A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Odd Ball Yarn Swap R3: Signups CLOSED- Sendouts Dec. 5, 2008  (Read 9591 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2008 10:50:08 PM »

about the time my hubby starts to feel like it is too much going on, I get a package with something in it for him or that he can use, and he feels a bit better for a while.

I think of something for him to get and ask for that from my partner every so often, and I will get things for one of the girls every so often, so he doesn't feel like it is just me - which reduces his angst about postage  Wink

Ronda
Blessings!

Very clever! Is there a trinket that could be sent along with this swap? Just so more yarn will be allowed in the house?  Wink

hehehe - he likes anything to do with the Iowa Hawkeyes football team, or little trinkety knick knacky things of the USMC or VFW - once a Marine always a Marine is very true, and now he is older and retired from active duty he is spending almost as much time at the VFW as he does at home, LOL!  But no worries - he is getting something in one of the packages that I will be getting in the next couple of weeks or so - a lovely patriotic bag for his little bits and bobs to get packed up in when he goes visiting.  Grin 

He of course also likes girls to look at but I don't encourage that too much, LOL!  Roll Eyes He got an air freshener for his car once though...

anything smooth things over for anyone else?  Cheesy

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
CheyElizabeth
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2008 07:05:49 AM »

Yay! And, since I'm feeling rather brain dead right now, I might actually start winding up some little balls of yarn Wink

I just have to figure out my "winding math." If 1 yard is 3 feet, then 10 yards is 30 feet. So, if I cut a piece of cardboard that is 1 foot long, then I will get 2 feet per "wrap," so 15 wraps (with maybe an extra wrap for wiggle room) should be just what I need. Then, I just need to wind it up into a cute little ball Wink

That is a fantastic idea!  I'll be doing the same =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imthecutest81
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2008 07:07:45 AM »

Hey all!!

I am super excited about the swap.  This will be my first one and I am looking forward to getting some new yarn/inspiration for projects.

~Jessica~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
CheyElizabeth
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2008 07:08:38 AM »

I just signed up and I'm stoked for this swap! I recently discovered repunzel scarves and now all my friends want one, so I'm making a ton for christmas =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daniethanas
Wife, Sister, Daughter, Friend, Crocheter

Hookin' like a fiend these days...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2008 09:46:30 AM »

I'm going to be winding my little balls up soon so that I can send out soon after partners are sent. I got a yarn-ball winder, so whoever I send to will be getting lil' cakes! Smiley

Another thing that comes in handy... I taped my tape measure to my desk at 3 ft. (approx. 1 yard) and just counted out 10 lengths the last time before winding the balls. I think I did like... 10.5 or something just to be sure. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imthecutest81
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2008 09:55:53 AM »

Another thing that comes in handy... I taped my tape measure to my desk at 3 ft. (approx. 1 yard) and just counted out 10 lengths the last time before winding the balls. I think I did like... 10.5 or something just to be sure. Smiley

Good Idea.  I need to bust out my tape measure and start making some balls.

~Jessica~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
cowgirlz101
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2008 02:11:31 PM »

my bf never tells me i can't swap....he's happy of course that stuff is leaving~~little does he know, that stuff comes back for me! hahhhhahahahahhah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One moment can change everything!

Live your life to the fullest every day!

Let your past remain behind you as you look forward to the future!
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2008 04:33:32 PM »

I'm going to be winding my little balls up soon so that I can send out soon after partners are sent. I got a yarn-ball winder, so whoever I send to will be getting lil' cakes! Smiley

I have a ball winder, but someone in the last round said the amount was too small, so I didn't try it. Let me know if yours works- I may try it in the future!

And, brilliant idea to put the tape measure on the table. Much easier than winding it around a box!!

And, we're getting more swappers! Yay!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
myklia
« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2008 05:31:51 PM »

Yay for new swappers, even a first timer.  What a great first swap to start off with too.  Quick and easy and more yarn to play with. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2008 06:38:31 PM »

I am packing up the bag of stuff that I'm taking with me tomorrow- I have a ton of projects to work on for school, but I'll be doing some ball winding as it gets late in the evening!

So, I'll be gone all day tomorrow (I might check in before I leave), so if you send me a PM, I won't be able to get to it until Sunday morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set Image Quality Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Manual Mode (M)
Canon SD770 IS: Set ISO Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Format Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Flash Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...