A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wine accessories and pinup paperweight  (Read 1063 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 03, 2008 08:01:34 AM »

I love me some wine!  Grin I made some wine accessories awhile ago and thought I would share pics!

Wine Bottle cover:

Wine Glass Charms:

Hubby and I are currently attempting to make wine out of wild grapes that were growing on my parents land. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

*Edit*
I am adding this paperweight in this post too. Not sure where else it would go. I used a candle plate and resin and a pinup pic to make the paperweight. I am thinking about making more. This one turned out really neat!

Comments and constructive criticism welcome.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008 08:07:24 AM by ehinders » THIS ROCKS   Logged
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008 09:24:36 AM »

Cool idea to use the candle plate for a paperweight. What are the charms on the bottle?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ehinders

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008 11:39:03 AM »

Thanks! I am experimenting with doing the same with old glass ashtrays. I have no other use for them, but I think they will work for this purpose too. I made all the charms with different kinds of beads and seashels. The beads are a mixture of glass, plastic and wooden ones that I had in my stash. The colors are all inspired by the sea (blue, green, and coral).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catdaddytn
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008 08:39:50 PM »

hi,  Wow!  I especially like your paper weight.  How did you make it?  I bought a paperweight kit today and it just wasn't what I wanted.  I also looked at the resin supplies, but they were rather costly since I'm not sure if it would work for my project.

My DH mentioned after a trip to NYC when he toured the national bank or something like that.  During the tour, he got some shredded money and he said that it would make a paper weight.  Ahh - Christmas idea.  Any ideas?

thanks.  catdaddytn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
ehinders

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008 07:08:14 AM »

hi,  Wow!  I especially like your paper weight.  How did you make it?  I bought a paperweight kit today and it just wasn't what I wanted.  I also looked at the resin supplies, but they were rather costly since I'm not sure if it would work for my project.

My DH mentioned after a trip to NYC when he toured the national bank or something like that.  During the tour, he got some shredded money and he said that it would make a paper weight.  Ahh - Christmas idea.  Any ideas?

thanks.  catdaddytn

Well, I used a glass candle plate for this one. I've also used old glass ashtrays. I printed the image on regular printer paper and modge podged the words on it I cut a circle to fit. I placed it on the plate and poured resin over the whole thing. Then I let it cure for a couple of days. Resin can be expensive if you don't know what to look for. I use a brand called Easy Cast. The Easy Cast comes in two parts and you just mix it in equal parts. The other resin is hard to control! I have found a 16 oz. kit of Easy Cast online for as little as $11. 16 oz makes a lot of stuff! I buy inexpensive stuff like the candle plates, ashtrays, etc. at dollar stores and thrift stores. I bet the shredded money would look really cool in a paperweight like that! If you don't want to use resin, I think you could probably stuff a candle plate like thingy with the money and glue felt over the back. That should work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catdaddytn
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008 09:08:48 PM »

thanks.  I'm trying to envision what you are talking about.  thanks. catdaddytn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Orange Chicken
How to Make a Tempeh and Shiitake Mushroom Stir-Fry
How to Make Teriyaki Glazed Duck Breast
Curry Chicken with Apples and Pasta Recipe
How To Make Curry Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...