A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blue & brown nursery (very image heavy)  (Read 23598 times)
Tags for this thread: nursery , decorating  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pmtvoice
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2008 08:00:02 AM »

Does anybody have any ideas for doing the wall grid color blocks with plywood or something else than painting?... It might be interesting to have a quick change ability if you could build them and affix them on the wall...

I thought of the same thing.  I have seen on a few shows where they cover plywood with batting and fabric (HGTV).  I think you could also use good chipboard or book binding board covered in fabric (no batting) and adhere to the wall with Velcro.

Even something like this but on a smaller scale.  It depends on what you are looking for.

http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-to-make-fabric-panel-wall-art.html

Hmmm....I like the wood frame idea, that makes it lighter and easier to hang up and change around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog at http://pmtvoice.com
Design your own personalized ribbon at http://www.printmyribbon.com or custom labels at http://www.printmything.com
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2008 08:22:05 AM »

Does anybody have any ideas for doing the wall grid color blocks with plywood or something else than painting?... It might be interesting to have a quick change ability if you could build them and affix them on the wall...

I thought of the same thing.  I have seen on a few shows where they cover plywood with batting and fabric (HGTV).  I think you could also use good chipboard or book binding board covered in fabric (no batting) and adhere to the wall with Velcro.

Even something like this but on a smaller scale.  It depends on what you are looking for.

http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-to-make-fabric-panel-wall-art.html

Hmmm....I like the wood frame idea, that makes it lighter and easier to hang up and change around.

VERY cool idea!  The possibilities are basically endless with all of the fabric available to us.  You could change the wall with the seasons even!

sweets ~

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new avatar!  How precious!  Cheesy

Aww, thanks!!  I just took the photo last night!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=277192.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Jinjeet Phoenix

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2008 01:17:32 PM »

What an absolutely beautiful and soothing atmosphere for a baby.  It is all lovely. (and I no comment on the Daddy help.lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2008 01:38:44 PM »

What an absolutely beautiful and soothing atmosphere for a baby.  It is all lovely. (and I no comment on the Daddy help.lol)

Thank you so much! Smiley

Aw, he did help. Cheesy  He just wouldn't go anywhere near the checkered wall of death, haha!  He did the main wall painting, setup the crib, did the cabling on the shelving annnnd installed the ceiling fixture.  He looooves the PaintMate!  It's seriously one of the best inventions ever, I believe.  http://www.wagnerspraytech.com/portal/paintmate_plus_spray,41922,747.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2008 09:53:31 PM »

Oh I didn't mean anything derogatory.  I simply meant by "Daddy help"  that sometimes they get this "look" or have some very "helpful" comments such as  "I thought it was really easy."  when he wouldn't touch that wall with a ten foot paint stick.lol.  Gotta love em'.  I had no doubt he had a large hand in getting this wonderful room ready.  That paint brush thing is nothing short of genious!!! Wish that would work here, our paint is like water.
All in all a beautiful room that he can grow up in for years to come.  I bet you change it before he grows out of it.lol.  Love the little innovations like the bumper thing for a valance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2008 11:35:56 PM »

Oh I didn't mean anything derogatory.  I simply meant by "Daddy help"  that sometimes they get this "look" or have some very "helpful" comments such as  "I thought it was really easy."  when he wouldn't touch that wall with a ten foot paint stick.lol.  Gotta love em'.  I had no doubt he had a large hand in getting this wonderful room ready.  That paint brush thing is nothing short of genious!!! Wish that would work here, our paint is like water.
All in all a beautiful room that he can grow up in for years to come.  I bet you change it before he grows out of it.lol.  Love the little innovations like the bumper thing for a valance.

Hehe, I figured that's what you meant!  I just realized I should totally give him (and the paint stick, haha!) some more credit.  He definitely would not go anywhere near that wall.  I think it was referred to as the "wall of the devil" at some point. Cheesy  It really wasn't bad, though.  It just took lots of patience and painter's tape!

The painter's stick thingie is totally awesome, but you're right, it probably wouldn't work very well with super thin paint.  It might splatter?  Though, if you can use the paint with a regular roller, I bet you could use it with this, too.  Maybe just roll sloooowly... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jinjeet Phoenix

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2008 01:05:48 AM »

Lol.  That wall looks like a lot of Planning, patience and tape.lol.  But everything is so worth it.  It's such an incredible outcome.  There are the little things like thinking outside the box a little with things like the head bumper for a valance, the shelving, etc.
Haha, with that incredible paint stick,  I don't think I'd even get to the splatter stage.  it would start running out the second I raised it I think.  Oh well. I get to paint whenever I visit my sister so I'll keep that in mind next time I go.lol.
Maybe just roll sloooowly...  lol.  Liked that.  I don't know what slow is really. lol. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nena2007
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2008 07:01:56 AM »

That is so modern and clean! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
UnRuli

Artist/Illustrator/Professor

« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2008 08:20:56 AM »

beautiful! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cup*KAY*ke
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2008 11:00:38 PM »

I know EXACTLY which picture you are referencing on Flickr. I drooled over this nursery while I was pregnant.   Unfortunately, my water broke two months early.  We raced to finish the nursery.  While I still love how it turned out, deep down, I'm gonna be jealous of you for awhile.  Tongue

But you did inspire me to post about our nursery redo, although it feels second place and nowhere near as awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Southern Shrimp and Grits
How to Make Whole Grain Waffles with Blueberries and Yogurt
How to Create an Easy Brunch Pancake Bar
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
How to Make Shrimp-Stuffed Creole Tomatoes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...