A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,370
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 20 Discussion Thread!!  (Read 26193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

wandering...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #580 on: November 23, 2008 07:42:00 PM »

Hmmmm - this gives me an idea - I have several magnetic sheets with adhesive for making photo magnets and whatnot, but if I punch a hole in them they can be tree ornaments during the holidays and fridge magnets the rest of the year!

This has been the perfect autumn weekend for me! Yesterday I went to Farm Sanctuary's annual "Celebration For the Turkeys" as a volunteer and met great people and animals, and enjoyed an amazing vegan Thanksgiving feast, all under a blue sky in perfect weather. Then today my housemates dealt with the piles of pruned and fallen tree branches sitting in the yard by building a bonfire, around which we sat comfortably all day and long past dark. They drank beer and roasted weenies while I crafted.  Smiley Later on, if it isn't too cold, we're going back out to roast s'mores; the night sky is so amazing here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This crafter is out of service most of the rest of 2015 due to a wild schedule. Feel free to contact me re personal swaps or just checking in. I'll be popping in when I can.
calluna

wandering...

« Reply #581 on: November 23, 2008 09:52:59 PM »

Me again; I just started up this year's Secret Santa Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=279836.0
It would be wonderful to have any and all of you involved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This crafter is out of service most of the rest of 2015 due to a wild schedule. Feel free to contact me re personal swaps or just checking in. I'll be popping in when I can.
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: November 24, 2008 03:30:23 AM »

I have just finished a crafty ornament, how funny! She's a little thread spool angel with knitted hair and buttons and beads Cheesy I'll try and get a good photo to add to my shop.

Also, I'll be closing my shop on wednesday. My bloke's Grandad passed away last week and his funeral is on Thursday so we're flying back home for it. I should be back on Sunday, but I've not checked into flights yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #583 on: November 24, 2008 05:11:54 AM »

Phizzy - what an awful time of year to lose someone. You're in my thoughts...
Zelda - I'm making some handkerchief angels this year - would you like some of them? Off to find a link...
http://crafts.suite101.com/article.cfm/hanky_angels - I'll look around for some other ideas.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

« Reply #584 on: November 24, 2008 06:22:30 AM »

just popped in real quick to let y'all know I added some knitted mice (with home grown, organic catnip & raw sheep's wool) to my shop.

Still trying to shake this cold that I've had for over a week.  Helped friends move from Chicago to a small acreage in MO over the weekend and came home to a brand new baby Jersey heifer calf!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
LaughingLark
« Reply #585 on: November 24, 2008 06:34:57 AM »

Phizzy--sorry about your loss.  Sad

Calluna--that does sound like the perfect weekend. Our weather is improving here, and I'll be out with Ian a lot today.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to make a scissors-shaped ornament or charm out of beads and wire...

On the same note: sometimes you can find little kids craft scissors at the dollar store two in a package for a buck. They are really dull and don't cut worth a crap. What might be fun is to take those cheapo scissors and have them laid out in an opened position, and glue-gun some crafty kitschy random stuff to them. Then make a loop for hanging the scissors up as an ornament.

This is one of the fleeting craft ideas that runs though my ADHD head and normally dies a-borning before I have a chance to try it. I likely won't have time to try it, so if any of you like this project, run with it. With scissors... Cheesy

Mullerslanefarm--congrats on the new calf. Hope you feel better soon. I'll have to go look at those mice.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #586 on: November 24, 2008 07:02:15 AM »

Oh!  I'm jealous, calluna, your weekend sounds wonderful.  We just hid inside, curled up on the couch because it's so cold.  I did get lots of crafting done, so that was good.

She sounds adorable Phizzy, I can't wait to see her, she would even be good to leave up in my craft room year round too...
Sorry about your loss.  *hugs*

Congrats on your new calf mullerslanefarm!  picture?   Cheesy  (We used to have horses and my dad used to breed them all the time, he was obsessed with babies, he's a retired OBGYN, haha, but they were just the cutest things ever)
Those mice are darling, I may have to claim one (or two) for our kitties.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #587 on: November 24, 2008 07:53:11 AM »

I've updated my shop again.
Added the rest of the items from my etsy shop that weren't already in my shop. 
This includes a few stenciled onesies and 2 really adorable onesie/burp cloth sets...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

« Reply #588 on: November 24, 2008 08:01:12 AM »

So - I just got back from the chiropractor - he says I have early stage arthritis - I'm not even 37 - I'm not old enough for that crap...

Tomorrow at 9am we have our meeting  with the school district & attornies for a classroom placement for DS#2 - any prayers, thoughts, incense or energy would be greatly appreciated. This is the most important meeting of our 5 year battle with the school district to get "free & appropriate education" for him. This will basically set the precedent for his next 8 years of primary & secondary education.

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
selkie

« Reply #589 on: November 24, 2008 10:31:36 AM »

I just got the books Calluna made for my niece and nephew - words cannot begin to describe how amazing they are! She even wrote the 2009 season schedule on 2 of the pages!!!
The girly girl one is... I don't have words!

Calluna - you are truly an amazingly gifted artist! I am completely humbled...

Selkie - who has no words
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Agnes Whistling Elk
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How-to Decorate Brown-Sugar Cookies
How to Make Homemade Caramel Sauce
How to Make the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
How to Make Microwave Cupcakes
How to Make Boozy Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...