A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: get well packages  (Read 478 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onewtonj
« on: October 29, 2008 08:58:06 AM »

Anyone have any ideas on items to make or buy for get well packages for someone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008 09:48:40 AM »

you could make a fabric basket (there are plenty of tutorials on here and elsewhere online) and fill it with different teas or cocoas (there are lots of individual serving packets out there so the person can try different kinds). Include a fabric coaster. If it's a female, you could put in nailpolish or things like that so they have something to do. You could buy a couple of paperbacks or if they are crafty, put together a package of supplies for a project for their chosen craft. The very first idea is what I'm actually doing for my aunt who is having surgery and needs six weeks of recovery. She loves tea and doing her nails and I'm excited to put her basket together. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008 11:24:27 AM »

Something I like to include for my friends (who are all well over 20...and in some cases 30 and 40) is a coloring book and crayons.  It usually makes them laugh, and if they're stuck in bed, provides a fun, mindless distraction.  I get horrendous migraines, and I keep meaning to make myself a lovely (mild) scented eye mask, for those afternoons I can't stand to look at anything.  A shawl or small afghan is also really nice to curl up with when you're not feeling well, if you're feeling adventurous (these can be sewn and quilted, not just knitted or crocheted!)  Puzzles, word games, and journals are all things that can be personalized or crafted.  And don't forget some soup mix!  Either make your own dry soup mix in a jar, and attach a recipe, or just some bought from the store.  Soup is awesome.

And nothing says "Get well" better than a handmade card.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
SpottedFrog
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008 08:32:40 AM »

I had a friend undergo major surgery on his jaw recently, resulting in being wired shut, a feeding tube for several weeks & a liquid diet for the next three months. He's mobile around the house, but can't talk really. Food gifts are out as his healing has reduced him to pretty mild things as well.

I sent a jar of whimsies which included: origami paper, stickers, Matchbox cars, colorful pens, some bendy monsters, some foamies, pipecleaners & beads & I forget what else.  He loved it. Oh yeah, he's 52.

I bought a jar that was foodsafe & included a note about it being useable in the kitchen after the toys were played out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Sandwich: Crispy Pork at Bark Hot Dogs
The Best Burger in New York City: The Brindle Room
Dr. Travis Makes a Healthy Deep Dish Pizza
Fun and Affordable Summer Grilling Tips
How to Make Creamy Mac and Cheese with Bread Crumb Crust
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...