A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: covered box, envelopes made of maps, painted cards, 32 ways to say I like you  (Read 2645 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 26, 2008 03:44:57 PM »

I was inspired by a previous post that was 52 ways to say I love you. i had been planning on making something like that for the man in my life.

He is gorgeous and we have been dating for 6 months, I stuck to 'I like you' rather than 'I love you' but then I had a brainwave, he is in sales and covers all of Ireland, so at some point every month or so he visits every county in ireland, there are 32 counties in the island of Ireland. So I hit on the idea of a reason why I like him for every county he visits.

So I made a series of cards, cardstock, colour washed backgrounds, glitter, and hand written (I thought hand written would be more personal) on each one a reason why I like him. This is what they look like

each card has its own envelope, which is a map of the relevant county. I bought a driving atlas from a thrift shop and made up the envelopes from the pages (if anyone wants a bunch of A4 ish maps of Scotland, England and Wales, let me know) All the envelopes, I didnt have enough pages, so some were city maps, ie Dublin city for Dublin county, etc.

The rule is that he is only allowed open the envelope for the county when he is physically in that place.

All 32 envelopes live in this box, It used to be a chocolate box which I cut down and recovered, I didnt intend it to be skewed, I did want all of the angles to be 90 degrees, but it didnt want that and insisted on being off true, but since I am a little eccentric myself I thought it fitting and added a little bow and red rose to emphasise it. I covered the box in paper/ribbon etc.

Ok so the box is possibly a little pink for a guy, but I love it and it really had a mind of its own.

I just need to tell you that as I sit here and type this, there is an enormous spider cavorting across the floor of the room...

he loved it btw, he was blown away that I would take so much time to make him something like that,
So what do you think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlyssaKnits

Formerly Thatkid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008 04:00:04 PM »

that is awesome!
such a cute idea  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Changed my username, Formerly Thatkid!
korenie
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008 05:07:26 PM »

So thoughtful, such an awesome idea!!  The wheels are already turning as I plan my own version, especially since I am in the "like" stage as well.... I like him but I LOVE this idea Smiley
Using the maps for each county and opening it then is truly inspired.  Lucky man!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tiny plastic
tiny plastic hiperrealities

we [heart] metaphysics and glue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008 06:31:27 PM »

what a clever idea!

: D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we are 3 philophy students that have discovered glue before finnising university
Verde
No Pleasure, No Gain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008 04:49:09 AM »

I love maps and have made some envelopes out of them myself.
Inspired project - I'm sure he'll love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Olympic Medalist Amanda Beard on Her Memoir
Learn How to Draw Neil Flambé
Amanda Beard on How Swimming Saved Her from Depression
Saranormal Book Series Trailer
Marilu Henner on Her Audiobook, Total Memory Makeover
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...