A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: X-MEN COSTUMES  (Read 4436 times)
Tags for this thread: xmen , storm , mystique , phoenix  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

liltea
« on: November 03, 2008 11:21:34 PM »

Duh!!! I put this in the craft challenge but totally forgot to post it on here. Well I'll just do a copy+paste:

Yay!!!! Okay so we have had this idea since last Halloween but were too lazy and slow to get it together. So this year it finally happened! I ordered these zentai bodysuits from Hong Kong in September and then we went from there. I will post the "entry" pictures and then go on to explain the rest! I wish the pictures showed up as good of quality as they do on my computer but oh well.

TA-DA!!!!

Storm (me), Mystique and Phoenix
We painted our eyelids to look like yellow and white because we both wear prescription and just too expensive plus they drive my eyes crazy.

They began as these (the black and blue ones from e-bay):

Then I made the little X's on my costume from craft foam and painted it with Silver Metallic craft foam paint (I didn't even know it existed!). The belt is made of the same black fabric as you can see in the cape picture below.

The Mystique costume is the one that took a long time to do. The scales are made of scrapbook paper spray painted blue. In all I think it was over 2 and a half hours of cutting, 7 hours of gluing and an hour to do hair and makeup. If you look closely in a couple of the pictures we even glued the paper to her face and airbrushed over them to make it scaly. It was sooo cool in real life!

Phoenix was made of the little boy's devil costume, and the logo was made of a black vinyl material spray painted gold. The boots and gloves were spray painted the same colour. The sash was just gold material from Wal-Mart.

A few making-of shots (I kept forgetting to take some!):

My cape that my boyfriend's mom helped me make. It was attached with the snap buttons and snapped onto the gloves i was wearing too. The black part is actually an old bra sewn under some weird shiny black fabric (shown above cape). The cape part is silver satiny material:

and some extra fun shots:

That's all folks!
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elwynceltic
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008 04:02:31 AM »

I'm jealous that you can make something so awesome, and extra jealous that you three look so darn good in body suits, lol! Great job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
exubereactor

She's a crafty one.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008 04:16:53 AM »

Terrific!  Absolutely love these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Throw your heart over the fence.
The rest will follow.
- Norman Vincent Peale
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008 06:52:16 AM »

Mystique looked creepy... but in the Mystique way. The eyeshadow on the eyelids instead of the lenses is AWESOME, great idea. Both suits transformed beautifully and the Storm cape is awesome, looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
liltea
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008 07:37:14 PM »

Thanks for the compliments Smiley

I'm jealous that you can make something so awesome, and extra jealous that you three look so darn good in body suits, lol! Great job Smiley

I definitely was glad I had that cape or I would have felt so naked! haha it's a good thing it was actually spandex and not the vinyl/leather it looked like or I would have sweated to death.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Elva Hsiao Asian Look
How to Get Side Swept Bangs
Homemade Moisturizing Hair Conditioner
How to Texture Hair
Short Hairstyles for Women
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...