A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,597
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: obese TUTORIAL. nonknitted (sewn) glittens, convertable mittens, fingerless  (Read 57174 times)
Tags for this thread: mittens , gloves , tutorial , convertable_mittens , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dragonflyinlove
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2008 01:38:45 PM »

I have been attempting to make these since last night and am having such issues with the thumbs, I cant seem to get them attached without the being puffy/bunched up. Anybody have any tips!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The worth of a rider is not measured by the times they fall but by the times they get back on.
TansysMaySigh
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2008 01:52:04 PM »

I have been attempting to make these since last night and am having such issues with the thumbs, I cant seem to get them attached without the being puffy/bunched up. Anybody have any tips!?
are you sewing the thumbs in the seam or no? the first pair i made, the thumbs were puffy. Ill look at them lto see if i can figure out why;)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glynislily
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008 05:07:51 PM »

I am adding these to my to-make list!  Great tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CaRipeOlives

Ummmm Can't Beat Black Olives!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2008 10:41:19 AM »

very cool i smell christmas gifts....or maybe just for me depending on how much time i have Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am therefore I craft!
zkatom
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2008 12:06:23 PM »

These are adorable!  I really want to try to make them sometime.  Thanks a bunch for the tutorial.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2008 12:08:16 PM »

those kick ass !! i need some bad !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lydia the Strange
Supreme Enabler

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2008 04:18:58 AM »

Just what I have been looking for! Thanks so much for taking the time to share a tutorial with us. It is very much appreciated. I absolutely love these! can't wait to make a pair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TansysMaySigh
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2008 01:11:13 PM »

aww I love you guys!

craftster has helped me soooo much with inspiration and crafting-im glad i can give a little back.

When i'm on here my little 5-yr old sis comes in and says "you're on that site again?!"
(she cant appreciate a website w/out games lol) Roll Eyes

also for the loop-string thing I suggest something stretchy and to sew them in well after all. Tying didnt work well for me after all. Maybe i should go in and change that  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gimmemoresalad
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2008 06:55:35 PM »

So I made a pair of these yesterday and kinda winged it... read the tutorial, but then put the itunes on and ignored the computer in favor of the sewing machine  Tongue  So I thought jamming that little thumb seam under the presser foot looked too hard, so I made it all one piece and built the thumb in.  Uhh... that's hard to explain.  I did the "sew it all in one long tube, put it on, and pin it to fit" part, but I only fitted it up to about where my thumb attaches to my hand, then angled back out to the existing seam.  Sewed that.  Then I trimmed off the excess and put it back on.  I spread my hand so my thumb was lined up with the "angled" part of the seam, and pinned on the other side of my thumb and around the top.  I sewed from the seam around the thumb-pins down into where my thumb-pit would be (gotta love the technical terminology), made a rounded curve, then stitched close to that seam on the finger-side back out... so I could cut the thumb free from the rest of the hand to test it out, but didn't have to commit to anything with the rest of the fingers yet.  The stitching after the thumb-pit was really just kind of placeholder-ish, I ended cutting that part of the fleece away because that's not where the final seam for the rest of the hand ended up.

Um... I'll see if I can clarify that with pictures here in a minute...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariethine
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2008 06:58:15 PM »

Those are SO cute!!!  Grin I really really want to make some of those now...   Roll Eyes but I doubt I will... I never do... promises promises... but those are definately AWESOME!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Vanilla Cream-Filled Doughnut Recipe
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
7 Tips to a Stunning Fruit Salad
Blueberry Layer Cake Recipe
Chewy Toffee Bars Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...