A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
348 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Kit Swap Round 11  (Read 4909 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

danceisthenewmosh
Photographs may not lie, but liars may photograph

Kissing Toby Goodbye

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008 04:23:25 PM »

Wow.  Just Wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apologies to whoever were upset by my absent.  I was in and out of the hospital from December 2007 until June 2008.
Bolshy Walshy.
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2008 01:54:23 AM »

I am so happy that you received - could you tell by the packing tape that I was in a rush to post? I ran to the post office, thinking it shut at 4, when really it shut at 5 *silly*

I had NO idea you could knit a flower... But then, I can barely knit a scarf...  Tongue

Bah, it's much easier to knit a flower, than it is to knit a scarf - scarves are so boring!!

Oh, and I just found my book on crystals (Daddy painted my room so I had to clear everything out  Cheesy)  so I'll look for those "un-named" crystals so that you know what they're called Smiley

I'm really pleased that you liked everything Smiley

Grace

Edit: It's so weird to see that jewellery kit in someone elses house Tongue
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008 05:51:19 AM by Bolshy Walshy. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps, PM me Smiley

Would be willing to swap nearly anything for 30's-50's women's dress patterns, waist 26"
ChrisSews
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008 06:27:23 PM »

Well since my partner is MIA and hasn't posted I thought I'd but up some pics of what I sent. 

My partner is a senior in high school and asked for a scrapbook kit with things related to graduation, prom, and school stuff.  Her school colors are maroon and silver.  So I spruced up a maroon album with her graduation year. 

Then for the inside I made up two sets each containing 10-20 full page sheets, lots of smaller coordinating paper, velum and sticker phrases, letters, stickers, ribbon, fancy yarn,  pens, etc.  The 1st is mostly graduation theme and school themed (which all seemed to be black and white and silver) I added some more silver and maroon for her school colors.

The second set is more colorful (in case black and white was too boring by itself) and is based on the colors in the some best friend paper I found in pinks, blues, yellows, and purples. 

Finally I included some glue sticks, stencils for frames, shapes, and letters, and decorative scissors in a soft case I made for them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my projects, ideas, and swap wish list at...
http://pinterest.com/cmsargent/
darkladymajesta
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2008 07:24:16 PM »

Sorry it has taken me so long to post photos! I finally got some good light and got a few photos! These can not show the awesome package I got from danceisthenewmosh!

First the extras, since there are so many!
The yummy hot chocolate and some interesting popcorn, my friend and I are going to get together to try it XD

A cute stuffed animal to color and some pirate treasure.

Some amazing cards

A little snow globe, notice the finger for scale (I do not have man hands)

And finally, the actual kit! Everything I need to make candles! A thermometer and everything. I think I will try some over the break  Cool

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008 07:26:53 PM by darkladymajesta » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lelly.pants

always up for personal swaps :)

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008 05:04:15 AM »

I recieved from Cya this morning.
I did a stupid thing and brought it into work....... Not getting anything done now lol.
I've been really really spoiled. I'll post pictures later  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2008 06:22:11 AM »

Awesome extras!! The candle kit looks like fun, I made candles when I was in girl scouts, we melted crayons they were fun.

ChrisSews, that is a nice scrapbooking kit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2008 12:03:16 PM »

Awesome extras!! The candle kit looks like fun, I made candles when I was in girl scouts, we melted crayons they were fun.

ChrisSews, that is a nice scrapbooking kit!

Yeah, I have made candle crayons before, but that was the extent of my candle making abilities. I can't wait to try this out! It is just in time for Christmas gifts too. Unfortunately my parents have taken over the kitchen for the turkey... so Ill have to wait a little bit  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bolshy Walshy.
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2008 04:18:39 PM »

I received!! And on my birthday!! (Yesterday, 27th November - I turned eighteen Cheesy)
I didn't take pictures as I was opening it, I had friends round for a small party so I forgot Tongue
But here are the pictures after the friends departed:

A pretty project bag - very well made, might I add!

Huck weaving instructions, embroidery thread, huck towelling

A needle book - this image is from a necklace on my wists, I liked the necklace so much because it reminded me of the women's suffrage propaganda in England, so it's lovely to see it embroidered - I assume it's hand embroidered, but the stitches are all so tiny and uniform! I could never embroider like that!!

Workbasket magazines!! I don't think we had these in England, so they'll make for an interesting read Smiley They also have some cute crochet patterns, too

Crochet hook roll! With thread snips, crochet hooks, and tape measure. That little grey hook is actually mine, I was just excited that I had somewhere to put it Tongue

10mm!!!  Think of all the scarves I'll make with this  Shocked

Thankyou so much, I really enjoyed this swap, and I'm glad I had you as a swap partner (especially as it was my first swap:))

Grace
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps, PM me Smiley

Would be willing to swap nearly anything for 30's-50's women's dress patterns, waist 26"
85%confusion
I suffer from CADD: Crafting Attention Deficit Disorder.

With enough caffiene, I could rule the world.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008 05:07:59 PM »

Yay! I'm so glad it arrived. I was beginning to go into panic mode thinking it was lost somewhere!

As for the crochet hooks - I had NO idea what sizes you already had, so I just grabbed a few that I commonly use, but if there are any specific sizes you need, please let me know - I'd be more than happy to send some more along! =)

And Happy Birthday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.

www.OneCraftyChickadee.etsy.com

Find me on facebook!

My flickr has swap spoilers!!! Partners, you have been warn
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2008 05:44:55 PM »

Nice huck weaving kit. Happy birthday too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland at Work
Meet Ebru Artist Bingul Sevimli
Ebru Demonstration by Bingul Sevimli
Meet Painter and Art Gallery Owner Adnan Aybek
Canvas Painting Lesson with Adnan Aybek
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...