A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: French beaded flower jewelry set!  (Read 14534 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

__themidge
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008 06:51:07 PM »

These are absolutely stunning!   Shocked
I found this link.
I dunno if this is how these were made, but looks pretty close to me!

You got it! In fact, that site was very helpful to me when I started out. I use this french beaded flower technique along with a few others and my own little tricks and basic jewelry making knowledge. Smiley

I think I might have found my craft project for tonight! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008 07:05:27 PM »

These are absolutely stunning!   Shocked
I found this link.
I dunno if this is how these were made, but looks pretty close to me!

You got it! In fact, that site was very helpful to me when I started out. I use this french beaded flower technique along with a few others and my own little tricks and basic jewelry making knowledge. Smiley

I think I might have found my craft project for tonight! Cheesy

If you need help or advice about supplies or anything, send me a message! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

witchytree
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008 10:50:50 AM »

These are beautiful.  I like your choices of colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't make me release the flying monkeys.
KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008 11:38:10 AM »

the colours look so amazing
everything looks wonderful
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008 12:44:42 PM »

These are beautiful.  I like your choices of colors.

I hope that she likes them too! She just wanted pink and doesn't know about the topaz yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeltreats
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008 12:48:09 PM »

These are really beautiful, I think they look very vintage.  I am very jealous of your swap partner AND your talent.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2008 01:06:23 PM »

angeltreats, I do trades .
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008 01:09:58 PM by batgirl - Reason: to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

JennaDickes

Oh so tragically hip

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2008 06:10:21 PM »

Normally I'm not into bead crafts at all (they remind me of certain traumatizing events of my childhood  Undecided ), But these are gorgeous! The bead work doesn't overpower so that they actually look like flowers, and I love the colors you chose.

You should do a tutorial! I would love to try something like this but I have no idea how.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2008 06:50:43 PM »

Normally I'm not into bead crafts at all (they remind me of certain traumatizing events of my childhood  Undecided ), But these are gorgeous! The bead work doesn't overpower so that they actually look like flowers, and I love the colors you chose.

Yeah, I'm not a huge "bead" person either (though not because of childhood trauma), but I love this technique because it allows me to create flowers that are realistic, but so much better! For example, I just finished a commissioned bridal bouquet. The flowers are life-size and realistic in shape, but the bride got to choose colors that would not be found in nature, will get to keep the flowers forever, and the flowers are more gorgeous than the real thing because light catches on every little glass bead (and she has an outdoor wedding, so it's perfect!).

I don't plan on doing a tutorial any time really soon, but I can recommend books and online tutorials and give you advice on supplies and stuff if you like. Send me a PM if you're interested (I'm too lazy to type it all up here Tongue )

You should do a tutorial! I would love to try something like this but I have no idea how.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008 06:51:46 PM »

Yeah, I'm not a huge "bead" person either (though not because of childhood trauma), but I love this technique because it allows me to create flowers that are realistic, but so much better! For example, I just finished a commissioned bridal bouquet. The flowers are life-size and realistic in shape, but the bride got to choose colors that would not be found in nature, will get to keep the flowers forever, and the flowers are more gorgeous than the real thing because light catches on every little glass bead (and she has an outdoor wedding, so it's perfect!).

I don't plan on doing a tutorial any time really soon, but I can recommend books and online tutorials and give you advice on supplies and stuff if you like. Send me a PM if you're interested (I'm too lazy to type it all up here Tongue )

oops. My post got mixed into your quote. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Salmon with Creamy Teriyaki Sauce
How to Make Oriental Shrimp Soup
How to Make Nouvelle Pad Thai
Low Carb Lotus Root and Pork Sandwich
Kung Pao Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...