A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Best Button Maker  (Read 1294 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
swiss miss

I'm a knitter, crocheter, and basic crafty wannabe

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2005 07:17:59 PM »

I don't know where to put this, I found one convo that was making suggestions on what NOT to buy..

I was wondering if anyone can help me find an affordable, easy to use, and working button maker. I am the webdesigner for a friends' band, http://www.derbyband.com, and I want to help them out by designing buttons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Smiley

I'm not a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005 07:53:00 PM »

www.buttonsonline.com sells the best button makers, but they are quite expensive.  My benchpress machine just arrived yesterday!  So I'm rather excited.  But yeah, I don't know if you'd call it "affordable" exactly but it is definitely the best machine out there.

I think that if you want to help out your friend you'd be better off designing a button and getting it made by someone else (like me!  I'm actually not trying to drum up business here, because I'm sure you could find someone local to do it, and I truly think that is the best option rather than buying a cheap button maker that doesn't work well).

Visit my blog, fingers and toes
I am too a queen--my pantyhose say so!

God save the queen-sized!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005 08:38:22 PM »

I was very interested in the tecre button maker but the $200 price tag put it out of range for me right now. I shopped eBay and located a badge-a-minit
bench press that made both 1 1/4" and 2 1/4" buttons that came with circle cutters & 100 parts for around $120.  I know there have been some complaints about the badge-a-minit hand presses but I found that after making 30 buttons, I knew what I was doing & didn't have many mistakes. The ones that didn't turn out were the ones where I didn't pay attention to the allignment of the button while it was inside the holder prior to pressing or the ones where I cut the circles by hand & they were smaller than they should have been. I would recommend the badge-a-minit bench press as a lower priced alternative (you can get one with only the 1 1/4" or the 2 1/4" set for less than $100). It's a good way to get started and you don't have to sell a million buttons to break even. I figure if I stay interested (short attention span crafter that I am) I can always upgrade and resell the model I have on eBay. If I don't, I can sell the buttons I make with the free parts they sent & break even. Since I only really like the smaller buttons I am going to take the pins out of the larger buttons, add cheap magnets to the back & use them that way. I have no doubt that a $200 machine is better than a $100 machine but for my purpose this works fine. I've ordered more parts already & am enjoying using the machine I have. Hope this helps!

It's all true.
(Except of course, for the lies.)
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005 02:43:06 PM »

I would HIGHLY recommend American Button Machines:
They are super nice, and have some of the lowest prices!  I am on a first name basis with the sales dude. =)  He is so helpful, and they will send you samples, if you'd like!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005 04:34:34 PM by buttonarcade » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005 09:15:46 PM »

thanks for posting this site, button arcade, i'm checking it out right now. but i think your link was a bit faulty.

"I already made like an infinite of those at scout camp..." -Napoleon Dynamite
JOCOLE: extra-long modest shirts! personalized tyvek creations (including iPod cases) and unique compact pocket mirrors. sterling silver jewelry.

Modest clothing, tyvek wallets, recipe boxes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005 02:57:47 PM »

i 2nd american button machines . .  . i have their 2 1/4" machine and i love it, their customer service rocks, and their button supply prices are half the prices of (STUPID) Badge-A-Minit (yes, they are awful)

JOCOLE:  Extra-long modest shirts!
Personalized tyvek wallet and zipper pouches, custom recipe boxes.

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Get Kylie Jenner Lips
Get a Perfect Red Lip in 3 Minutes
Kendall Jenner Gets Dream Modeling Gig
Expert Secrets to Applying Foundation Perfectly Every Time
Kylie Jenner Reveals Her Surprisingly Affordable Travel Beauty Bag
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...