A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,774
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My origami & thrifty crafties wedding! (CAUTION, VERY PHOTO INTENSIVE!!)  (Read 33021 times)
Tags for this thread: favors , origami  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

madpimp
Non-Player Character

That's not just pimp, it's MAD pimp.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 26, 2008 10:30:02 PM »

Hey guys!! I thought I'd post the pictures from my wedding! (I finally got a satisfactory amount back~) Anyways, I'll probably be posting these projects up individually with short how-to's and more details about how I got to where I did... But!! for now I'm just going to post the pictures!!

There are a lot more details that were bought, but these are most of the items we crafted

As a note, we ended up having a ceremony, a luncheon and a dinner reception, but as the crafts are all intermingled, the pictures are jumbled a bit... But they're all from our wedding!!

Invitations:
The pink part was professionally printed with embossed ink, but we added the backing, hole punchched, ribbon and printed the directions on vellum and everything else by hand.

Front

Back

Direction booklet

Tag Detail

Our directions sign based off of the invitation design!

Programs:
A detail I almost forgot: These were designed by one of my bridesmaid's boyfriends the night before and printed out on a work computer!

Front Detail

Inside Detail

Flowers, etc
We used brown wrapping paper as the table runners, which was great and cheap.
Cranes in a large vase for the food table

Origami lilies and votives on a glass plate

Origami lilies wired to branches in tall vases

Origami lilies in pails (we hung these off shepherd's hooks and lined the walkway with about 10 of them)

Cinderella-esque headbands Smiley I was sewing them at the very last minute!! Look, my makeup and hair are half done! I had to finish sewing the headbands before they could finish my hairstyle!

Bouquets & headband view~

Luncheon Venue:

Ceremony snacking area (we had a dinner reception, but refreshments at the ceremony):

My maid of honor's boyfriend playing live violin music for the ceremony (wedding march + background music)

Wedding favors:
Chinese take-out boxes with scrapbook paper and ribbon tied around them.

What came inside (printed at kinkos!):

Place setting name tag holders (yay wire!):

Favors and nametag holders in their spot

Luncheon food:

It was a shiskabob theme! I wanted it to look like a garden, so we used planters and ice as "rocks"
We just used those party platters from Albertsons and threw them onto skewers basically.
Cheap and pretty!!
Fruits

Sandwiches

Vegetables

The cake:
The making of... bridesmaid's boyfriend hard at work!!

Shrinkydink cake topper with our avatars on it:

The cupcakes were so much bigger than we thought they would be (about 5-6 inches in diameter)
We bought 200 of them from costco for about $120... Our whole cake ended up costing about $150 total.

And that's it~ So much fun and so much stress. I'm really glad it's all over and we can start our lives together.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008 06:50:07 PM by madpimp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NeZHaX
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008 10:45:39 PM »

Wow, this was all so well done. I hope you didn't stress over it too much! I'm curious as to how much time was spent before the ceremony, luncheon, and reception to prep all the fresh food. This is probably better than a lot of weddings that aren't as DIY as yours. Congrats! :)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madpimp
Non-Player Character

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008 10:51:33 PM »

Wow, this was all so well done. I hope you didn't stress over it too much! I'm curious as to how much time was spent before the ceremony, luncheon, and reception to prep all the fresh food. This is probably better than a lot of weddings that aren't as DIY as yours. Congrats! Smiley

Thanks so much!  I was pretty stressed because I moved out of state about 2 months before the wedding, so all the last minute stuff (including things like favors, bouquets, etc) were done 2 days before the wedding with the help of some very good friends.

We did all of the fresh food the night before the luncheon and then stored it in the fridge until it was time.  We only made the shishkabobs for the luncheon (the reception was a big traditional 10 course dinner at a chinese/vietnamese restaurant)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mystereogotmono
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008 11:22:31 PM »

i could gush for hours about how beautiful i think everything is (it really is ya know).. i wish you two tons of happiness. i wish i could hit this rocks more than once. i'm so jealous of how elegant and classy everything looks (this coming from the girl who never even planned on having a wedding ceremony, this may have changed my mind). congradulations by the way!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madpimp
Non-Player Character

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008 11:30:58 PM »

i could gush for hours about how beautiful i think everything is (it really is ya know).. i wish you two tons of happiness. i wish i could hit this rocks more than once. i'm so jealous of how elegant and classy everything looks (this coming from the girl who never even planned on having a wedding ceremony, this may have changed my mind). congradulations by the way!!

Thanks so much!! Smiley  Coming from the girl who ended up essentially having two ceremonies and two receptions (explaining the luncheon and the dinner), I originally considered the second ceremony more for my friends and family than myself (the first one was a closed ceremony at the Mormon temple, so only a few people were there), but really it was just as awesome the second time around.  Something about pronouncing your eternal love for your sig. other in front of everyone you love just makes everything seem so much more official and awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jolien
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008 11:58:06 PM »

One word: Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flyhunnie7

too cool for the room

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008 12:23:04 AM »

gorgeous wedding! Who was your photographer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leftist.feminist.activist.journalist.
madpimp
Non-Player Character

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008 12:31:03 AM »

gorgeous wedding! Who was your photographer?

Thanks!  I had two different photographers (they're both friends so very affordable)

http://takenbyandre.com/   

http://johnsitu.com/

They both did a really great job!... and Andre was VERY good with handling the guests.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nostrum
Australian made and owned.

Don't dream it, be it.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008 02:21:33 AM »

I have to say I absolutely ADORE your wedding.
It's got such a personal touch to it, which you really lose when you start splurging on things.

Marriage is still a fair way off in my timeline, but I'm definitely taking a number of pages from your book.
My S.O. and I both want a low-key, cost effective wedding, but your wedding looks so elegant and yet very manageable.

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep smiling - It makes people wonder what you're up to.

Looking for Australian personal swaps! [For now. I'll branch overseas when I can afford it!]
krzma13
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008 04:49:04 AM »

I love your centerpieces! They are so simple yet elegant. And your last minute programs are very very cute. I am in a wedding in about three weeks... and I am definitely sending this page to the bride as soon as I finish typing this because I think it could be inspiring to her! Congrats and great taste!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

* Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind ~ Dr. Seuss *
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Test Lab: Diva Sultra Pressing Iron
Beauty Test Lab: Agave Flat Iron
Beauty Test Lab: A Hair Powder That Promises to Do It All
Beauty Test Lab: Hands Free Blow Dryer
How to Do a 90s Triple Plait
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...