A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quirky Winter Holiday Swap Gallery! Sen out date Nov 10  (Read 13312 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner , christmas_stocking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Trisha2010
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2008 01:09:11 AM »

Those are some awesome packages! I espescially like the different Elve's Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2008 02:13:48 AM »

I'm glad you like it knickertwist!

I really love that advent calendar! Such an awesome idea!

I'm a bit late in posting, but I love the little dolls elfy shoes too, and all the details in her and her scene are wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trampycouture
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2008 04:39:40 AM »

OMG I am just in AMAZEMENT of all these beautiful things!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Platypus Project

A - is for Asylum. B - is for Bulldog. M - is for

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2008 05:29:52 AM »

I received an amazing package from Knickertwist yesterday....simply incredible really.  I told her I have a very twisted religious icon theme in my house...like, decoupaging a toilet seat with pictures of jesus theme....sorry if I'm offending anyone...it's a long story...and I find the images beautiful.  I'm also of russian decent and showed her a picture of Saint Nikolas as I knew him as a child.  Let me tell you...she didn't just run with that...she flew.
Lots and lots of pictures, so...here we go!

A beautiful decaupaged box (I'm also a cellist...the musical sheets she used hit a certain note with me [no pun intended]):

And what's inside?

Why an elf...sitting in for baby jesus, and old Russian iconography for Mr. and Mrs. Clause!  Seriously...she hand painted these...unbelievable work...keeping right with the iconography theme here.

Detail of right side:

Detail of left side:

More?  Oh my...magnets...and here they are on my fridge.  I actually said aloud to my dog..."no way, these are not magnets", and upon putting them on my metal filing cabinet, I squealed with delight!

I'm having a hard time getting pictures of those...the flash makes them all wonky, but I can't keep my hand still without it....

Moving on...oh wow!!  A nativity scene:

Wait a minute.....

Dinosaurs!!! DINOSAURS!!!  How brilliant is that??

Decoration...and take a look at the detail here...the brows are raised and the whole thing is textured with paint and glitter.....amazing detail:

Twisted snowman candy dispenser and a really odd nutcracker...if you look closely, his mouth is actually on part of his torso.....

And....AND....a three wise men t-shirt!!

Ghandi, Steven Hawking and Einstein...definitely three wise men!! Wink
Knickertwist, you could not have hit this more dead on....a lot of our books in our house are authored by Ghandi, Hawking and Einstein...I'm not even kidding.  I actually spent some time in Ghandi's house in Gujurat India a few years ago....you hit this one right on the head!  She said it's her first time screen printing...I'd say she has a "natural talent" for it!!

And all my goodies piled together:

Thank you thank you Knickertwist!!! Thank you so much.  I feel this really puts the package I sent to shame, but I do hope you get it soon! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps???!?!?  Why yes...I LOVE personal swaps!!!!

"Don't judge me monkey..."

My blog.  Come along for the ride-  http://theplatypusproject.wordpress.com/
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2008 05:41:27 AM »

Woah, that's awesome! I love that painted box, the elf-Jesus is perfect! Cheesy

The dinosaur nativity is too funny, and I love the expression on that snowball. Brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrskimmyl
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2008 06:08:13 AM »

What a lucky swap partner you are! Everything you received is so great - I love that shirt! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nullo
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2008 07:30:27 AM »

Platypus Project/Knickertwist, AWESOME box of goodies! So creative. I think...I think the dinosaurs are my favorite...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Platypus Project

A - is for Asylum. B - is for Bulldog. M - is for

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2008 07:35:53 AM »

These pictures seriously do not do everything justice.  The light was wonky in my office and the magnets were really hard to photograph.  Everything is simply perfect.  I love everything to pieces!  The box however, is my favorite and may have to stay out all year!  I love the hidden painting inside, I'm not quite sure how I'll display it yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps???!?!?  Why yes...I LOVE personal swaps!!!!

"Don't judge me monkey..."

My blog.  Come along for the ride-  http://theplatypusproject.wordpress.com/
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2008 08:35:06 AM »

Wow.  I am simply blown away by all the amazing stuff I just looked at for the past few pages.  We seriously have some of the best Craftsters in existence, right here in our kooky little warped holiday swap.  Everyone is doing such amazing stuff.  The elf head, the painting, the dinosaurs, the wise men.....the steampunk ornament and the wrapped tree....all amazing!  Everyone here rocks. Smiley

I will be updating all the status and feedback stuff this coming weekend, but if you desperately need something done before then, pm me and I'll see what I can do. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2008 08:39:36 AM »

The dinosaur nativity is hilarious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Painted Background
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...