A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reconstructed Cheeta Dance Pants Jumsuit {pic juicy}  (Read 1916 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_32_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
veggie head 4 life
Offline Offline

Posts: 247
Joined: 24-Jan-2008

Chickpeas & peanut butter will feed the world!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 02, 2008 02:03:20 PM »

greetings all you beautiful craftsters out there!

i hadn't dressed up for halloween in some time.....but when i heard about one of my favorite bands (shout out to all you panic fans!) was going to be playing in New Orleans, LA I knew i had to create my own costume

so i set out to the thrift store looking for inspiration......
i found a great flowly skirt & t shirt set....it still had the tags attached (score!) it was only $8.00 for the set. The cashier said it was a shame I was going to harvest this "beautiful" outfit for fabric.   Cheesy   Little did she know I was about to give the hideous cheeta print a better life.  Wink

check the lovely sash out that went through the belt loops of the skirt  Smiley

with a cut, cut here and a stitch, stitch there........

the basic construction entailed pants & a tube top connected at the hip.

THe tube top part was salvaged from the T-shir....Ii created a casing above the bust for some no roll elastic....

The skirt was used to create the pants all around  the hips to create a bubble-hem-ish draping in the front I did about 6 rows of smocking/shirring.

I resued the patch style pocket from the shirt & attatched to the pants.

I even resued the shoulder pads! I simply safety pinned either pad to a deadlock on either side of my head for my ears

My tail consisted of the elastic waistband fron the skirt. It was light weight & moved easily.

My arm warmers were created from the necklines of the front & back portion of the T shirt.....It worked out well because the neckline of the T had ribbed binding....

its kinda hard to see the smocking, but its there

here I am doing some warm up dance moves before the concert in my hotel room


i was super pleased with the overall outfit. Plus it was SUPER comfortable & easy to dance in.

Thanks guys, I love you all!


dance through your days........

my fabric-tastic blog

Let's be friends!!
Offline Offline

Posts: 659
Joined: 14-Aug-2008

Only dead fish go with the flow ....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008 02:40:17 PM »

Great costume! 

Well done at finding that much leopard print fabric.  That's an awesome reconstruction!

I like it a lot

 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book
A Little Birdie Told Me

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2016, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.