A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,683
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PLease Help me :(  (Read 4858 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hiptobeme
« on: March 05, 2005 07:47:56 AM »

Im desperately trying to figure out this pattern http://www.angelfire.com/va3/heartfeltangels/littlestarafghan.html I can do the first 2 rounds fine but when I start the third round , I dont know where to start. Where am I sheeling? In the ch2 space? but then Im skipping a bunch of stitches to get there Sad Maybe I mess up on the end of round 2 as to where to ss to join, which 3rd chain from the beginning? Would that be on the shell?
 If I ignore the first part and just shell in all the ch2 spaces it looks almost like the picture except for the first point. Its the begining of every round thats really stumping me.
 Im trying to make this blanket for my cousin having twins but the shower is coming up really soon and if I dont figure this out by this weekend ill have to do something different Sad
 If I have to post pictures to show my work I can but it may take aliitle while. Thankyou so much anyone who can help......M
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taking a break from Craftster so I can finish up my swaps!
hiptobeme
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005 09:49:26 AM »

Read 22 times and no help Sad at the risk of copyright infingement please tell me where this is "Sl st in 3rd ch of beginning chain to join"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ayame
Psycho Jrocker

Hurry up hurry up wrist cut show

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005 09:53:44 AM »

Sorry, I can't really help. If you're really stuck, why don't you try and find someone near you that can help? Or find a crochet class and ask the instructor to help you..?

~Ayame
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viyh

This is Fluffy. He is the destroyer of worlds.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005 09:58:55 PM »

I just tried that pattern myself.. I'm no expert chocheter (new word!), but I think there's something screwy with that pattern. At the end of your last shell on round two I think you need no ch 2 before you slip stitch into the 3rd ch of the beginning of round 2. Once you do that (the sl stitch into the 3rd ch) you need to sl stitch into the next ch beside that one.. so you have two sl stitches in the beginning of your third row basically. Then you dc into the top of the next dc of the previous round. After that you do 3 dc into the space created by the 2 ch in round 2 (which will turn into one of the points) then ch2, then 3 dc into the space again then 2 dc into the tops of the next 2dc in the previous round. It's after that that I get confused. Are we supposed to not ch any, but just dc into the top of the next dc of the previous round? Doing that causes some bunching, but maybe it's supposed to look like that.  Also, I had to modify where the dcs went in order to make the open spaces line up properly.

Anyway, as far as i can tell each point in the third round will have 5dc on either side of the 2 ch (whereas in the 2nd round there are 3dc beside each 2ch). I hope that makes sense.... Huh?

I can post a picture of what I've tried, but maybe it's best to move onto a different pattern   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hiptobeme
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005 05:40:28 AM »

Thanks viyh  my problem is definately the sl sl ch3 combination, I guess I have no idea where it goes. Ill try to post a picture later to show you what Ive done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sagestrick
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005 08:23:42 AM »

I started this pattern last week, and I think I understand it and I'd be happy to to try to help.

At the end of Round 2 you slip stitch in the the third chain of the beginning chain and then slip stitch again into the first double chain of the previous round.   Then chain 3, dc in nect dc, and shell into the corner ch2 space, and start the pattern around again.  I think the chain 3 is there because you need to have room to form the V of the angle of the star. 

I'll start a dishcloth in this pattern today and see if there is anything else I can add.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hiptobeme
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005 08:54:55 AM »

But see when I do the ss from round 2 in the 3rd ch in brings me to the top of the shell st then i ch 3 and now Im going ovber the shell to dc in the next dc which then brings me to shell in the sk dcs. So what Ive done is ss ch3 ss then dc, it "seems" to be working for now  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hiptobeme
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005 12:40:00 PM »

Aaahh but it doesnt Angry Doing it that way has craeted a widening gap. Howcome I feel like the only person who cant do this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dansk
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005 03:45:37 PM »

Here are step by step photos of Round 3 beginning with the last step of Round 2 which is to slip stitch in the 3rd ch of beginning chain to join.

Next is "Round 3:  Sl st in next st"

Then "ch 3"

Next, "1 dc in next dc, shell"

Now, "dc in next 2 dc, sk 2 dc, 2 dc, shell."

Does this help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005 04:04:38 PM »

dansk- that is so awesome! I am not really a "seasoned" crocheter & I kept wondering if I was unserstanding the pattern. I was! YAY!!!! It seems so complicated to start with but it really isn't that difficult! Thanks so much for the pics!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lisa Jones on Broken
P.J. Bracegirdle Talks About The Joy of Spooking Series
Peter Walsh Reveals His Favorite TV Show
Kieran Scott Reveals Her Favorite Movie
Ellen Crosby Talks About The Riesling Retribution
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...