A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bathroom redecorated!  (Read 12094 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laura_anderton
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008 03:37:14 PM »

That color is gorgeous!! I would have never thought to use such a bright green. You were really daring and it totally paid off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008 03:54:57 PM »

Isn't it amazing what paint will do for a room? I love this room. I can't wait till I have a house that I can paint however I want.

It is totally amazing what paint will do!  I LOVE paint...ahh!!

That color is gorgeous!! I would have never thought to use such a bright green. You were really daring and it totally paid off!

Thank you so much!  It generally won't look quite as bright as in the photos because the vanity and ceiling lights aren't usually on at the same time.  I do agree though, the brightness could have gone very badly. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
sassy-pants
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008 05:00:15 PM »

That is the exact color green that I have in my bathroom!  Love it!  Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Ravelry!

Visit my blog to keep up on all of the crafting, cooking, and craziness that goes on!
Xadrian
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008 05:01:47 PM »

Hey that's my favorite color! I've always wanted to paint a room or wall with that color, but then I think just because I love the color it may not come out to well on a wall..but that bathroom looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Boon
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008 05:13:07 PM »

That looks so much better! Did you make the candle holders out of rubber tubes? They almost look like car filters
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbowmeow
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008 05:48:18 PM »

It's beautiful!  What is your wall art?  Did you make it?

Thank you!!

Unfortunately, no... Cheesy  I bought it.  It reminds me so much of acid-treated metal -- I couldn't resist.  I got it at Burlington Coat Factory.

LOL!  That's where I work!  I love the bathroom though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008 06:04:18 PM »

That is the exact color green that I have in my bathroom!  Love it!  Great job.

Thanks!!  Have you posted yours somewhere on Craftster?

Hey that's my favorite color! I've always wanted to paint a room or wall with that color, but then I think just because I love the color it may not come out to well on a wall..but that bathroom looks awesome!

I think it would be an awesome focal wall in a room, too.  Paint three walls one color and have this as the accent/focal.

That looks so much better! Did you make the candle holders out of rubber tubes? They almost look like car filters

Oooh, I didn't even notice that!  Actually, they're solid wood... well, I think they're solid.  They're kind of heavy.

It's beautiful!  What is your wall art?  Did you make it?

Thank you!!

Unfortunately, no... Cheesy  I bought it.  It reminds me so much of acid-treated metal -- I couldn't resist.  I got it at Burlington Coat Factory.

LOL!  That's where I work!  I love the bathroom though.

*gasp*  Do you get a discount?  If so, I'm jealous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
BlackResonance
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008 06:15:55 PM »

Gorgeous!!! I really like that green color and it makes the space look a lot bigger. Nice job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSleepyKnitter
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008 06:16:38 PM »

Congrats on babysweet4ever!!!! Motherhood is amazing. We adopted our pumpkin at six months old last December, and I think these last ten months have been the most challenging but absolutely the most wonderful of my life. Wouldn't trade the princess for anything in the world. :-)

And I looooove your bathroom transformation and want you to come do mine. :-) That green is my favorite color, and the copper colors in the wall hangings and candle holders are the perfect complement. As someone else said earlier, I love the way the room is so simple yet looks so "put together," very professional and modern. And yes, like a couple other people, I thought the wall hanging was illuminated cut glass. The wall hanging is my favorite thing in the photo. Everything looks terrific and perfect, and you're my hero for painting a bathroom two weeks before your baby is due. Amazing stamina!

Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adopting second "special needs" international baby, wanting cloth diapers to help cut expenses, will ===SWAP for cloth diapers===.
dancingrabbit
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008 08:59:00 PM »

Like everyone else, love the colors!  I sort of like all-white in a bathroom, but your redo has so much personality.

RE nesting, with my first, I painted the guest room walls and ceiling while I was in labor.  And with the second, I was hanging and mudding drywall.  Our joke is that with the third we're going to rip out and redo our kitchen.  It's a great way to pass the time.  The exercise brings the baby down into the pelvis AND you're thinking about something besides "When is this baby ever going to get here??"  Anyway, you're not the only one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The “Sock-Bun” Hair Fake-Out
Transform Your Face Shape with the Right Blowout
How to Keep Your Hair Color from Fading
Prive Salon Shows You How to Take a Pretty Braid from Day to Night
How to Get a Fishtail Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...