready for further embellishment
15) senders choice - handcarved stamp by l2e

To start with, each item was individually wrapped in tissue paper and marked with a cute, little note like these. I could look at the tags right away or wait and guess which item went with which category (I ended doing a bit of both).

Here are all the items l2e created for me - wist away, ladies!   Grin

My absolutely favorite item in the whole bunch - oh, l2e, you know me too well!  Cheesy
A handcarved donut stamp - yippee! This will be new favorite stamp and will be popping up everywhere, I'm sure. This item was "Sender's Choice".

Next up are handmade envelopes ("Postage") and handmade photo corners ("Sharp"). I love the creativity of both of these items!

And I've been wanting to try inchies - now I have a reason! Some inchie starters/backgrounds ("Altered") made by l2e. I'm loving the colors and have already been inspired. The colors make me think of a world map, so I'm going to do a travel series!

Next up is a mini-skein of some yummy l2e handspun yarn ("chunky"). Yea for yarn!   Grin

Last up for the items l2e crafted are some original photographs. (The glares on the photos are from my photography, not hers!) I love collecting people's photography, and these are going on my inspiration wall for sure! I especially love the Frank Lloyd Wright house, the antler chandelier and the glass photo (l2e, is that from the children's museum in Indianapolis?).

And onto the other goodies she selected for me. Here we have car ads cards ("transportation"), guidebooks for Canton ("local"), vintage postcards ("vintage"), photo stickers of famous movie quotes ("label"), and a bunch of miscellaneous papers she found in books ("found"). All of this stuff is so cool, but I love the found items. It feels kinda naughty reading other people's stuff.   Grin

And last, but certainly not least, we have the handmade papers ("botanical"), rub-ons with baking terms ("typography"), over 50 sheets of origami paper ("over 20") and cute paper ("whimsical"). I especially love the paper with the flower petals embedded and the cute papers - holy cuteness overload! I really don't even want to use them, they're so cute. I think I'm going to cut out small squares of the papers and put them into mini-frames, then put them in my craft room. They're too cute not to display!

Whew, quite the haul I got, no? Thanks again, loves2experiment, for such an amazing, amazing package. I enjoyed every single bit of it and it was so much fun trying to figure out which category each item went into.  Wink

And thank again, Penlowe, for organizing such a wonderful swap! I'm definitely in for another round in the future!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008 10:12:34 PM »

I believe that is the ceiling at the Bellagio in Las Vegas (see here)... a very pretty photo!

That whole package is awesome!  I love the donut stamp, and the yarn looks yummy.  Smiley

And the inchies backgrounds rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008 10:50:46 PM »

Nice haul you got there, AQ! I love the idea of framing some of the paper -- I have so many papers (and fabrics) that I adore so much I don't want to risk ruining them on a project.  Roll Eyes...So framing would be the way to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008 06:21:07 AM »

Great bunch of loot there.  I love the origami papers and I think homemade photo corners are awesome. 

I'm going to have to watch the paper craft thread for some really cool crafts after this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
SpottedFrog
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008 06:48:48 AM »

OK!! My lovely goodies from Amaryllisroze:
teaser, some of the great vintage pieces:

Everything together (with # item labels):

My lovely crafter items:

I realized the numbers aren't big enough to read when posted, here's the list:
Chunky- vintage bingo card
Over 20- inchies!! squeee!!
Typography- vintage dictionart pages
Botanical- vintage botany book pages
Postal- stamps from Hong Kong
Photograph- "Melba" and company (seriously, that is the name written on the school pic!)
Label- I have no idea where she got this, it's a codeine solution from before a Rx was required.
Whimsical- really neat paper printed with a Da Vinci? portrait of a woman & her pet ferret.
Found- coins from several countries & a bus token
Local- vintage St. Louis post cards
Sharp- a section of old pressed tin, it's very sharp!!
Vintage- a fantastic letter from a bank about a missing mortgage tax payment dated 1919, in great condition (WHERE do you find these things?!?)
Transportation- very cool blank page journal bound in maps
Altered- a lovely little piece of art with a very inspirational quote Cheesy
Senders Choice- ATC kits! whee!

I really love all of it, I am SO inspired!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008 06:59:59 AM by Penlowe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008 08:38:58 AM »

Whoa!!  All good stuff.  I love the vintage items, especially the postcards and coins.  And the handmades are wonderful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008 01:13:51 PM »

It's so fun to see what everyone sent for all the categories! I love the donut stamp by L2E and your inchies, aroze.

For the people that asked, the Pinokeeo paper I sent jenicat came from Italy. I thought it was so cute! I wish I had purchased more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008 02:51:19 PM »

Yep, that Chihuly glass picture was taken at the Bellagio's in LV Cheesy  We've stayed there a couple of times and that was the only decent picture I took Roll Eyes 

Amaryllisroze and rackycoo, you gals are master scavengers when it comes to finding vintage items!  Love the swap packages you sent to your partners Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Production Studio - Creating a Solid Background
Adobe Production Studio - Explaining Title Safe and Action Safe Guides
Adobe Production Studio - Using an Element from a 4:3 Comp in a 16:9 Comp
Adobe Production Studio - Setting Up a New Composition
Adobe Production Studio - Lower Thirds
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...