A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,860
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sewing and Fabric Design Classes in Toledo!  (Read 2047 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2008 11:25:01 AM »

This is so exciting!
Starting November 10th I will begin teaching classes at the Hancock Fabrics store in Monroe Street in Starlight Plaza. I guess it is technically in Sylvania but close enough!
On the 10th I will be teaching Sewing Machine Maintenance and Troubleshooting. It will cover how to clean and oil the entire machine, and how frequently it should be done depending on how frequently you use the machine. I will also cover troubleshooting and tips to keep your machine sewing perfectly every time you use it.
On the 17th I will be teaching Serger Maintenance and Troubleshooting. It will basically be the same agenda as the sewing machine class, but for sergers.
On the 24th I will be teaching a "Fabric Design Sampler". I will be showing examples of stenciling, stamping, screen printing, batiking, tie dying, resist painting, and painting. I will be showing you how to do some of these with household staples as well as where you can buy the supplies that are not. Also, student will have the opportunity to try one of these techniques.
For now those are the only three classes but I hope to be doing many, many more! I would love more than anything to teach classes for some of the specific fabric design techniques but I can only do that if people are interested. If you have any class suggestions or would like to learn how to do something by all means PM me! If you do not like the classroom setting I also offer in home lessons for just about anything sewing or fiber arts related.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hetobeto
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008 01:17:27 PM »

Oh, I wish your classes weren't on Mondays!  I'm totally interested in learning more about fabrics and sewing and different techniques, but Mondays don't work for me.

Is there a schedule online, or will you updated this thread with additional classes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008 04:49:37 PM »

I don't have a schedule online and I have not had too much interest in the classes so far, but tell me when the best day or time would be for you. I am trying to get as much feedback as possible on these classes so I can schedule them conveniently and offer more classes that more people will come to. Also, the fabric design class is now going to be a free demo!! I've decided that the best way to bring people in is to offer a free demo class and then pass out a super short survey, so if you can please come. I promise it wont disappoint!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frabjousfrocks

fair.fabulous.joyous.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008 10:41:12 PM »

The free fabric design demo has been pushed back to Saturday December 6th at noon. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Q&A: How To Make Lips Look Fuller, Fave Face Tanners And Best Eyeliners
How to Use the BeautyBlender Makeup Application Tool
Ginnifer Goodwin on Making Her Own Shampoo and Not Growing Out Her Hair
Spring Eyeshadow Trend: Smokey Blue Lids And Bright Liners
Christina Ricci Talks Beauty and Fashion
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...