A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 303,159
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Princess Leia with a few pictures of her sister Rock Lobster!  (Read 2647 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_32_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Krystal Knight
« on: November 02, 2008 05:48:43 AM »

I decided to go as Princess Leia this year, and boy did I have fun!  My first craftser challenge

Myself and my R2 unit.  He was a very functional purse that night and held everything we needed and more.

Me with my DDC defender, hood up.

My costume was made by using an old bed sheet for the dress, I was afraid it would be too cold as were known for the freezing halloweens, but thankfully this halloween was just perfect.  My belt was made from a pair of old pleather pants (I knew I was holding onto them for a reason) painted white with foam board for the silver parts hot glued with glass counters in the middle painted silver.  Everything for my belt was hot glued.  My R2 was a $2.00 garbage can, I bondo'ed his head closed, but it was too sloppy for my liking so I paper machied it and then started from there.  Everything is spray paint and foam.  The blaster was made by taking my Dremmel to a dollar store cap gun and then caulking my PVC pipe and end cap onto it, as well as telephone cord to get the proper look.  A lot of fun and even met some other star wars folks at the pub, Obi-Wan was sitting at our table all night.

Here are a few pictures of my sisters costume, she wanted to be a rock lobster (B-52 song) so we had a lot of fun doing this one.

Her costume was made with fabric, stuffing, and old broken Venetian blinds to support her claws and give definition to her tail.  Her eyes and antenna were ping pong balls and pipecleaners.
Krystal Knight
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008 05:52:48 AM »

I forgot to mention, the picture of my sister with the blaring white of her blind was before we covered it.  Unfortunately it snapped during the night and kept stabbing her when she sat.

Also, my fiance didn't know I was dressing up this year and was very happy when I came downstairs in my costume! Grin

I'm waiting for a girl from the pub to e-mail me all the pictures she took, so when she does hopefully I'll have more to choose from.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008 07:12:52 AM »

Both of these costumes are awesome! Great work!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Designing the LED Space Helmet
Yves Behar on Product Design in the Future
Donna Karan: Fashion Designer & Philanthropist
Do You Recognize These Art Inspired Tattoos?
Art of VIBE: Do Lab Designer Josh Flemming Is Taking Art to New Heights
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...