A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,777
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: November 2008 Birthday Swap Closed  (Read 12616 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008 12:59:14 PM »

Happy birthday, everyone!!

My name's Daphne, and I'm 18 years and one whole day old Grin I'm from Greece, and I'm currently studying like mad to get into university (I'm going to study computer programming, though originally it was going to be architecture). I'm a huge geek, a sucker for all things fantasy and sci-fi, a science freak, and an aspiring writer - don't ask how these go together. I also love cooking and, of course, crafting - I mostly do paper crafts, I make jewelery, and I do some sewing, but I'm always experimenting with new crafts - and I have an unhealthy addiction to tea, music (pretty much all kinds), fanfiction, and cool TV shows. My favorite colors are purple, green, turquoise, dark red, and you can pretty much get an idea of what sort of things I like from my Wists. Finally, I'm not allergic to anything, thankfully Wink

1.   A knitted/crocheted scarf

2.   A crocheted hat

3.   A neckwarmer (either knitted, crocheted or sewn)

4.   Half gloves

5.   Handmade stationary (printed, stamped, punched, decorated, anything, as long as it has a personal touch) Thanks snapsanddragons!!

6.   Buttons/pins (Ive always wanted a button/pin machine, but theyre so expensive, so if anyone has one, Id love to exploit it XD)

7.   Handmade stuffed animals

8.   A hot/cold pad

9.   Fabric necklaces (like these here)

10.   An owl/bird brooch (preferably made with felt or fabric)

11.   This is rather unlikely, but, a rather simple quilt for my bedroom (I have a sketch of how I want it and everything XD)

12.   This is rather unlikely too, a learn-how-to-crochet kit

13.   Cool stamps (new or used, rubber or acrylic, I dont mind, and handmade is always awesome)

14.   Scrapbooking supplies (especially embellishments) (You can't believe how hard it is to find supplies here in Greece, there are zero stores that sell these kinds of things)

15.   Beads & findings

16.   A rotary cutter

17.   All kinds of scraps you want to get rid of

18.   Shrink plastic & sharpies

19.   Freezer paper

20.   A surprise!!!

Extras: Tea and chocolate are always greatly, greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, and a happy birthday to all of you again! Happy crafting!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008 05:08:18 AM by Sinjah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap? Yes please! Looking for jersey scraps.
Will craft for yarn.

The crafting blog
The pinterest
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008 08:18:37 PM »

Hi everyone!
My name is Jelinda, and I live with my family in Indiana.
My birthday is on November 25, and I will be turning 18!!!!!!!!!
So about me.........
Well, I am the oldest of nine, and I am getting a new baby foster brother soon.
My favorite colors are colors in general!!
I love animals, and am very woodsy. I love things from nature.
I like to sing, dance, and create, and cook!! Cooking new things is one of my favorite things to do!
I just enlisted in the military, and want to shoot for a Bachelors Degree in Nursing, and also to become a pilot for the military.

well that is me in a very, very SMALL nutshell...

Heres my wishlist!

1} Pins (You know, like the campaign button type? or the regular pin-on brooches)
2} A handmade scarf or handmade leg warmers or handwarmers (I LOVE THOSE!) Thanks edenkitty and snapsanddragons!
3} Random jewelry trinkets (Unique and different, if you please)
4} Earrings
5} A neat pillow or pillow case!
6} Anything to do with Twilight (Im a HUGE FAN)
7} Squares for a quilt
8} Handspun yarn ( in neat colors)
9} A cowl ( neckwarmer)
10} Scrabble coasters!
11} Any kind of eccentric or woodsy art to put on my wall (getting my new apartment in a few months)
12} A throw/afghan/quilt for my bed
13} Anything vintage!!!!!!
14} I love hemp bracelets and necklaces
15} Any kind of recycled craft
16} Random crafting tidbits
17} Recipes
18} SURPISE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much if you pick me!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008 05:42:58 PM by jvp2790 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008 04:26:53 PM »

Thank you thank you thank you! I saw this swap and was thrilled! I love giving and getting birthday presents, and wouldn't you know it My birthday is this month November 25th to be exact. So I'm a sagi-terrorist, and couldn't be happier with it!

So the run down: I live in Vancouver, Washington. I'm just across the river from Portland, Oregon, and spend a lot of time there. I'm going to be 29 (I already have this wonderfully dorky scavenger hunt birthday party planned). I'm an independently owned and operated business, truly I am. I am the sole proprietor and crafter of Eden Kitty Studios, and have a booth at Portland Saturday Market! I'm using this year to turn around a two decades of lousy birthdays. I refuse to let one more year go by in that I'm not absolutely celebrating my life!

So on with the list! thank you so much for reading this!

Crafted things!
1. A Necklace of some type (I am in love with necklaces!) I really love funky weird plastics and resins and just odd ball things!
2. Hand Spun Yarn! I'm a yarn-ho and really love all types of yarn
3. Super cutesy anything! I love Kawaii Not, and Hello Kitty and all that kinda stuff.
4. A stuffed animal, the weirder the better!
5. Hair Fascinator! I've seen some wicked things, and would love something funky for my hair
6. Soap! who doesn't love handmade soap, I would prefer botanical smells to fruity, but it's always up to you!
7. A hand woven or knit or crochet or sewn or macrame or whatever scarf! too much fluffy wool makes me itchy, but I'll still wear it!
8. A pair of legwarmers for a bigger girl! Fur would be fun, old sweaters, anything really!
9. Mosaic of any type! I'm no good at it, but love them.
10.Video Game Geekery! My favorite games are Katamari Damacy, Super Mario and Bomber man! and I love Final Fantasy 3 or 6 depending on where your from. The one with Locke and Terra. Smiley
11.SURPRISE ME! I am a huge fan of surprises.. wish I'd had a surprise party this year, but you can never plan those.

1. Roving! I love needle felting and always need more roving!
2. buttons! I <3 buttons. I don't really need anymore but I'd love them just the same!
3. fleece in fun patterns!
4. Pearls or Stones for beading!
5. Kitchy anything!
6. Perler Beads (the ones you iron)
7. I'd love a kit to make something! I really like to do those crazy things! 

I have a wist so feel free to check it out! I've got a lot on there, but that's because I find everything so amazing! Thank you so much for reading and if you claim me, THANKS!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008 03:09:58 PM by edenkitty - Reason: Forgot some essential infomation. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Snaps And Dragons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008 08:21:27 PM »

Happy Birthday!!
So i am Sarah, and i am 27. I live in Denver Co. I am married to a really wonderful man and we just had our one year wedding on Nov. 17th My birthday was on Nov.5th 2008. And i am a pretty happy person right now. I love earth tones, teal and yellow greens. I love anything people put time into. I currently work with a nonprofit in boulder co, which means i work with the best kids in the world
Crafts that i love to do are anything with yarn, paper and fabric.
Themes are anything natural, flowers, trees, birds!
things i would love to get:
1. Paper
2. hand bound journal
3. stationary
4. hair clips with feathers
5. bracelets (wood, stone shells, coconut)
6. necklaces (big pendents)
7. fun stuff for my dogs.
8. yarn, spun or bought.
9. skirt with pockets and stencil designs
10.anything from my wist
11. writing supplies (pens, ink, wax stamp ect.)
12. anything that will help me learn Spanish.
13. a surprise Thanks edenkitty!!!

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008 07:55:25 AM by SnapsAndDrangons » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pay no attention to me dancing with my girl, we have every intention of being failures in this world.

My Small Wists  http://wists.com/sarahelizroberts
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008 02:38:08 AM »

Hey guys, first off, Happy Birthday to all the November craftsters.

Everyone calls me Ky, Im from Australia and Ive just turned 26. (On the 13th) Im not allergic to anything (except bee stings) and the main colours that I don't really like are yellows, greens and oranges.

I love anime, especially Elfin Lied, Samurai Champloo and Ninja Scroll (so many others as well but I have a shocking memory when it comes to names)  Im also addicted to cats, dragons, rats, akitas, frogs, hello kitty, and trying out every craft I come across so really any craft supplies would NEVER go astray.  Cheesy

Colours I like are blue, pink, purple, red and any combination of black with one of them.

1.   Fleece hammocks for my rats
2.   Clip in kitty ears
3.   Hair bows in a style like these http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/salembaby/kyness/Ky_wants/bfac_1.jpg
4.   Cute handmade plushie animals from my list of likes.
5.   Any gothic styled jewellery, but cant wear earrings unless theyre the fishhook style because of my gauged ears.
6.   Polymer clay charms.
7.   Anything Hello Kitty. Cheesy I LOVE Hello Kitty.
8.   Toys for my cat Neko.
9.   Christmas tree decorations in pink, purple, silver or black (I just got my first Christmas tree since I left home) hehe
10.   A surprise!

Craft supplies.

1.   Pinstripe material  (I can never find it here)
2.   Black fishnet material (same reason as the other material)
3.   Small glass eyes to use in my polymer clay animals.
4.   Lampwork glass beads in my favourite colours.
5.   Id also love some samples of pearl ex powder colours but they are expensive so thats just a big wish. Hehe.
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008 10:49:06 PM »

HI all, please be sure when sending pm's to put "Nov Bday Swap" in the title since I am organizing december also.

If you have not sent out by your due date, please let me know when you are sending out. If you do not communicate with me within 2 weeks after your sendout date you will receive negative feedback until your partner receives.

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/19

~The 2015 Quiltalong! is up and chugging along! Come join us!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Lip Balm Refill
Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder Review
Visibly Longer, Fuller Hair in No Time
Beauty From Within Starts With A Sip
Glamorous Waves from Start to Finish
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...