A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: November 2008 Birthday Swap Closed  (Read 11200 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2008 11:38:46 AM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. SOME RULES HAVE BEEN CHANGED.

ALSO REMEMBER THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR APPROVED BIRTHDAY LISTS, DO NOT POST DISCUSSION HERE, THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR THAT.

ALL BIRTHDAY BABES WHO POST A BIRTHDAY WISH LIST MUST FULFILL A BIRTHDAY WISH OF AT LEAST ONE FELLOW BIRTHDAY BABE. In other words, if you post a list and receive a gift, you must send at least one gift. Non-birthday craftsters may still send "unconditionally." Unconditionally in this swap means if someone fulfills one of your birthday wishes, you will send them a thank you note via snail mail. PM's or thank you posts do not count as thank you notes. Negative feedback will be given for those who post lists and receive, but never send. Please read below for the exact details.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO.

Swap name: November 2008 Ongoing Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: MareMare

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range:  November 1-November 30
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range:  November 1- November 30
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 13 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

*This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

* If your birthday is in November, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval.

* Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. You can have as many items on your list as you want to, but the minimum is 5. The more you have, the better are the chances to get claimed. Please try to have a good mix of items on your list. The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  You also need to post a bio about yourself. Please state at the beginning of your list where you are located.  Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons. We need to respect this valid concern. Also, please list any allergies or dislikes at the beginning of your post. Type allergies in red if they are severe.

* Please post lists only. No discussion on this thread please. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:

* Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a Craftster they want to send a birthday gift to. Your birthday does not have to be in November for you to craft for someone! If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, and what item. Also send a pm to the person you are choosing to let them know and to ask them for their address

*Every birthday swapper must make at least one claim. You may do more (two at a time, and you may claim again after your claim has been received) if you want., but once is the minimum. You may get claimed several times, but you are only required to claim once. If a non-birthday swapper claims you, you are required to send a snail mail thank you card.

* You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 2 things at a time. If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once and the package must be received before choosing again.

* When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both me (MareMare) AND the chosen Craftster. After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

* It is super important for everyone to keep good communication. It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#. It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures). If I do not receive PMs from you when you send and receive, you will be left Poor Communication in your feedback.

* REMEMBER THAT YOU WON'T NECESSARILY GET AS MANY PRESENTS AS YOU SEND. IT'S ALSO POSSIBLE THAT NOBODY CLAIMS YOU. In that case, you WON'T get an angel. The angels replace only flakers and lost packages. However I will keep a running list of how many times someone has been claimed, and I strongly encourage you to try to pick somebody who hasnt been claimed yet over someone who has been claimed several times already, if at all possible.

*When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can send me a PM with "November Birthday Swap" in the subject line.

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap-  November 2008 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Who and what do you want to send to? (if you know already)
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No

If it is not your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- November 2008 Ongoing Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Chosen craftster and item:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No

If you are already a November birthday babe, you do not need to send me this info again. Just send me who you want to craft for and what you will be crafting.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Aug 2008 Swap
Aug 2008 Swap Gallery
September 2008 Thread
September 2008 Gallery

November Discussion and Gallery Thread    
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008 11:40:05 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008 11:39:20 AM »

Birthday Swappers

* Welcome First Time Swapper

Feedback Left

1. NiinaMaria (Nov. 7) (has been claimed 2 times)
2. Riechan (Nov 9) (has been claimed 2 times)
3. missmelissa (Nov 18) (has been claimed 1 times)
4. guineverefree (Nov 13) (has been claimed 3 times)
5. battina (Nov 4) (has been claimed 1 times)
6. zatanna (Nov 16) (has been claimed 1 times)
7. tigarlilly (Nov 27) (has been claimed 1 times)

8. Faren (Nov 28) (has been claimed 2 times)
9. Sinjah (Nov 14) (has been claimed 1 times)
10. jvp2790 * (Nov 25) (has been claimed 2 times)
11. edenkitty (Nov 25) (has been claimed 1 times)

12. snapsanddrangons (Nov 5) (has been claimed 2 times)
13. kyness * (Nov 13) (has been claimed 1 times)

Non-Birthday Swappers

1. MareMare
2. rowenlynn

FYI: Your lists need to be made up of crafted items and craft supplies to comply with Craftster rules. Next month I will make sure to change the rules and I'll end up following the Ongoing Wishlist format for lists, where you list first crafted items, secondly craft supplies, and then if you want some "extras" that are not crafted, ie store bought items, foods, etc. But for this month just make sure if you are sending something that would be considered extras, that you at least include one crafted item in the package.

SENT
RECEIVED
Sending late with communication
Please PM Organizer

Claims

Send by November 16
NiinaMaria to Riechan--cute apron
Riechan to NiinaMaria--pouch for tampons, etc

Send by November 17
missmelissa to NiinaMaria--wall art
missmelissa to Riechan--surprise

Send By November 20
battina to missmelissa--marble magnets
battina to guineverefree--beads

Send by November 21
guineverefree to battina--fingerless gloves and granny squares
battina to guineverefree--portable placemat

Send by November 22
tigarlilly to zatanna--coffee/tea items

Send by November 24
Zatanna to tigarlilly--something with turtles

Send by November 25
Faren to guineverefree--handspun yarn and yarn scraps

Send by November 27
rowanlynn to Faren--resuable grocery tote and dark chocolate

Send by December 1
edenkitty to jvp2790--scarf
snapsanddrangons to jvp2790--scarf/legwarmers 
snapsand drangons to sinjah--stationary, tea/chocolate

Send by December 2
edenkitty to Faren--glass anything

Send by December 4
Sinjah to edenkitty--super cutesy anything

Send by Dec 11
edenkitty to snapsanddrangons--surprise

Send by Dec 12
jvp2790 to edenkitty--scarf

Send by Dec 14
kyness to tigarlilly--hair curlers

Send by Dec 15
Faren to kyness--ferret hammocks and plushie
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009 08:57:18 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008 02:38:40 PM »

hm So I am the first one ^^

First and for all: HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE !!!!!

Hello, I am Valerie and I am an (soon enough) 19 years old girl that lives in Belgium, Europe.
I am in my 2nd year of studying Architecture (2Ba-Ar).
Some of my hobbies are crafting (no really?!), singing, drawing, painting, being creative, Anime and Manga, listening to music; I can listen to everything but I really like Jpop + the cute Japanese music and X Japan), and anything related to Japan.
Some of my favorite anime(charachters) are:
Fruits Basket (Tohru, yuki, kyou, shigure, ayame, ...), Full metal alchemist (Ed, Alphonse and Roy Mustang), Mr (Snow and Ginta), Death note (I LOVE Light),Bottle Fairy,
many more: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Riechan

When I craft, I love to paint, draw, make beaded rings (would love to make bigger things Cheesy), shrinky dinks, I am a starter on polymer clay (got some in a swap! Thankyou crazy4bags !!), I am learning bookbinding, sewing, a little crochet and knit (I am in a learning fase), work with felt (not needlefelting),

My favorite colours are bright pink, red, black, bright blue, bright green, bluegreen, almost any colour if its bright and cheerful Wink, some colourcombanations I like are greenblue or bright blue / brown and red/black

Oh and I am a lefty and I am PROUD of it ^^ !! *left-handed*

I am allergic to smoke and dust (no nothing dusty for me please Cheesy )

Tadaaa::

Crafted things:

- Armwarmers / fingerless gloves in brown or blue combined with brown or black or ...(I mean the ones that reach up almost until your elbow)
-  homemade soaps: Peaches, Chocolate, Roses, green apple, framboos,
- A rapunzel scarf in Blue-Brown
- a cute apron thanks NiinaMaria !!!!
- I love Japan so everything in that area would be wonderfull
- a stenciled Tshirt/totebag with one of my fav anime character
- Lolita style clothing
-  a corset !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- A purse made from manga papers.
- a chunky bracelet in purple-black-red  or blue-brown
- A skirt in cute fabric (A-line or something)
- A pencil role
- Earrings for someone who hasnt got pierced ears!!!! I would love a lot of these!!!!
- Cloth pads for the lighter and heavier days
- A zippered pencil bag
- Victorian stuff
- Wist inspired Jewelry
- A birthday calendar
- Homemade lip gloss
- Pens covered in polymer clay
- Anything to brighten up my dorm
- A book purse
- Bloomers
- Threadcatcher, my brother will be very grateful!!
- A petticoat (not the linedancing ones, but the less fluffier, more Lolita ones.)
- Harry potter spell magnets (as seen on my wist) or other magnets
- Cupcake bathbombs
- a tea towel with an embroidery like a fairy, elf, geisha, something cute, architecture,
- a birthday card !!
- easy recipes which I can make on my dorm, and wherefore I dont need fancy ingredients or an oven. (I only have a microwave)
- a removable A4 book cover (for my sketchbook with a boring black cover)
- a swapjournal to keep in track: like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77501.0
- a quilt
- hairbands, hairaccesoires (I have curly hair, so it's thick, so keep that in mind)
- Anything related to:
   - architecture!!   
             - Anime/Manga
   - Lolita
   - Wicked (Id love to see that musical, but it doesnt play in Belgium)
   - Japan
   - Harry Potter (I am a Snape and Harry fan)
- anything wist inspired!!

Craft Supplies

- beads/ jewelry material
- polymer clay
- cute buttons
- red or black lace
- cute ribbons or trims
- FABRIC !!!!!! I dont have much fabric, So Japanese/nice prints/cute is good for me ^^
- jewelry making stuff, I don't have any pliers (do you call them that way?) I use my fingers ...
-  Patterns skirts or dresses
-  Drawing supplies: Thanks missmelissa
          - charchoal
          - paint
          - pastel
          - coloured pencils
- 99 ways to cut, trim and wear your Tshirt !!! or other craft books
- modge podge
- YARN!!
- crochet hooks (I would like bigger ones cause I am learning to crochet)
- a stencil kit
- I am a beginner at book making so things to help me with this would be awesome
- an embroidery kit for a real beginner
- liquid clay
- squares of fabric to make myself a quilt or a curtain (my dorm has the most aweful curtain ever, and I don't find a nice curtain fabric which I dark enough so I am thinking about making a quilt and pin it onto the curtain Wink )

Extras

- sharpies, I cant find them here Thanks missmelissa for red and purple
- candy from your country !!
- manga (used is fine by me, number 1s most loved)
- Gothic Lolita bible (used is fine! But please leave the pattern in there)
- Sewing Magazines
- Beading Magazines
- a bentobox with related materials!!!!
- a cookie container

-A surprise!! Id love anything youll make ^^ Thanks missmelissa

Thanks for claiming on me

(see my signature for my wist)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008 08:40:54 AM by Riechan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NiinaMaria

Crafter by accident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008 02:51:57 PM »

First of all I am going to say a pre- thank you for reading my wishlist and even considering delighting me with a birthday present. For my fellow Scorpios: Happy Birthday!

I am located in Finland, Europe. My current job is translating manga comics, which is quite fun and has kickstarted a new obsession...Japanes e animation!
Like being obsessed about crafting, craft blogs, Madonna, clothes, having a boyfriend, a career etc.etc wasn't enough. Okay, that's me in short. And here are my Birthday Wishes (in no particular order)!

1. Cute pouch to hold tampons and other such ladylike products 
Thanks Riechan!
2. Wall Art. It's much more inspiring to look at other peoples work than ones own. Thanks missmelissa!
3. Fat Quarter(s) of teal/purple/silver/turquoise/grey- patterned/textured fabric. Few months ago I found a vintage curtain which is teal with silver pinstripes, which I want to use to make a quilt for my bed.
4. Small bathroom mat. About size of a fat quarter, maybe slightly bigger by 2-3 inches. That's the  maximum area that doesn't get wet in my bathroom when I take a shower  Smiley
5. A Birthday Card celebrating the 1st Anniversary of my 29th Birthday. With encouraging words about following subjects: how I'm not going to die alone, how I will have a boyfriend again someday, how I will have a steady income and how I will get to live abroad again. Anything else is considered a plus.  Grin
6. Anything in the style of my Wists. I don't want to hold down anyone's creative juices  Smiley
7. An amigurumi- kit, so I could learn how to make one! Sometimes I get overly jealous of the things people with hooks can do...  Grin
8. A surprise!  Shocked

Anyone considering sending me a present, you can always take a look at my Wists and maybe find some inspiration in there. Most of the stuff in there is just to describe the style I like and I would be pleased to receive anything you may craft and/or buy for me.

Thank you! Grazias! Tack! Bedankt! Merci! Kiitos! Arigato!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2008 06:55:42 AM by NiinaMaria - Reason: Update! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmelissa
Design or Die

design or die

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008 06:00:03 AM »

YAY!! so excited for this swap! i have been collecting ideas for what i might like! its become quite a long list! so bare with me! i am going to add pretty pics to help you visualise as i;m a visual person!  Wink

A little about me:
I am turning 24 in a week or so, or is it 2?, i live with my boyfriend in Melbourne, Australia and we brought our first house last year. I finished design school and then decided i wanted to be a teacher, i currently teach senior art and design to year 11 and 12's (17-18yr olds) at the local highschool. I just started a blog which i am very excited about (you should check it out and be likewise excited) www.secrettraces.bl ogspot.com
and i made my first 2 sales on etsy this week, so things are looking good. I like to achieve high results in everything i set my mind to, there isnt a craft i have tried that i havent mastered. I am self taught in most of the things i do, but have been crafting since before i can remember.

my main thought in participating in this craft is to help me decorate my house with meaningful objects that have a story behind them (like coming from overseas etc...) I have just purchased 3 big shelves and they are very empty and need some love.....

these are listed in no particular order ....
here is a link to a set of photos i created in my flikr account:

http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/sets/72157608615151022/

1. Handbound cookbook to write recipies into

2. felt food (mostly cupcakes, doughnuts and SUSHI!) http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2998600277/in/set-72157608615151022/

3. Handcarved stamps - any theme, i love birds though...http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2998602129/in/set-72157608615151022/

4. Any kind of 3D wooden or metal letters (found and recycled) the kind from old signs...see photo http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2999439802/in/set-72157608615151022/

5. A ring bearer bowl (i hope to get married one day! hehehe live in hope...) (preferably white with words) http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2998601251/in/set-72157608615151022/

6. New cushion covers - with bold letters printed on them - http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2998601499/in/set-72157608615151022/

7. Steam punk brooch - http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2999440666/in/set-72157608615151022/

8. Small sculptures or nick nac type objects to put on my new shelves - http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2998601397/in/set-72157608615151022/

9. cute wooden counters for keeping score in games or using as counters - http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2998600359/in/set-72157608615151022/

10. Set of hand painted nested dolls with little critters - http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2998599959/in/set-72157608615151022/

11. Marble magnets with vintage bird images (or cute deer and other horned animals) - http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2998599323/in/set-72157608615151022/ - thanks battina!!!

12. Heirloom style sewn memory game with animals as the images - http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2999438688/in/set-72157608615151022/

13. calamity pack - http://flickr.com/photos/mini_moose/2998599133/in/set-72157608615151022/

14. Games (board games or games for 2 people to play on a rainy day)

15. A smallish pencil case in a stylish fabric to put a couple of pencils in for drawing.

16. Surprise me

thats all for now! i hope that it isnt too much!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008 03:31:24 PM by missmelissa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

battina
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008 08:07:18 AM »

Hello! Happy birthday to all!

So yesterday was my actual birthday, I turned a whopping 27 years old!

My name is Tina, and I live in Holyoke, MA. Well to be technical, I live in Springfield, MA until halfway through this month when we will be moving to our new and freshly renovated apartment in Holyoke (hooray!)

About me, I am married to a most wonderful man, and we have a 16 month old son named Eben and have a daughter named Zia due to be born in February. I'm going to school to be an RN, and have degrees in both Visual Art & Massage Therapy.

I am not allergic to anything except for Irish Spring soap...!

My favourite colours are green, brown, blue, red, & black.
I like to: sew, knit, embroider, quilt, make jewelry, make cards & paper, play with my son, go in the woods, go for walks, travel, etc.

So my wish list! Thank you to anyone who happens to pick anything from my list Smiley

1) a blank home made recipe book
2) cute onsies for my expected daughter
3) Rapunzel scarf
4) handmade earrings with cute charms like little records, skulls, etc.
5) sewn pillows with applique of elephants, rhinos, or hippos!
6) a dark red bathroom rug
7) picture frames
8 ) knitted mittens
9) granny squares Thankyou guineverefree!! [/color][/s]
10) anything that will help teach me to crochet!
11) old vintage craft magazines or kids craft books
12) seeds to plant for a windowsill garden in the spring
13) embroidered wall art for the bathroom (sayings or silly/obscene pictures!)
14) patterns for little girl dresses
15) a new hat!
16) tote bag big enough to carry diapers and stuff in
17) old buttons
18) homemade cuffs, made out of interesting material
19) a fork bracelet!
20) fingerless gloves Thankyou guineverefree!!
21) a completed square for a baby quilt, dinosaur themed
22) different coloured threads
23) an ipod holder/cozy
24) sewing machine cozy
25) tea pot cozy
26) baby slippers
27) stitch markers for knitting
28) old childrens books & board games
29) hot cocoa! i'm a hot cocoa addict.
30) surprise me!

woo i got on a roll...! 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008 05:26:43 AM by battina » THIS ROCKS   Logged
guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008 12:59:02 PM »

HI! and Happy birthday to everyone!

My name is Jenn and I live in Tennessee. I'm actually Canadian though so don't let the location fool you....sorry, horribly homesick right now. I will be 27 on the 13th. I'm married but no kids yet. I work in the non-profit sector and spend my days listening to why people can't pay their bills Cheesy.

I love colour. I've slowly discovered that my wardrobe is turning all neutrals and my accessories are getting consistently brighter! I love Reds, pinks, light greens, and almost anything combined with black. I love loud prints (except florals) and lately have been wanting everything I see that is houndstooth. I don't really do cutsey but I love retro video game inspired stuff and vintage looking clothing. I mostly crochet, knit and I sew a little bit. I'm trying to branch out into beading and I've recently inherited a quilt to finish.

Forgot to add - My husband is pretty allergic to smoke but so long as it can be washed it should be ok.

Okay,...List

1. A purse. Possibly like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=275218.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178244.0 or knit or over  the shoulder or whatever so long as it's fun but not too cutsey or childish. I just really like purses!

2. A pincushion. I need a second one. It can look like food or flowers or fit around my wrist. Can you tell I"m not overly picky?

3. This T-shirt in women's medium - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=275068.0

4. Handspun yarn or a kit to teach me to do it myself! Thank you Faren!!
5. Needlefelting supplies. I'm wanting to try this one!

6. Knitting needles. I just started knitting and really don't have any. Used it totally fine!

7. A woven duct tape wallet or purse. In colour please! No grey.

8. Beads of just about any type. Thank you Battina!!

9. Yarn. Any yarn except fun fur. I'm making a scrap blanket so even little pieces will find a happy home with me! - Thank you Faren!!!!

10. A thread catcher - It would be great if it could hange like this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=275650.0. It doesn't have to have a pincushion on it but that would be great too!

11. Advice on how to do well on the GRE  Huh Roll Eyes

12. Button up leg warmers! In a neutral colour probably black or grey would be best. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=230540.0

13. Cloth menstral pads. I want to try them but don't know if I trust my sewing skills enough yet to make them myself.

14. A portable placemat that I can take to work. Thanks again, Battina!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=249279.0

15. Something with the phrase "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted" on it. Suitable for framing. I'm looking for something to hang in my office so it can be cross-stitched, embroidered, painted, papercrafted, etc. whatever so long as I can frame it and hang it in my extremely beige office. Some days I need that reminder....sigh.

16. Anything off of or inspired by my wist http://www.wists.com/guineverefree

17. A surprise. Seriously, I love to be surprised!!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!

Edited because I needed to fix images and sentance structure!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008 11:29:32 AM by guineverefree » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008 12:35:35 PM »

Happy birthday, all! I am based in Texas, USA. On 11-16 I will turn uh22, yeah, thats it! Wink Ok, add 10 to that and we are about close. I live with my boyfriend and our 5 cats, who are my babies. I am kind of a geek and do lots of gaming and read lots of comics, plus I am a bit of a tv addict. I am pretty easy going when it comes to the craftingsI like to try new things and being inspired by all of you guys!

Stylistically, I wear a lot of black.  I am still working on fixing up the condo we bought this year, so things that help with that are always welcome. I have a wists which has a taste of the kind of things I like, but really, I am pretty darn flexible!

1)  Cat toys/care items.

2)  Jewelry items (I tend to wear more wild and/or big stuff). A big black flower hair clip would be neat, but anything unique and interesting is more than welcome.

3)  Decorative hand made pot holders (kitchen is super bright-almost-neon green/pink/yellow/blue)

4)  Home made lip balms

5)  Throw pillows ( print the living room is being based on colorwise).

6)  Something to stick up on the wall that go kinda with the above colors

7)  Anything fun based around female comic characters

8 )  Bags, pouches, or purses of any size or shape!

9)  Fun hats/scarves for gross hair days.

10) Magical fairy to teach me how to use a sewing machine

11) Coffee/teas and things related to them Thanks, Tigarlilly, you rule the school!

12) Scraps, bits and bobs (I am the Dr. Frankenstein of crafts, I like to glue random things to other random things).

13) Something to put in our  fireplace, as we are not using it for burning wood and it is empty and ugly!

14) A kit/instructions for a new craft to try

15) Something inspired by YOU that is a surprise!  Cheesy

Hope everyone has a great birthday and has fun crafting, and extra thanks to the generous non-birthday folks that are crafting, too!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008 08:33:05 AM by zatanna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigarlilly

Animal Crossing = <3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008 01:10:59 PM »

Happy Birthday everyone!! Cheesy

My name is Brandi. My birthday is November 27th. (My birthdays on turkey day this year! ) I'll be 24!  I live in St. Louis, MO. I'm originally from a small town in Arkansas. I've lived here for about 2 and a half years and I love it!
I'm a huge animal lover. I love any and all animals. I love colors. My favorites are green, orange, yellow and brown. I'm not so fond of pink but I don't hate it either. I've started to enjoy coffee a lot. I loove vanilla cappuccinos and lattes and any coffee so long as it has a nice taste to it. So yummy. Cheesy I like to sew. That's my main craft that I do. I usually only make bags and stuffies but I've been experimenting with other crafts lately too. I'm still pretty new at everything but it's lots of fun.

I'm not allergic to anything at all and I'm not a picky person. I like everything really. Cheesy  So here's my list:

1. Homemade hair curlers like these: http://lifewithmonkey.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/hair-curler-sewing-tutorial/

2. Nintendo DS Lite case. I like this one:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=227105.0
But anything would be great!

3. Fabric Grocery bags

4. A scarf. Doesn't matter how its made or anything, just something that will keep me warm.  My favorite colors are orange, green and browns. (clothing wise)

5. Fabric Scraps of any type and color.

6. Craft magazines or How-to Books.

7. Patterns. I would really like some for making stuffed animals.

8. Random Craft odds and Ends.

9. Anything to do with turtles! I like all turtles but my favorite is the sea turtle. Thank you zatanna!! Cheesy

10. Art for my walls. I would really like something with a lot of red for my living room. (the walls are a light yellow and I think red looks good with it) My bathroom is a lavender and bedroom is a kind of light blue color.

11. Shower curtain. I would love something like this with a tree on it. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51sZ67yqJnL._AA400_.jpg

12. Cat toys for my 2 cats.

13. Apron! Would love a full one that goes over my chest too. I'm a very messy cook.

14. Buttons. I collect them.

15. Headbands or any hair accessory.

16. Scented candles

17. Pot Holders

18. And a surprise! Cheesy

Thanks in advance and Happy Birthday everyone!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008 04:31:27 PM by tigarlilly » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008 03:04:44 PM »

Hello and Happy Birthday!
I will be turning 34 on the 28th, I was born on Thanksgiving, but a day late this year!  I live in McPherson, KS with my hubby and 2 black cats(yes, I am a glutton for punishment!)

I love either bright or jewel colors, purple,green, blue.  Do not like neons and pastels aren't my favorites either. My main craft is knitting, but also crochet, polymer clay, sewing stuffed animals,bags, freezer paper stenciling, and my new favorite, spinning yarn. 

Interests are scifi and fantasy and folklore.  Firefly, Lord of the Rings, Dr. Who, Twilight, Pern.  Western style dragons, fairies, elves, the fae. 

Crafts

1. any type of reusable grocery tote. and or produce bags!Thanks rowenlynn
2. scented candles/incense sticks
3. bath and body stuff: lye soap, lip balm, lotion, body sugars, bath bombs, shampoo, conditioner...
4. Some kind of thread catcher for my sewing machine, either hanging or maybe part of a pincushion?
5.  A ren style corset would be beyond awesome! Or any ren clothes, actually.
6.  A small bag to hold my spinning supplies.  With a loop to hang from my wheel, and  big enough for my oil bottle.
7. A book safe(hollowed out book), bonus points if it is Scifi or fantasy!
8. You can never have enough cute stitch markers! Based on likes would be great.
9. Any fiber for spinning, roving, batts, anything and everything, I've only spin wool so far, so anything else would be extra fun!
10. Slippers, nice and warm, can be made of anything, but want a heel on them, warm is the word to go by! I keep thinking I'll knit and felt a pair, but it hasn't happened yet!
11. Embroidered tea towels based on my likes..
12.  Altered t shirts(embroidered or stenciled) based on my likes, I have plenty of ideas!
13.  Some kind of needle felted critter like  a dragon, unicorn, fairy, etc, based on my interests
14. Any kind of  glasswork. Really, stained, fused, blown, etched, whatever, I love them all.  I don't really have an idea on what kind of object I want either, share your ideas!Thanks Edenkitty!!
15. A coffee cup cozie
 And a SURPRISE!!!!

Supplies
Cotton fabric that is knitting, crafting, book, fantasy  themed
Wool Wash like Soak or Euclan
little embroidery scissors

Extras
I am allergic to corn, corn syrup, etc, though it won't kill, just give me a killer of a headache.
Dark chocolate is always good!
Hot chocolate
Postcard from your area of the world

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008 09:04:28 PM by Faren » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Craft Hot Air Balloon
How to Make Scented Play Dough
How to Make Bubble Art
How to Make Sidewalk Chalk
How to Make a Pop Up Card for Children
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...