A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buy Nothing Swap Round 3 Sign ups closed, send out EXTENDED to 11/24/08  (Read 11713 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javede
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008 05:21:14 AM »

I'm really tempted to sign up since this swap totally fits in with my new resolution to only craft from my stash instead of buying new supplies all the time  Cheesy
But I will have to think about it a bit because I wanted to start crafting for christmas before starting any new swaps...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
photochickkds

"I love swaps!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008 07:52:52 AM »

oooh i know what you mean. i try using what i have then worry ill run out and stock up again lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I feel when I'm old I'll look at you and know the world was beautiful"

MAJOR ETSY SALE!
HELP ME CLEAR OUT MY STOCK!!! EVERYTHING MAJORLY DISCOUNTED!!!
www.redsundesigns.etsy.com
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008 08:20:31 AM »

The only way I'm foiled by this is if someone wants something knit and is allergic to wool, hates cotton and only wants silk.  Then, I'll have to invent a new craft, stat.

Smiley

Ooo That's harsh lapoli!
I'm 100% allergic to wool, I'm suspicious about mohair as it is a bit itchy on me also, I like cotton but 100% cotton doesn't make the best hats, I prefer alpaca/silk, cotton/acrylic, and nylon/acrylic blends. So my question is, would you have yarn for me if you got stuck with me? LOL Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008 08:43:28 AM »

I do have limited types of other yarns, but wool and cotton are easier to stash.  Silk is expensive and it's more difficult to justify keeping around without a project already in mind, you know? 

BUT--the larger point is that I'm crafty and I'd think of something, don't worry! Smiley

(And I totally didn't mean to be offensive to anyone with wool allergies!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008 08:58:36 AM »

I'm really tempted to sign up since this swap totally fits in with my new resolution to only craft from my stash instead of buying new supplies all the time  Cheesy
But I will have to think about it a bit because I wanted to start crafting for christmas before starting any new swaps...

me, too!  this is so ideologically on for me, but I also need to commit to xmas gift-making from the stash..i'm sure i will cave if I get a swap spot open by the 2nd...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeapFeetFirst
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008 12:32:29 PM »

I just sent in my info! I am super excited about this swap. I have a shopping bag full of polymer clay that needs to be made into something!! I hope someone wants some clay jewelry or artwork Grin

I am looking forward to the challenge of buying nothing for this swap. I've never done a swap completely from my stash (well, except for the fill-a-box stashbuster swap, but that doesn't count)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008 01:38:35 PM »

I just sent in my info! I am super excited about this swap. I have a shopping bag full of polymer clay that needs to be made into something!! I hope someone wants some clay jewelry or artwork Grin

I am looking forward to the challenge of buying nothing for this swap. I've never done a swap completely from my stash (well, except for the fill-a-box stashbuster swap, but that doesn't count)

I'd be happy with a bag of clay! Ha! My clay stash is probably the only dwindling stash I have. Certainly I have plenty of yarn, just like lapoli I think I could make something for nearly anyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008 02:47:30 PM »

I am really tempted to join.  I am quite sure I can make something for a partner only from what I have on hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008 03:06:27 PM »

I do have limited types of other yarns, but wool and cotton are easier to stash.  Silk is expensive and it's more difficult to justify keeping around without a project already in mind, you know? 

BUT--the larger point is that I'm crafty and I'd think of something, don't worry! Smiley

(And I totally didn't mean to be offensive to anyone with wool allergies!!!)

Don't worry I wasn't offended lol and I totally understand stashing wool and cotton. I'm probably a minority and i didnt even know I was allergic to wool until earlier this year! I'm an acrylic stasher because of how cheap it is so I didn't know i was allergic to wool until I got some paton's wool that was on sale and made a hat. Although I really should have known because I have absurdly sensitive skin, 90% of what is in the bath/body aisles in any store I cannot use without breaking out into a rash. Sad
Anywho, maybe we should be partners just for the challenge lol Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
tazzell
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008 06:49:07 PM »

Oh I loved this swap last time and I think my family loved it too as it meant I cleared out a quite a few bits Cheesy  Off to do my questionnaire right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taz

'Life must be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards' - Soren Kierkegaard

My wists
http://www.wists.com/tazzell
My blog
http://cutitandpinit.blogspot.com/

Trends may come and go but I'll always be a crafter.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Skating and Photography
Photographing Wildlife
Photographing Big Cats
High Resolution Photography Part 1
Bowens Lighting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...