A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wine accessories and pinup paperweight  (Read 1085 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: November 03, 2008 08:01:34 AM »

I love me some wine!  Grin I made some wine accessories awhile ago and thought I would share pics!

Wine Bottle cover:

Wine Glass Charms:

Hubby and I are currently attempting to make wine out of wild grapes that were growing on my parents land. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

*Edit*
I am adding this paperweight in this post too. Not sure where else it would go. I used a candle plate and resin and a pinup pic to make the paperweight. I am thinking about making more. This one turned out really neat!

Comments and constructive criticism welcome.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008 08:07:24 AM by ehinders » THIS ROCKS   Logged
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008 09:24:36 AM »

Cool idea to use the candle plate for a paperweight. What are the charms on the bottle?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ehinders

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008 11:39:03 AM »

Thanks! I am experimenting with doing the same with old glass ashtrays. I have no other use for them, but I think they will work for this purpose too. I made all the charms with different kinds of beads and seashels. The beads are a mixture of glass, plastic and wooden ones that I had in my stash. The colors are all inspired by the sea (blue, green, and coral).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catdaddytn
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008 08:39:50 PM »

hi,  Wow!  I especially like your paper weight.  How did you make it?  I bought a paperweight kit today and it just wasn't what I wanted.  I also looked at the resin supplies, but they were rather costly since I'm not sure if it would work for my project.

My DH mentioned after a trip to NYC when he toured the national bank or something like that.  During the tour, he got some shredded money and he said that it would make a paper weight.  Ahh - Christmas idea.  Any ideas?

thanks.  catdaddytn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
ehinders

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008 07:08:14 AM »

hi,  Wow!  I especially like your paper weight.  How did you make it?  I bought a paperweight kit today and it just wasn't what I wanted.  I also looked at the resin supplies, but they were rather costly since I'm not sure if it would work for my project.

My DH mentioned after a trip to NYC when he toured the national bank or something like that.  During the tour, he got some shredded money and he said that it would make a paper weight.  Ahh - Christmas idea.  Any ideas?

thanks.  catdaddytn

Well, I used a glass candle plate for this one. I've also used old glass ashtrays. I printed the image on regular printer paper and modge podged the words on it I cut a circle to fit. I placed it on the plate and poured resin over the whole thing. Then I let it cure for a couple of days. Resin can be expensive if you don't know what to look for. I use a brand called Easy Cast. The Easy Cast comes in two parts and you just mix it in equal parts. The other resin is hard to control! I have found a 16 oz. kit of Easy Cast online for as little as $11. 16 oz makes a lot of stuff! I buy inexpensive stuff like the candle plates, ashtrays, etc. at dollar stores and thrift stores. I bet the shredded money would look really cool in a paperweight like that! If you don't want to use resin, I think you could probably stuff a candle plate like thingy with the money and glue felt over the back. That should work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catdaddytn
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008 09:08:48 PM »

thanks.  I'm trying to envision what you are talking about.  thanks. catdaddytn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ursula Le Guin on the Influence of the Earthsea Series
Mark Nepo on Creating the "Seven Thousand Ways to Listen" Audiobook
Joanna Brooks Reveals Her Story in "The Book of Mormon Girl"
Kathy Reichs on Her Novel "Bones Are Forever"
Classics Novels Are Being Morphed Into Erotica
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...