A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,117
Currently Running With Scissors:
525 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweeney Todd Group!!  (Read 2647 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_32_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

COSTUM1STA
« on: November 01, 2008 06:12:07 PM »

So every year my brother and sister and I have a theme, this year was Sweeney Todd! It was so much fun!

I was Mrs. Lovett, my sister was Johanna, and my brother was Sweeney Todd.

I'm sad because I can't post images yet. I apparently have to make 10 posts. So here are the links to the pictures.

Here's the three of us.

Here you can see the stockings and shoes:

The Sweeney Pose:

When will my Antony come rescue me?

Here you can sort of see the back

You can go here and see the whole album:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2041250&l=9114d&id=16202271
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2041259&l=778d0&id=16202271

INFONESS!!

Sweeney Todd:
  • The shirt - it was made from some white broadcloth I had in my stash and from a random pirate shirt pattern I had.
  • The vest - this was made from upholstery fabric from Fabrics Save-A-Thon. The buttons were borrowed from the school I attend. The lining I had. The pattern was a disaster. It was the only double breasted vest pattern in existence. I ordered it from a small company and the directions were terrible. They forgot to mark the pattern darts on the front of the vest pattern!!
  • The pants were purchased from Steve and Barry's.
  • The razor my brother ordered for himself.
  • My sister made the holster from some found brown vinyl.
  • The boots are from Payless.

Mrs Lovett:
  • I made the corset myself from some duck cloth from WalMart and other supplies from Farthingales. It was one of the nicest and easiest corsets I've ever made! The trim I randomly had in my basement stash.
  • The blouse I bought at Charlotte Russe but embellished with some lace from Save-A-Thon (the goldish lace was fabric that I cut up to make into lace). The red piece I found in a bin there and asked the people how much they wanted for it. I gave them fifty cents.
  • I made the skirt from dollar fabric at WalMart (my favorite stuff). It was actually not horrible to work with! I ordered the red lace online and used a vintage pattern, which I modified.
  • I knitted the stockings myself. It was the first time I made my own pattern and I think they came out quite well considering!
  • The shoes I bought at a thrift store upstate for $1. The same goes for my sister's boots. I just liked them and decided to use them for my costume. Bought the red laces at Target.
  • I made the gloves out of some fabric from Save-A-Thon. I made the pattern and they stitched up in 2 seconds! It was amazing actually!

Johanna:
  • I made the dress out of a Butterick pattern and just left off the sleeves. My sister made the drape herself.
  • The pearls are from Claire's.
  • The boots were $1 at a thrift store upstate. It's my favorite place to go!

And there yo have it! It really worked out well, and was a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy the images!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008 07:32:44 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Changed links to images for new member! :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008 06:23:34 PM »

They all look very nice!  I haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list of musicals to see. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
COSTUM1STA
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008 03:15:18 PM »

Thanks so much! You really should see it. It is very well executed, but of course seeing it live is SO much better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
California Sensibility: What Is California Literature?
Writer Alex Witchel On Loss In "All Gone"
Bangalore Literature Festival 2013 - Words from the Founders
Claire Legrand and The Year of Shadows
Keen On: Writing On The Wall
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...