A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 AUSSIE christmas card & small gift swap signup closed  (Read 11703 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 30, 2008 05:23:35 AM »

hi everyone I am back again with our wonderful aussie swap!

Swap name: 2008 AUSSIE christmas card & small gift swap!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Cyndiq

Sign-up date range: 30th of October - 17th of November >>> now closed
Date to send item by:finish crafting and send by 15 th of December

Limited to a certain number of people? :25
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES
If so, which country? AUSTRALIA.
All ages allowed?  All ages, under 18 please ask your parents first and they may contact me if any concerns.[/size][/size]
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Details of swap:
Aussie only xmas card & small gift swap!
Similar to the couple of year's  aussie christmas card & small gift swap. see recent discussion thread
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=269232.new;topicseen

Everyone  needs to pm organizer and the sender when you recieve. And place a picture of gift and card in gallery (to be set up) and send a recieved & thankyou pm to sender.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
What crafts do you make & want to send?
What crafts would you like to receive?
How many partners do you want? eg 1 or 2 or 5 or 10! you decide how busy you want to be and  how many goodies you will craft, send and than recieve!
What colours/things would you like to recieve/make?
What colours/things would you dislike to recieve?eg wool
General little bit of info about yourself: bit of background on your life, tastes, very simply put or links to your wist, blog etc
Anything else your partner should know?: ? allergies?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Participant >>> send to these partners (wait till person ready to send also ie green colour name, send on dec 12-15)

PM YOUR ACTUAL REQUESTED ITEM AND ADDY TO EACH PARTNER
Partner names marked in green are sent.
When recieved the name will turn it to blue! if flaked = redblack not sent

keep contact in the thread or by pm with all your partners and let the organizer know if there is a problem
merry christmas everyone!!

1. Cyndiq  send to  (7)melmakespretty, MissMelissa Starberrii, Emmaline,  Jehnaia, VintageLover  SableFyre

Cyndiq receive from (7) Ralph, Emmaline x 2 items, Melmakespretty, Taniquel, MissMelissa  SableFyre

2 Melmakespretty send to( 5) VintageLover,TaniquelSchnerby, Cyndiq, Calliebuggie
 Melmakespretty receive from (5)  Cyndiq, Starberrii, VelvetRose,Ralph, Emmaline

3. Schnerby send to (5) Jehnaia, VelvetRose, Emmaline, Taniquel,    SableFyre

Schnerby receive from (5) Starberrii, Ralph,Taniquel, Melmakespretty, Callie buggie

4. MissMelissa  sending to (5) Emmaline, Taniquel,Cyndiq,  Starberri, ralph
 missmelissa  receive from (5) Cyndiq, VelvetRose,Jehnaia, Taniquel sablefyre angel package being organized

5. SableFyre  sending to (5)  VelvetRose,VintageLover, Ralph,Cyndiq, Missmelissa  stopped communicating  very late has not sent
   SableFyre receive from (5) Schnerby  Callie buggie, VintageLover, Jehnaia, Cyndiq

6. Emmaline  sending to (5) VelvetRose, Taniquel,Melmakespretty, Cyndiq x 2 items

Emmaline receive from (5)  Cyndiq, Schnerby, Starberrii, MissMelissa, VintageLover

7. Ralph  sending to (5) VelvetRose,  Cyndiq, Schnerby, Melmakespretty,  Starberrii
     Ralph receive from (5)  missmelissa,VintageLover, VelvetRose, JehnaiaSableFyrerecieve from Calliebuggie instead now

8. VintageLover  send to ( 5) Emmaline, Callie buggie, Ralph JehnaiaSableFyre    

VintageLover receive from (5) Cyndiq,VelvetRose, Jehnaia Melmakespretty
SableFyre 

9. VelvetRose send to (5) Taniquel, Melmakespretty, Ralph, VintageLover, MissMelissa   

VelvetRose receive from (5)sableFyreRalph,,Starberrii Emmaline, Schnerby  jehnaia to send replacement package

10. starberri send to (5) Jehnaia, Schnerby, Melmakespretty,EmmalineVelvetRose

Starberri receive from (5) MissMelissa, Cyndiq, Ralph,Taniquel, Jehnaia

11. callie buggie  send to (3) Jehnaia, Schnerby, SableFyre  now sending to Ralph instead

Callie buggie receive from (3) VintageLover,Melmakespretty,Taniquel

12. Jehnaier  send to (5) Ralph, starberrii, MissMelissa, ,VintageLoverSableFyre
Jehnaier receive from (5) Calliebuggie, Cyndiq,starberrii, VintageLover, Schnerby

13.Taniquel  send to (5) Starberrii, , Schnerby, MissMelissa,callie buggie, Cyndiq
    Taniquel receive from (5) MissMelissa, Emmaline, Schnerby, VelvetRose, Melmakespretty
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009 03:15:04 AM by cyndiq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008 05:24:32 AM »

1 cyndiq - (sending to 7) tentative ideas (to be finalized)mobile phone cosy, embroidered  pouch, beaded metal bookmark, fabric covered notebook(exercise book) OR mini handmade journal, xmas pendant (angel or heart), set of embossed cards any theme, crochet panta headband.

2 Melmakespretty (sending to 5) earings, covered notepad, beaded jewellery FIRST SWAP

3. schnerby (sending to 5) can offer stuffies, pouches, bookmarks, crochet headband, clay magnets, crayon holder, 

4. missmelissa (sending 5)  can offer Zakka style Owls, some carved stamps, and some christmas themed origional artworks/illustrations.

5. SableFyre (sending to 5) Hand Stamped Pendants (limited Quantity)  Reversible Journal Covers, Beaded Jewellery, Pouches with Resin Snaps or Zippers, Crossstitch, knitted or crocheted small items, Fabric Covered Button HairTies and/or Necklace pendants.
(first swap to be officially approved on 15th)

6. Emmaline (sending to 5) Resin bangles/bracelets, Ipod cosies, donut pin cushions, tote bags, personalised calico shopping bags, and a set of christmas felt decorations

7. Ralph (sending to 5) Polymer clay christmas earrings (santa and reindeer, 2pairs). A set of handmade christmas notecards. Handmade journal or scrapbook (different kinds), a set of handmade beauty products.

8. VintageLover (send to 5) Felt christmas ornaments, Christmas dotee dolls or made to partners liking, Sml embroiderd stuffie, christmas themed, Black shrinky dink jewellery, made like an acrylic laser style (first time swapper)

9.  VelvetRose (sending to 5) Rapunzel scarves, Felted flower brooches,  felted bead and wooden bead jewellery.

10. Starberrii (send to 5) offering crayon rolls, amigurumi turtles (or other small animals), embroidered bookmarks, sock animals, small crocheted items (eg hats, cozies).

11. calliebuggie (send to 3)Sock monkey's,  earrings, stuffies (bunnies - felt toys), christmas decorations, personalised stationary sets.

12. Jehnaier (send to 5) Earrings, jewellery, bookmarks, cards, gift tags, journals, artworks

13. Taniquel (send to 5)
a.Bracelets- 1. crochet rope (4 colours only) 2. embroidered felt cuff 3. netted cuff 4. something else
b. pyramid zippered pouch
c. felt christmas ornaments
d. set of mini cards in decorated tin

please browse the thread for pictures and updated offerings.

wish list pm me by monday 17th nov evening if possible. partners issued tuesday 18th november

last updated 947pm qld australian time tuesday nov 18th
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008 03:47:43 AM by cyndiq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008 04:49:50 PM »

Cyndi

Do we make 5 (or 10) of the same item, or can people choose from our list of 3 possibilities?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melmakespretty
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008 11:21:36 PM »

Hi i have sent you my info, it will be my first swap.
Is that okay?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008 11:45:59 PM »

you can nominate to make 1 or up to 10 things. so if someone only has time to make a couple of items they can still join up, others may want to make more as they have the time.

so it would be nice if everyone will offer 3 different things you can make (pm me when you know what they will be, post pic of sample if you haveone)

example 1
mary is offering either of these 3 items bookmark set or magnet set or bracelet
jane chooses the bracelet in blue
mary makes a blue bracelet and sends to jane
example 2
jane is offering either a small journal, a set of atc cards or a necklace
mary chooses the atc cards, jane makes them to mary's theme and sends to mary.

does that make sense? Wink

i just thought it would give more options for choice so everyone likes what they get.
you can precraft  if you like, just try to have a range of colours to choose from.
or just make 1 sample of each, wait till you get partners, than use the 4weeks to make a custom small gift for each person.

welcome melmakespretty i will check your pm hope you like your first swap!

velvet rose if you want to to the shop the swap for xmas and offer the premade stuff you have pm me maybe i can help you if your organize or vice versa

hugs cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008 05:24:18 AM »

I sent my details. Not sure I wrote the right stuff but if there are any problems please let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Velvet Rose
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008 01:21:02 PM »

Thanks for offering to co-organize a STS cyndi, but I don't think I will have a swap slot free for it until next year.

I will mainly be offering pre-crafted items but I can make Rapunzel yarn scarves to order.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008 01:09:15 AM by Velvet Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008 02:50:10 PM »

ooh your offerings sound very generous velvet rose
would the rapunzel scarfs be a bit big?
i am happy to let you offer them but hope you realized its a small gift and card we are all sending.
anyhow let me know by pm if you can join.

hugs cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008 10:31:31 PM »

The rapunzels only take about an hour to make so I think they are a "small" item in craftster terms.

What are other people thinking of making?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008 02:48:42 AM »

i am tossing around with these ideas
christmas pendant (will make some up to choose from)
mobile phone cosy
set of 2 machine embroidered fridge magnets
beaded metal bookmark
fabric covered note(exercisebook) book
mini handmade journal/diary
set of 4 handmade embossed cards
what do you think?
cyndiq

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008 12:53:41 AM by cyndiq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
House Rules Book Trailer
Meet Author Mike Dooley
Meet Author Lisa Lutz
Ann Pearlman Reveals Her Favorite Books
Tom Rob Smith Talks About The Secret Speech
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...