A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Blanket  (Read 7463 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thadine
« on: October 23, 2008 04:36:22 PM »

Anyone interested in joining me in a baby blanket knitalong? Any size, any pattern - I just want some company Smiley

I have just started what I hope to be a 1 square meter moss stitch blanket. It took me half an hour to cast on (cause I'm using 4-ply yarn and small needles)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008 05:52:25 PM »

I'm actually roughly in the middle of a baby blanket, if that counts!  I'm doing a patchwork of Bobbles the Sheep dishcloth squares and moss stitch squares (white sheep, blue moss), that I'm eventually going to seam together.  I find it a much more fulfilling way to knit baby blankets.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
thadine
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008 10:05:30 PM »

Halfway through is fine  Grin

I just realised I didn't describe my blankie at all... I was just amazed at how long it took to cast on  Embarrassed

It's a bright orange wool moss stitch square. Super simple! Depending on how I feel and how it looks, I might put some kind of edging around it.

The sheep and moss sounds so cute. Makes me want to do another one with green hills, blue sky, and sheep somehow stuck on top of the grass... but must restrain myself to only 1 project at a time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008 02:41:32 PM »

I cast on my 5th (and last) Bobbles yesterday, though I'm not very far along with it.  I need to get jumping on the blue squares, as I have 3 left.  Here's a finished Bobbles:

And here's where I am with the last one:

It's Caron Simply Soft, not sure if I said that, before.  This actually started out as a striped garter st. blanket, but I was about to claw my eyes out after the second stripe.  I'd just finished one of those for a co-worker, and all that knit stitch was driving me mad.  I need to learn Continental.  I think that'd make it a lot more bearable.  So, anyway, I'd been knitting a dishcloth for a swap, and it was so easy and fun (it was the cabled owl pattern, knit on the bias), I got the idea to do this, so I frogged the stripes, or rather DH did, and here we are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Amarillys
Will knit for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008 10:47:37 AM »

I just found out one of my good friend is pregnant and I'm planning to knit her a baby blanket so I may join you (I have a few Christmas projects to finish first). I'm still trying to decide which yarn and which pattern to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaders
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008 11:53:54 AM »

i'm 2/3 of the way through  the super easy baby blanket from purlbee.
i hate that stupid blanket so so much.
i'd be willing to keep company though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008 11:59:15 AM »

Ahhh!
I am almost done with this [see below] blanket for my cousin's baby! I'm using a yummy green color + white!
http://wishingiwasknitting.blogspot.com/2007/02/feather-and-fan-rainbow-baby-blanket.html

Plus I just found out another cousin is pregnant, so I'll be starting another blanket soon!

Great idea :]

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lunasblue
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008 04:39:33 PM »

can I join x2? A beloved co worker and his wife are expecting twins!!!! I found this awesome pattern I've used before (2 years ago for my sisters friend - "the be-ribboned blanket" - I'll look around to find the pattern and post here  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lunasblue
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008 04:51:27 PM »

http://www.knitlist.com/96gift/giftberibblanket.htm
This was it! super simple and so cute - no pics to post but I will definitely post this time around  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
britnlind

It's done. I just need to start.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008 05:11:49 PM »

How is everyone doing with thier blankets? I have a friend where the baby is already here but babys can always use another blanket, right?

I had started the blanket on the back of the yarn patter and it was driving me nuts so I figured I would find a pretty lace pattern and use regualr yarn to make a pretty blanket that wouldn't bore me to tears. I'm loving this. The pattern I am using is Queen Anne's Lace by MMario in a soft baby pink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Ready With Me: Fall Makeup Look
Essential Oils – Fab or Fad?
Taylor Swift VMAs Makeup Tutorial
DIY Half Moon Mani
Glamour Surprises Fan with an Elevator Makeover
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...