A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 305,866
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: clothing display ideas needed  (Read 4380 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WhimsyLisa
« on: March 04, 2005 03:13:29 PM »

For the fellow crafters who do clothing, I was wondering, what do you do to put mirrors in your displays? I have a small table top mirror that works fine for hats, but I think I need something full length as well. The trouble is I'd like something that looks nice, but is economical, and preferably doesn't weigh a ton.

Also, if anyone has interesting ideas for displaying clothing, I'd love to hear what you do. Up to now, I'd been using grid-wall panels and accessories, but I'm thinking of changing that.

Thanks in advance for your help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
uproar
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005 08:54:51 PM »

In a couple of weeks I'll be setting up at a local craft fair/DIY expo for the second time.  I haven't really thought about any sort of mirrors for some reason.  I don't know why it never even crossed my mind.  Last time I brought a garment rack, which I set up next to the table (we were on the end of a row), and I also had a duct-tape dressform that I displayed on the table itself with a shirt on it.  Since then I've gotten a real dressform, so I might actually bring that with me to display near/in front of the table.  I'm also going to do the garment rack again, obviously, as I think that's the best way to display the clothing I make.

Last time one girl wanted to try on a dress before she bought it, so I let her go to the bathroom to try it on.  I was kind of nervous about whether she would come back or not even though she and her mom seemed pretty trustworthy.  This time I think I might ask to hold an ID if someone wants to bring an article of clothing to the bathroom to try it on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Potato Salad with Hot Smoked Sausage by Chef Jill
New York Style Dog by Chef Jill Houk
First and Ten Saute by Chef Jill Houk
Jeff Mauro LIVE on AOL BUILD
Katie Lee LIVE on AOL BUILD
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...