A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,348
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buy Nothing Swap Round 3 Sign ups closed, send out EXTENDED to 11/24/08  (Read 13268 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muria
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2008 08:26:40 AM »

I think I found enough fabric for my first project.  Smiley  Once I get it cut out, it shouldn't take long at all. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
amnesia
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2008 11:37:43 AM »

Wow -- some of you are so fast!  With work and life getting busy this time of year, I think I'm going to need all the time we have to put the package together to send... I can't wait to see what others have put together though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2008 08:27:29 AM »

I finally got started yesterday. I am looking forward to working hard this weekend to get my first item done. I hope everyone has a very productive weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
kayrun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2008 10:00:57 AM »

I have to keep reminding myself that I DO have until the 21st to send.  All you early birds make me nervous!   Wink

Same here!
LOL
Better get busy this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

currently crafting for ....
Bday Swap
sunspotted
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2008 03:18:49 PM »

Well I have gathered my colours together at least.  If I could just manage to stay awake past 8:30 some night, I might get started.  Damn cold!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
kwality570
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2008 11:41:43 AM »

This has proven to be more difficult than I thought!  Does anyone else keep thinking, "I just need to get _____."  I do think the challenge is fun, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2008 12:17:36 PM »

Does anyone else keep thinking, "I just need to get _____."  I do think the challenge is fun, though.

I was just thinking this last night!  I was working away and frogged a bunch, restarted, frogged some more.  I kept thinking if I just had...

Then I realized it was just a bad day for crafting and went to bed.  I feel better but I'm still itching to shop.  I think I have a problem, maybe a 12 step program is in order....

Hello, my name is RhymeswOrange and I am a craft supply shopping addict.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2008 08:49:56 PM »

Well, I have one thing done for my partner. I am making some progress. Still working on another, and I think I will have to make something else too. I have too many ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
kstaron
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2008 10:07:21 AM »

I caught myself several times thinking If I could run over to the craft store and get _____ then i'd be all set. 

With the grow a bag I made Kayrun I wanted to go to the store about 8 times.

First i looked over by 16 inch box of fabric on despair. I seem to be nearly out of the colors she liked.  After crossing my eyes a few times I realized the teal prom dress and the remnant asian print would go together thanks to the little teal flowers in the print.

Then I wanted to use teal ribbon but blew the last of it on the journal so I hunted through my ribbon supply drawer (I've got a whole drawer and that doesn't include stuff in bags for ongoing projects, did I really need to go to the store??!) and found the purple ribbon. since the pattern accent fabric has purple flowers i thought it would work. 

I was dying to go to the craft store for the buttons but then remembered these little clear beads that were really shank buttons up with my beading supplies.  I painted then to make them match and used random buttons on the inside of the fabric to make sure the little suckers stayed put and didn't rip out the fabric.   

I had similar cravings for the store for the other bag but managed to do a decent job painting the fabric.

I loved crafting for this swap.  there is something liberating about makingit from the stuff I already have!

I'm following this same BND principle for most of my holiday crafting.  so far I've done over a dozen gifts completely from stash and several more mostly from stash. Need to stash bust before my closet busts open.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yelutci

Gus, don't be a giant snapping turtle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2008 10:10:22 AM »

I've got the _____ _____ done and now I've started work on the ______. I hope to have some more time to work while DH is away for work later this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've heard it both ways.

I'm looking to swap some knit &/or crocheted crafts for handmade CP/HP soap.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Bugs Bunny
How to Draw a Turkey
How to Draw Swampfire from Ben 10 Alien Force
How to Draw Bloom from Winx Club
How to Draw Phanpy from Pokemon
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...