A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've been attacked by THE BIRDS! (now with bonus Juno costumes)  (Read 2171 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_32_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lizzle
« on: November 03, 2008 11:54:53 AM »

For this Halloween, I had two different parties to go to (one on Friday, one on Saturday) with many of the same people in attendance, so I knew I needed two different costumes.

On Friday, we went to a party and my boyfriend and I decided to dress up at Juno and Paulie Bleecker from the movie.  The costumes were pretty easy and not too craft-intensive.  I just used clothes that we already had and augmented it with an American Apparel trip.

People thought it was really cute and random people we didn't know kept asking to take pictures with us.
For the pregnant belly, I wore a tight tank top and leggings underneath my outfit and stuffed two sweatshirts into the tummy area.  The tank top and leggings held them in and helped to smooth out all the lumps.

This picture is of me with my friend, who was dressed up as sushi. I wish I could take credit for that awesome idea, but I didn't make it or think it up.  The picture does a better job of showing how huge my preggers belly was.

On Saturday was the piece de resistance!  I decided to be Tippi Hedren from Alfred Hitchcock's classic, The Birds.  I bought a blonde "soccer mom" wig and gave it a haircut.     Then I used a vintagey green dress that I already had and sewed crows to both the dress and the wig.  I used lipliner to make "cuts" all over my body.  The costume was a huge success--everyone loved it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ssummerer
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008 01:10:31 PM »

The Juno costume is such a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008 02:11:09 PM »

The Birds costume is totally awesome!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
cinderblock
astral adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008 01:49:49 PM »

hehe, i love the birds costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
The 3rd Eye
"they sell us love as divinity, but it's only a social obsenity, underneath they're all lovable."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Dreidel Drinking
How to Play Beer Checkers
How to Play Snap
How to Use the Ouija Board
How to Prepare for a Scavenger Hunt
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...