A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Delightfully Devious Dexter Swap (Sign-ups: CLOSED Send-outs: Dec 13, 2008)  (Read 6924 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008 04:09:37 PM »

Hmmm, I'm usually quite gabby but I've been swamped lately and have had little time to goof around to chat. I've got quite a few really great ideas for this swap... I hope they match up with my partners answers Smiley I can't wait to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NerdyCrochetGal
Nerdy Weirdo with Yarn Skills

I am not ignoring you... I am counting stitches...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008 08:15:06 PM »

Hmmm, I'm usually quite gabby but I've been swamped lately and have had little time to goof around to chat. I've got quite a few really great ideas for this swap... I hope they match up with my partners answers Smiley I can't wait to get started!

From the surveys I have seen, we are all on relatively the same page. So I am not too worried about people being able to craft for their partners.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
jessie_jane
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008 10:59:07 PM »

cassiacate57: i'm in the same boat, i have one saved on tivo, i'll prob wait till monday to catch up. I haven't read the books either.  Undecided

Glad to hear we are all about the same crafting level. I figured i would just go for it, since i liked the show so much, then hopefully something will click in my head about what to craft. A partner would help too  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cosmo_mouse

Dexter - My best creation

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008 02:51:37 AM »

Yay for more people!! I'm working like a demon trying to get my onesies for Dexter finished before the swap starts, if I get them finished and posted before sign ups close am I okay to link to the swap to try and encourage more participants?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had ideas already, I've had to stop myself from going and buying certain things until I know what my partner wants... so hard to stop Tongue

jessie_jane - I'm all caught up on the show at the moment and I've read the first two books, as good as they are I do prefer the show.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NerdyCrochetGal

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008 08:59:48 AM »

Yay for more people!! I'm working like a demon trying to get my onesies for Dexter finished before the swap starts, if I get them finished and posted before sign ups close am I okay to link to the swap to try and encourage more participants?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had ideas already, I've had to stop myself from going and buying certain things until I know what my partner wants... so hard to stop Tongue

jessie_jane - I'm all caught up on the show at the moment and I've read the first two books, as good as they are I do prefer the show.

DEFINITELY!!! I think I am going to visit some Dexter related posts on the boards today and link back. I am letting the sign-ups literally go until midnight tomorrow, so hopefully some more people will sign up.

BTW knickertwist thanks for the advertisement in your thread!!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008 09:07:33 AM by NerdyCrochetGal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
NerdyCrochetGal

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008 02:53:24 PM »

Undecided Wow, I really figured we'd have more people. According to my clock it's about 6 hours until sign-ups end. Hopefully if there are people out there following this thread that haven't signed up yet they get me those surveys!!

I have already started to go through and get an idea of who is going to be partnered with who, so unless there are a million people waiting until the last minute to sign up, you guys should have partners by tomorrow afternoon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008 03:34:12 PM »

It's so weird eh? Tons of people showed interest in a Dexter swap and there's only a few jumping on board. Ah well... those who didn't join will be sorry... they'll be totally jealous of the crafty gear they've missed out on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008 04:09:49 PM »

I am totally jealous that I can't join!  I was hoping to join but with no feedback it is hard for me to do that Sad  Oh well, next time.  I think this is gonna be fantastic, don't use all the good ideas because I want to enjoy them in the next round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
cosmo_mouse

Dexter - My best creation

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008 07:28:37 AM »

Ah well... those who didn't join will be sorry... they'll be totally jealous of the crafty gear they've missed out on.

Exactly.

It does seem a bit odd that there have only been a few sign ups for the swap this time around, but I'm sure we'll make it work just fine Smiley I've not been able to finish my Dexter onesies yet, the paint's taking so long to dry but I will post them and share the link once they're done.

Looking forward to getting partners and starting on the swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NerdyCrochetGal

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008 08:30:26 AM »

Ok everyone. Sign-ups are closed, partners have been posted and I have sent the surveys. I did the best I could partnering you guys up, I hope you are happy with your partners.

So starting now, I would appreciate it if any PMs you send to me you send a copy to cassiecate57 as well. She's trying to learn the ropes to someday organize herself, so lets help her learn what goes into organizing.

I would also appreciate it if you could all update here in the swap thread from time to time. I am not expecting you to check this thread every waking moment, but checking in like once a week would be greatly appreciated.

So with that said, LET THE CRAFTING BEGIN!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOOKER PRIDE!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Startups Benefit by Using Interaction Design
How Design Thinking Problem Solving Can Improve
Finding Purpose in Humanitarian Focused Design
How to Apply Design Passion in Business Career
How Culture Impacts Design Problem Solving
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...