A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Vampiress  (Read 2737 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_32_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sorcivamp
My Crap

A Crafty Vamp

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2008 01:39:32 PM »

For the costume I made the skirt and the bodice as well as my fangs.  The Skirt is just alot of fabrics layered together for the nice vampy gothy look.  The bodice is quilted and I used stiff interfacing to make it stand up.  For the fangs I used fingernail acrylic, It tastes gross while it's drying but it works.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2008 01:54:22 PM by sorcivamp » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tavernkitty
Amigo of the Catigos

Woot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008 07:22:52 PM »

ANGEL?!!!! haha, its Tina. Anyways, awesome job. I'd love to have a picture by picture on how to do those fangs because those are definitely ftw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my Wist
sorcivamp
My Crap

A Crafty Vamp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008 02:26:01 AM »

I,ll try for a picture by picture but it might take me a while!! Cause I would have to make another!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
punka
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008 06:16:51 AM »

Wow on the fangs, would never have guessed that was a diy effort - look really professional, great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
saucychicken
Rogue Adventurer

Cindy Bear!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008 09:25:45 PM »

The costume looks great, I love the detailing.  But really, the world needs to know how to do those fangs.  You did an amazing job.  They look creepy real.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My toes are cold.
Dreamy_Cat
Follower of Dreams

Please don't wake me past noon.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008 07:53:59 AM »

i agree, i would love to know how you did those fangs, they look like the real deal...do they come off easy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
-Edgar Allen Poe
sorcivamp
My Crap

A Crafty Vamp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008 01:04:15 AM »

Ok, I will attempt to explain how I made my teeth.

Step 1:  Purchase an acrylic nail kit or get a bottle of acrylic liquid white and peach colored acrylic powder (you can purchase these at Wal-mark or at a beauty supply store.  The proper way to do this step is to purchase dental acrylic and liquid but it's easier to get nail stuff.  Either way this stuff is stinky so make the area is well ventilated.

Step 2:  WARNING: It's probably not a good idea to do it this way... but I did it and as long as you don't swallow the acrylic or the acetate you should be fine.   Make sure your teeth are clean,  mix enough powder and liquid to make a tooth sized ball.  Let it sit until it's not sticky but still squishy.  Mold it into a cone shape or kinda a fang shape and press it to your chosen tooth.  Keep your mouth open and your lip up for around a minute.  When it has sat against your tooth it will have begun the harden and should be carefully removed. It should have to be popped off, that means a good fill. BE SURE NOT TO LET IT HARDEN ON YOUR TOOTH!! BAD NEWS!! no I've never done it but it's bad.  This isn't pleasant but it works.  If you want more than singles just repeat on the corresponding teeth separately. Let them set to dry and harden.  Once you have removed them you might want to mouth wash to get the taste out.

Step 3:  This is the most important part I think.  Once hard you can sand them and shape them with you favorite tools.  I used a dremel which definately cuts down the time.  Basically you want to sand and smooth them until they look the way you want.  They are kinda hard to hold on to while sanding but a good pair of tweezers help. Make sure to keep fitting them on your teeth to see if they stay and fit as well as look good.  They can be as dull or as sharp as you like but be carefull you could draw blood.  The good thing is that you can speak clearly and they stay in without goo or glue.

Hopefully this helps If you have any more questions feel free to ask!!

Here are a couple of references if you don't want to put acrylic directly in your mouth.
http://www.fxwarehouse.info/fangs.shtml
http://www.tricklife.com/view.php?id=2352

Let me know how it goes!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008 01:24:43 AM by sorcivamp » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshop Batch Processing
Getting a Straight Horizon in Photoshop
Product Shot Tutorial
Adding a Watermark in Photoshop
Non Destructive Dodging and Burning in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...