A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,188
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Killer Japanese Schoolgirl Gogo Yubari  (Read 17012 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_32_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jennajenna2
« on: November 01, 2008 03:55:01 PM »

This costume is obviously a character from Kill Bill Volume One, and surprisingly, everyone knew who I was! I did get a couple of people mistake me for Hermione and one particularly drunk girl just kept yelling HARRY POTTER!!!

So there were basically seven pieces I put together:
The jacket was from a thrift store, and I ironed on a patch from Joann to make it look like Gogo's school emblem.

The shirt was an old boys' white oxford shirt I had to wear when I was a waitress.

The skirt was the biggest project. I'm not a seamstress, I've never sewn anything actually--but I could not find a blue plaid skirt that I liked that fit me, so I made this one with heat-n-bond. I don't have a sewing machine so I basically ironed and glued and velcro-ed it together.  I sewed the buttons on and just fit it to myself as I went. I thought it turned out nice in the end, but maybe a little short (I had to wear shorts underneath).

The knee-socks and shoes were Wal-Mart, $5 pieces, and the wig was a last minute find at a Halloween shop.

The bow was just red ribbon from Michael's.

The mace ball was a prisoner's ball and chain with two rubber-spiked bracelets (both from costume shops) glued and duct-taped around it, attached to a real chain (from a hardware store). I spray painted the whole thing and it turned out great!

The real Gogo:

http://linchira.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/GoGo.jpg

I hope you like it! I spent a lot of time on it and I had so much fun making it! I'm new to craftster and this is my first post (hence my inability to post pictures, only links allowed), but I hope to be making more things and posting a lot more in the future!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008 07:40:38 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Changed links to images for new member! :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008 07:23:29 PM »

That is fantastic!  You did a wonderful job.  Kill Bill was my college roommate's favorite movie, so I have good memories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
whatshername83
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008 09:41:27 AM »

You looked great  Smiley I love Kill Bill....my roommates and I even had a Kill Bill party where everyone dressed up as the characters (I was the Bride) and it was awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't own emotion, I rent!"
kryptos mom
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008 09:56:34 AM »

I Loved Kill Bill!  This is a great idea!!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick a Swimsuit for an Apple-Shaped Body
How to Pick a Swimsuit for an Athletic Body
How to Pick a Swimsuit for a Petite Body
Best Dressed Stars: Beyonce, Jessica Chastain and Ashley Tisdale
The Art of Making Shoes in New York City With Modern Vice
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...