A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Multi-colored Jockey Cap  (Read 766 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

allnaturalpam
« on: November 02, 2008 08:14:08 AM »

I bought the book 100 Hats to Knit & Crochet last weekend because I hadn't made a hat yet, and it's something that I was really interested in.  I'm disappointed with the book though, because it should be called Tons of Hats to Crochet, and a few you can Knit. I did find this crazy "Jockey Cap" that I thought would be interesting.  Even with needles a size higher than the pattern called for, it's a little too small.  I can put it on, but it gives me a headache if I wear it too long.  Maybe my cousin's kids would enjoy it.

The yarn is some that my Aunt sent me.  It's Red Heart, but surprisingly soft.  The hat makes me laugh, but I really like it. 
~pam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HandsyMalone

Also answers to Leroy...long story

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008 09:20:40 AM »

You know, I have that same problem when I knit hats, they always end up too small, even when I do a larger size.  From looking at your hat, I guess that we have the same issue, we knit CRAZY tight!  As yet, I've not found a remedy for this, even with the needles sizing, increasing according the stitch repetition....*sigh*
So, I suggest you do what I do with my too small hats:  give them to children!!   Grin  LOL!!  They are super appreciative, which gives you the confidence boost you need to dive in and see if you can figure out how to fix the issue!
The hat is crazy cute, excellent work by the way!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allnaturalpam
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008 01:39:08 PM »

You know, I have that same problem when I knit hats, they always end up too small, even when I do a larger size.  From looking at your hat, I guess that we have the same issue, we knit CRAZY tight!  As yet, I've not found a remedy for this, even with the needles sizing, increasing according the stitch repetition....*sigh*
So, I suggest you do what I do with my too small hats:  give them to children!!   Grin  LOL!!  They are super appreciative, which gives you the confidence boost you need to dive in and see if you can figure out how to fix the issue!
The hat is crazy cute, excellent work by the way!!

i do think that i knit too insanely tight sometimes, but i have read some reviews of the book saying that some of the patterns knit small anyway, so who knows? lol i'm trying a different hat with the same yarn (my aunt gave me 4+ skeins!), and you cast on more stitches to begin with, so i'll have to see how that one turns out.

~pam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose the Perfect Coat for Fall
How to Straighten Your Shirt Collar with a Flat Iron
Did Harry Styles Deserve His British Fashion Icon Award?
Erdem’s Floral-Printed Top and Trousers
The Best Red Carpet Dresses of 2013
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...