A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,641
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: A Very Crochet Christmas Along  (Read 7510 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Molly.Connelly
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008 05:15:52 PM »

I started it out like this (in an M hook btw)
round 1: chain three, slip stitch to make a ring, chain 2.
round 2: hdc 7 times in the hole slip stitch in chain 2 then chain 2
round 3: hdc in chain 2 of previous round then 2 hdc in each stitch around slip stitch in chain 2 then chain 2
round 4: hdc in chain 2 of previous round then  *hdc in next stitch and 2hdc in the next stitch* repeat around, slip stitch in chain 2 then chain 2
round 5: hdc in chain 2 of previous round then*hdc in next two stitched and 2 hdc in the next stitch*repeat around, slip stitch in chain 2 then chain 2
round 6: hdc in chain 2 of previous round then  *hdc in next 3 stitches and 2hdc in the next stitch* repeat around, slip stitch in chain 2 then chain 2
round 7: hdc in chain 2 of previous round then  *hdc in next 4 stitches and 2hdc in the next stitch* repeat around, slip stitch in chain 2 then chain 2
round 8: hdc in chain 2 of previous round then  *hdc in next 5 stitches and 2hdc in the next stitch* repeat around, slip stitch in chain 2 then chain 3
here's the part where it might get hard.
I start using dc on the next rows; I (depending on how slouchy you want the top of the hat) dc on each stitch and sometimes put two dc's in one stitch to make it bigger and on the next couple rows just do one dc in each stitch around. I do as many rows as it takes to touch the top of my ears (which is usually 2 or 3). ((for these rounds I put popcorn stitches instead of dc's on some of my hats (like my mom's hat shown in the pic above if you chose to use those I alternated between popcorn stitch and dc around))
now I go to a dec dc and decrease number of stitches till it fits snuggly around my head. then add two rows of 1 hdc in each stitch.

I hope this makes sense and if you have any questions I'll be sure to answer them for you. I will make another hat soon and I'll write a more precise pattern and take progress shots as well.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008 05:17:33 PM by phoenix_michiko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

imthecutest81
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2008 06:37:30 AM »

Your hat is super cute.  I will have to try it one day. 

I finished a cute coffee cup cozy for my friend last night.  I used this pattern... http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/Seasonal/WR1052+Crochet+Coffee+Cozy.htm
But I did not make it a solid bank for around the cup.  I added a little string on the back side to give it some extra color and it will expand to fit on other cups as well.

I took some pictures of it and all the other projects I have finished recently but I didn't have time to take them off the camera and put them online.  I will post them tonight when I get home from work.

~Jessica~
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008 06:37:58 AM by imthecutest81 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
imthecutest81
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008 08:48:48 AM »

Here are the pictures...

Coffee Cozy Front

Coffee Cozy Back

I am pretty happy with it.  Especially because it took my like an hour to finish it while I was watching TV. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008 12:31:59 PM »

purple= finished
green=in progress
red= in serious need of help on
___________________ ____________
a ripple blanket for my sister
a hooded scarf for my bf's brother's girlfriend (changed to slouchy hat)
slouchy hat for my mom
something for my bf's mom and dad (idk what yet though)
a painting for my grandpa (have the idea but haven't started painting)
and a tri-force pillow for my bf's brother (HELP!)

okay so I need ideas on what to make my bf's parents for christmas
and I need ideas on what to make my grandma
and...

I started a green and yellow tri-force pillow for my bf's brother but I've decided that I don't like it. it's too small, and I don't think he'd like it. but I want to salvage the tri-force that I already made and turn it into something else. it's a square prolly about 3 in. by 2in. done in hdc. does anyone have any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imthecutest81
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008 05:25:50 AM »

What about putting it onto a messanger bag.  Or add it to a scarf or hat.  These aren't all that creative but it might be cute.  Or would it be big enough to make a sheild pillow and use that as the center of it?  Then maybe make a tri-force pillow still too then he would have a set of Zelda Pillows.

~Jessica~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2008 12:41:38 AM »

I think I'm going to make the tri-force into a scarf
but first I have to finish my grandfather's sign. I have to have it done by Dec. 13th  Shocked
so I need to get dooone
I have the plaque and some dark blue paint (bought some "Oops paint" from work lol)
I'm going to make him a sign that says "Grandpa's Winery, No whining allowed"
I also bought some alphabet stickers, some Modge Podge and now I need to get an old map and then get the nerve to start >.<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imthecutest81
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2008 06:32:25 AM »

That is awesome!  I love the sign phrase. 

We painted our whole apartment in Oops paint.  I personally think it is awesome to get nice paint for $5/gallon.

I really need to pick up the pace with my projects and start finishing up some stuff.  I have about half of my scarves and stuff done but I wanted to make my BF a set of the super cute Teenage mutant ninja turtle guys.  We will see if I have the time, without him around to complete them.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
Molly.Connelly
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2008 11:54:36 AM »

that's my problem, making something for my bf since if I'm not at work I'm with him.
and the person that I wanted to make him a laptop case for is super swamped and can't make me one idk what to do Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lis547
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2008 01:16:00 PM »

hi everyone, i've been a long time lurker and i figured this thread is a good chance for me to get my feet wet in the community. so this year, goal was to make a present for family and friends. sadly, i decided on this goal towards mid-nov. so it doesn't really allow me a bunch of time to come up with a project and execute them before xmas. then of course, i failed to factor in finals... so here is my list:

* i've got about 5 scarves planned, one is a spiral one, one is connecting a bunch of little circles, one is connecting a bunch of small 5 sided granny squares, and not sure about the other two [so in total, i have one completed, two started, and not sure about two]

* i made a bunch of ami mice with catnip for my friend's cats

* i'm planning on making a simple afghan for grandparents and parents, but i'm running short on time. any ideas for something simple but goes beyond a plain stitch and can be completed in a day or two?

* i'm also thinking about making clutches for my little nieces and cousins [but i'm sure i'm gonna run out of time... and just revert back to my original ideas for them -- hats and scarves...]

* and lastly, i'm planning on making one of these totes [http://mamaspocketbook.com/freebies.htm] since i just got my sewing machine. i think this will just be an xmas gift to myself to congratulate the ending of another hectic holiday season.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog!

Etsy! -- be green and buy recycled materials

i <3 yarn Smiley
R-D-H
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2008 05:47:59 PM »

Lis547 I started late too and am not sure I'll finish on time, but I'm sure gonna try Grin

Let's see here goes the list (most are crochet items, but some are not):

Cross bookmark Brother's B-day near X-mas- Done
Ami Penguin- Done
Ami Snowman- Haven't started
Ami Frog- Haven't started
Ami White Elephant- Haven't started
Finger Puppets for Stocking Stuffers- Haven't started
Pencil Scarf for son's teacher- Need to Block
T-rex Dinosaur for son- WIP
Knit Fun Fur Scarf for niece- Done
Snowflake Scarf- WIP
Snowman Frame Ornament- WIP
Hello Kitty Hat for my baby niece- Haven't started
Snowflake Ornaments- WIP
Frog Bag for nephew- Haven't started

and maybe an Advent Snowman Face Calendar

Most of the gifts are for the Rob Your Neighbor Game that we play on Christmas every year at my mom's... so even if I don't get all of them done it's okay.

I'll post some of my FO's when I get the chance!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008 11:23:50 AM by ravanger » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting Pet Peeve #9:  Finding one of my stray hairs worked into one of my projects... Yes I love having a piece of me in everything I craft but I don't mean it literally Tongue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ugly Christmas Sweaters Are a Hot Commodity
How to Care for Leather and Suede
Chris Brown Adds A Shirt With Him And Rihanna To Clothing Line
Victoria Beckham Vs Nicole Richie: Who Wore Balenciaga Sweater Best?
Hot Hair Trends For This Holiday Season
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...