A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Literally 1000 day anniversary idea????  (Read 5958 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Celene08
« on: October 29, 2008 01:39:34 PM »

Huh Help Huh

Okay, I discovered by accident that in a week, it'll be my boyfriend's and I 1000 day anniversay. He doesn't know about it, nor I want to tell him, to make it a surprise.

But, the great problem is... what do I get him??

He watches lottssss of football, and is a cowboy's fan. He also loves anything to do with cars, and fitness. (just your regular guy) he listens to rock and hip hop

I've given him alot of crafts as gifts, so the crafting part is ok for him (i guess...)

I'd like to give him, something useful, or romantic, but not too corny.

I had thought up about giving him 1000 mini cupcakes, but it's a bad idea, since he takes alot of care on what he eats (more than me).

Any ideas?Huh Huh Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whit141
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011 02:51:04 PM »

Make a scrapbook with reasons why you love him(cornyish sorry)
or write 1000 notes and make little boxes/containers(creative part) and leave them hidden around the house and then make him go on a scavenger hunt(funny for you to watch) Wink

i hope this helps a little sorry if it doesnt
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011 12:49:19 PM »

1000 day! How cute!
Theres that idea of 100 reasons why I love you in a bottle (or something like that). You could certainly do some kind of variation of that!
I saw this idea somewhere of a mad lib style book. You can choose a title and plug in information (like your names, town, anniversary etc) and create a book about the two of you. It would be really personal, and probably really funny to read together. Plus you could name it "1000 days with you" or something so it still reflects the anniversary. Unfortunately I dont know where I saw it and have no idea where to get it done. But I'm sure you could find it in google!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spaz2phreek
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011 11:53:26 PM »

Oh man...how cute. My boyfriend and I don't do traditional anniversary stuff because it's cliche and we're not into the notion of "romantic gesture because it's expected" but this, this I could also do since I just realized our would be coming up soon, too.

1000 of anything is a lot so I'm thinking keep it small & simple. Maybe if he has a favorite candy or something that's small... like say he enjoys M&Ms or watermelon flavored stuff, then watermelon jelly beans or Jolly Ranchers. Fill a jar that's Cowboy's themed (there's a tut here on Craftster about etching glass so you could do it yourself) and a note that says something like "A 1000 sweets to represent the 1000 days you've been making my life sweeter" or something.
Or, if you guys are goofy like me & my guy and you want do something healthier, if he likes nuts like pistachios...same concept but something like "1000 nuts for all the days you've been driving me nuts".

Good luck & thanks for pointing this out. I'm thinking I'll have to do this for my sweetie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011 12:34:52 AM »

If he likes cupcakes, but watches what he eats you could always just make enough cupcakes (or mini ones) of his fave flavor to make the shape of 1000.  That way he doesn't have to feel guilty about eating some Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Garlic Mashed Potatoes
How to Make Chicken Marinade
How to Make Butter Sauce
How to Make a Philly Cheese Steak with Cheez Whiz
How to Cook Salmon with Vegetables
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...