A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: going to be making our own save the date magnets... software??  (Read 864 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hawtmamah
« on: February 02, 2010 07:34:44 AM »

SO i'm collecting old business card sized magnets from some friends to reuse as my save the date magnets. Is there anything out there (templates? software) that would enable me to design something i could print out and paste onto these magnets somehow?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

envirocraft
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010 10:07:33 AM »

I love love love this idea! In the past I"ve never quite understood the whole "save the date" things, but this idea is so clever! I might have to add it to the list I've started of wedding crafts brainstorming list (if my boyfriend found it, he might freak out! LOL)

If you want to do it simply, Microsoft word has a whole bunch of business card templates which would work well if you're using business card sized magnets. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
hawtmamah
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010 11:47:39 AM »

I love love love this idea! In the past I"ve never quite understood the whole "save the date" things, but this idea is so clever! I might have to add it to the list I've started of wedding crafts brainstorming list (if my boyfriend found it, he might freak out! LOL)

If you want to do it simply, Microsoft word has a whole bunch of business card templates which would work well if you're using business card sized magnets. 

LOL yeah i am SO not going to buy magnets when there are PLENTY of them to be found clinging worthlessly to people's refrigerators. My mom has a couple that she's had since i was a KID. hhahahaha! i'm sure those businesses are not in business anymore!

Thanks for the heads up on microsoft, i hadn't thought to check them out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampira_666
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010 09:38:53 PM »

You can buy magnet sheets at most dollar stores-- they are just a standard paper size sheet with a sticky side- just peel and stick whatever you want onto them and cut out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~ Vampira_666 ~*
hawtmamah
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010 12:01:56 PM »

You can buy magnet sheets at most dollar stores-- they are just a standard paper size sheet with a sticky side- just peel and stick whatever you want onto them and cut out!

i've never seen those! i have a friend who is supposed to send me a bunch that her boss had made but never used. I'm hoping to not have to spend much at all, plus i  like the idea of reusing instead of purchasing. But thanks for the tip, i'll definitely keep that in mind. I can buy a sheet or two for the kid's crafting stuff when we run out of the used magnets:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hillary Clinton on the Message of Hard Choices
Antonin Scalia: A Court of One
Why Writers Are Chasing the Art World
From Fandom to Obsession: The Cult Following of Bob Dylan
Horse Saves Troubled Teen
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...