A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
346 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: No Coast Craft-a-thon Needs You!  (Read 849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pumpkingirl
« on: October 24, 2008 08:57:10 AM »

Hey, Crafter!  We want you for the first ever No Coast Craft-a-Thon Upcycle Challenge!   

What is it?
No Coast Craft-a-Thon is a competitive event that pits up to four teams of crafters against each other in a battle to upcycle materials into the baddest, raddest handcrafted item they can dream up and pull together in 45 minutes. Crafting is now a spectator sport!

Each team will receive a set of broken-in materials (Smurf bed sheets?  Mismatched melamine plates?  Vintage acrylic yarns from Aunt Madge's stash?  Who knows what wonders await!) and some supplies (such as a sewing machine, needles and thread, glue gun, etc.) with which to create their fantastic upcycled product.  Each team will receive a similar set of materials and supplies to work with, although each material set will be somewhat unique due to the nature of thrifted/used materials.  The material set's contents will remain a mystery until the teams step onstage.

Once the teams tear into their material sets, the games begin!  There are no guidelines on what teams create.  The world's most fabulous tote?  A tailored jumpsuit?  A life-size soft-sculpture bust of Elvis?  Show off your craft chops! 

After 45 minutes of hard-core competitive craft action, each team will present their upcycled craft to the panel of judges (and legions of adoring fans). Judges will grade the products on originality, functionality, craftsmanship and best use of materials.

Whats at stake?
Fame and fortune!  The winning No Coast Craft-a-Thon team will take home an array of fabulous prizes from awesome sponsors like Janome, Craft Zine, Venus, Sublime Stitching, indie boutique Truly, Crafty Planet, and more, (as well as the pride of earning the coveted title of No Coast Craft-a-Thon Champions).   In addition, the winning upcycled craft will be displayed at Crafty Planet!

When is it?
No Coast Craft-a-Thon will take place at 2:00 on December 6, 2008, during No Coast Craft-o-Rama.

Where is it?
No Coast Craft-a-Thon will take place smack dab in the middle of the Midtown Global Market on the plaza stage.

Sign me up!
Everyone is eligible to enter!  Put together an all-star team of four; then email us at craftathon@gmail.com by November 7 to tell us why your team deserves a chance to become the First No Coast Craft-a-Thon Champs. Up to four teams will be selected by the No Coast Craft-o-Rama jury based on creativity of response and team members' crafty credentials. Its on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
trishie
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008 11:06:26 AM »

Minnesota craft geniuses, there's still a spot for a team to compete so we've extended the deadline! let us know by December 1 if you and a friend (or two, or three) want to compete for giveaways such as Janome sewing machines, craftyplanet gift certificates, Sublime Stitching kits, and more!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
beelisty
bitchin' stitcher

* <3 *

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008 02:04:05 PM »

i am not looking to join the challenge, but am available to volunteer some time that saturday morning if volunteers are needed Smiley  PM me if you need helpers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make my portrait patterns using PC Stitch.

let me listen to me & not to them.--gertrude stein

gallery: http://www.beelisty.com
blog: http://beelisty.wodpress.com
group blog: http://queercraft.wordpress.com
shop: http://epeolatry.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Perfectly Wrap an Awkward Shaped Gift
How to Create a Fabric Bow to Decorate a Gift
How to Create a Gift Tag Using Wrapping Paper
How to Stitch Seams Together
How to Replace Yarn
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...