A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
407 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quirky Winter Holiday Swap Gallery! Sen out date Nov 10  (Read 9399 times)
Tags for this thread: table_runner , christmas_stocking  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2008 12:36:03 AM »

A Note From Your Organizer!

Hi everyone!
I had some technical difficulties in getting updates and feedback posted this weekend, but it looks like it's all working now.  Please check out your feedback and your status on the first page of this thread and let me know if anything doesn't look right to you.   And thanks again to everyone for being such great swappers! Smiley

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008 12:40:23 AM by Lmcbride » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
The Platypus Project

A - is for Asylum. B - is for Bulldog. M - is for

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2008 04:38:31 AM »

Knickertwist has received from me...unfortunately, almost everything broke or came apart in transit...I'm a little disappointed as I used bubble wrap to wrap each item and then added in shredded paper.  The box wasn't so large that everything would jostle around that much.  I'm so angry, as I put a lot of work and thought into what I sent...regardless...there's nothing I can do, Knickertist said she would put back together as best she can, I'm just sorry that happened.
She said if I had pictures, I could post, so I dug them out and wanted to share what I sent to Knickertwist...well, the before photos at least:

This is a very angry snowman.  He has a tie to hang from a tree...or a doorway...whatever you feel you want to hang him from:

This is the head of a doll.  I wondered what happened to the broken toys up at the north pole...they must have some type of burial or some type of ceremony, so I mounted the head in a box I crafted out of an old frame, added wheels..the elves are small, they may need to pull her along.  She started out as a white skin tone ceramic/porcelain doll from Salvation army.  I took off her limbs and discarded the torso.  The head was used for this project:

This is what happened to one of the arms.  I painted it using an iron paint and then rusted it with a patina.  I love this piece...I think it was my favorite from the package.  She has a tie to hang as well:

Knickertwist and her family also received about 3 pounds of chocolate!  Yummmmmmm. Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps???!?!?  Why yes...I LOVE personal swaps!!!!

"Don't judge me monkey..."

My blog.  Come along for the ride-  http://theplatypusproject.wordpress.com/
Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2008 04:54:19 AM »

Oh, I'm so so bummed out to hear that it broke.  Was it insured?  I usually pay the extra couple of bucks for $100 of insurance, but I've never had to make a claim so I don't know how easily that goes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2008 05:06:23 AM »

Thanks for posting pics! I'm glad you did because I've been a bit sidetracked (we're renovating) and my camera is being difficult. I do love my bits and pieces Smiley Nothing was broken beyond repair... a bit of glue and it's all right as rain. They just had a bit of a bump or two.

I was wondering how you did the arm... the texture is lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2008 08:19:40 AM »

I've received my wonderful package from knickertwist. Everything is so beautifully made and thoughtful, I love everything! I have to admit that I could have posted pictures earlier today but I've been playing with my new nativity!

The whole package together...

Worried snowball, currently nestling in the black tree!

Awesome magnets, Discword themed and bacon. BACON! Grin

A very strange looking snowman & ornament

3 Goddess dolls. They have lots of details that haven't quite been captured like the little stars and moons on their bodies. They're so beautiful!

3 wise men t-shirt! So clever!

And what's this beautiful box for?

Isn't it beautiful? I love the sparkly sky and adore the moon!

I bought the characters last year and they needed a home so I was so thrilled when I opened the creche. It's perfect for them! I need to work on my floor quite a bit, but I was pleased my Gran's duck fitted in without damaging anything. It normally has to nestle on my tree with the hen guy Cheesy

Yes, baby Jesus sleeps on twigs, leaves and a postage stamp. And the 3 wise men are on a podeum Cheesy The two larger guys on the left are pooing men (it's a Spanish custom to have them in a nativity)

Thank you so much Knickertwist, I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trampycouture
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2008 10:59:45 AM »

I love the scary baby doll parts!! VERY quirky/creepy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2008 04:04:34 PM »

Time for me to add to the gallery of fabulous quirky goodies!!  Lmcbride sent me the most awesome package.....

First off theres some nifty stamped gift wrap (black and pink Smiley) and a chain made from Chinese hell notes.  I'm going to put this on my kitchen thyme tree and burn it in the fireplace on Christmas for my mom (hell notes are meant to be burnt in honour of your ancestors so they have some jingle on the other side) as Lmcbride suggested (great idea!!)

Then theres a christmassy box with a ton of loot....outside you can see the cute mini jack skelly ornaments and a beaded and painted ball.  Love the beaded strings on these!

inside the box we have some nifty to/from tags (great cause I never get around to making me some), some cards, some great ribbon that matches the dark theme Smiley

AANNDD I saved the best for last....ode to A Christmas Story leg lamp (only the greatest holiday movie EVER)  heh, heh this is the BEST door ornament ever!!!   It cracks me up every time I look at it (as does the mind picture of Lmcbrides house of barbie torsos.....)

Thanks for such a swell holiday package Lcmcbride!!  And extra kudoo's for running this swap, you rock girl Grin
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008 07:01:45 AM by alteredmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
crazyda79

« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2008 10:59:31 PM »

I just love all the quirkiness!  The leg ornament is fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
The Platypus Project

A - is for Asylum. B - is for Bulldog. M - is for

« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2008 04:01:10 AM »

Both those packages are great!  The nativity box is really cool and I just adore the ode to a Christmas Story ornament!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps???!?!?  Why yes...I LOVE personal swaps!!!!

"Don't judge me monkey..."

My blog.  Come along for the ride-  http://theplatypusproject.wordpress.com/
Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2008 11:48:00 AM »

I love everything here, but the Hogfather quote really cracks me up.  Er..ho. ho. ho.  Yay hogfather!  I was hoping he would join us at some point in this swap! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Your Hair Tied Back
How to Do a Cute Hairstyle
How to Do Modern Hairstyles
How to Do a Half Up Hairstyle
How to Use Egg as Hair Conditioner
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...