A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brigadeiros - traditional brazilian sweets  (Read 34370 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2009 10:55:04 PM »

I just finished making these for a gentleman friend for V-Day, and they were super easy! Also tasty...
So thanks for sharing the recipe with us! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Ainadaliel
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2009 06:11:09 AM »

Okay I tried making this THREE times, cooking it in a pan over the stove, over low heat, stirring constantly for 20 minutes.

They harden a bit on the plate, but when I roll them into balls, they never stay as balls...they seem to "melt". I always have to store them in the refrigerator, and they end up sort of flat on the paper cups Sad

What am I doing wrong?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

musicalcrafts
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2009 03:23:42 AM »

Hi Ainadaliel,
and folks still don't believe me when I say that the stovetop is harder to do!
Let me see what kind of hints I can give you:
1. If you need to chill them in order to roll, and they end up flat as soon as they reach room temperatures, they are definitely not done!
2. You mentioned low heat. Try medium.
3. Have you ever seen my coconut kisses thread? They are made on the stovetop, and the pictures illustrate the consistency of the dough pretty well. (Still, the right consistency is much easier to get with the kisses then with brigadeiros.
4. Please, don't give up! And if it still doesn't work, try adding some sweet cream and serving them in shot glasses. I think I posted a picture of that somewhere down there...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009 02:03:19 PM by musicalcrafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged
burnt muffin
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2009 08:11:27 AM »

Hi! I wanted to thank you for such a quick and delicious recipe. I also want to share something I believe I've descovered  Cheesy. The first time I made the recipe I did it just as yours, the condensed milk was at room temperature and when it was in the microwave oven it spilled a little.
Now I've just finished making a second batch, instead this time the condensed milk was stored in the fridge, I stored it in a plastic container with a lid... But I've used this recipe twice and none of them have spilled, even though the second second batch was waaayy bigger that the normal recipe!  Grin

hope you find this useful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MatthewsMommy0407
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2009 08:17:36 AM »

I just made these and they are wonderful...I changed the recipe to what I have on hand (I used 2 oz unsweetened chocolate) and it still came out wonderfully. I cooked it on my stove top because I don't have a mic safe dish large enough to hold the eruption and cooked it until it looked like the last shiny beautiful pic in your tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pink Hickey
Pheonix Princess

I sew in high heels...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2009 09:58:11 PM »

Do you have the recipe for the Strawberry? I can't find it anywhere!!! I really wanna try it!
<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry Potter will be in my heart forever.
halva
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2009 12:14:28 PM »

That looks so good and so easy to make!  I love finding recipes with condensed milk in them, cause their cheap but mainly because they are delicious.

Have you ever tried an Avocado Milkshake? So good. You can find them at many Vietnamese deli's but you can make them at home with this recipe here: http://www.travelerslunchbox.com/journal/2006/5/31/the-secret-life-of-avocados.html

Also, here's a great blog posts of the many things you can do with condensed milk: http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/03/grocery-ninja-uses-for-condensed-milk.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lellanunes
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2009 12:08:59 AM »

HI!!!!!!! I'm Brazilian, and i can say that this is one of the most popular, easy-making, and delicious sweets we have here. It's easier making it on the microwave, but i preffer cooking it directly on a pan. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thefireninja
« Reply #158 on: June 08, 2009 05:52:22 PM »

just finished my batch of brigadeiros.  i made them for a class party.  i have a pretty high watt microwave, so i only had them in for a bout 3:30 'cuz i did not want to burn them.  at first i thought that i didn't have them in long enough, but after they cooled and were shaped, they are staying fine.  they will be in the fridge for another day (the party isn't until wednesday).  i tasted one.  they are so good!  not burnt at all.  i dont know what undercooked would taste like, but they taste like brownies!  thanks for sharing!!!!  <3 <3   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JellY_ShrimP
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2009 11:32:24 AM »

So they're like microwavable Mexican truffles?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Sartorialist Sizzle Reel
Photographing in Places of Worship - Photography Tips
Capturing Details in Architecture Photography
Bryant Austin on the Scale of a Life-Size Whale Photograph
X-Ray Art Captures Inner Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...