A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ghostbuster, Little Mermaid, prince and princess costumes  (Read 1228 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

punkypenguin42
« on: October 22, 2008 11:43:48 AM »

These are some of the Halloween costumes my mom made when I was little.

Little Mermaid Costume.
I am not sure what year this costume is, but I think I'm in second grade because that is when I cut my own hair. It was really long. Ok on to the costume. The tail had a metallic looking green mesh. It really made the tail shimmer. I also like the fake rhinestones my mom used for the jewelry. And of course there is a Crown. Almost all of my costumes had a crown.

Ghost Busters Rock! This was a cool costume. My mom took a simple jump suit pattern and turned it into the coolest ghost busters costume ever. It has a velcro panel in the front, when pulled down, reveled insides (ie bones, heart, etc.). The costume was basically a ghost dressed up as a ghost buster. I wish I had a picture of the panel, so you could see what I am talking about. My mom made the ghost buster symbol out of felt. Bro even had a proton pack. My dad took a toy proton pack similar to this one, and painted it to make it look more authentic.

Prince and Princess Costumes! I don't know what year this is from either. I guess my parents didn't think to put the years on the back of pictures. But its cool that my bro and I had a theme. Easier for mom! We loved to play with the horses long after Halloween was over. What was cool about these costumes was the two for one deal. Not only were you a princess or prince, but a horse too! I liked the horses because they had elastic so they stayed around our waists without us having to hold them. I think if they had been stick horses we wouldn't want to carry them while trick or treating. I really like my bros, the silver material really looks like armor. He even has a helmet!

Check out my blog for more of my costumes. http://craftydoodads.blogspot.com/2008/10/halloween-part-2.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are going to wish...wish big!!
http://craftydoodads.blogspot.com
kitschbitch
Stitchin'

Music, crafts, and dogs...all good.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008 01:17:51 PM »

LOVE these....ESPECIALLY the horse ones!  I have to make this for my nieces when they are a bit bigger (i.e., can walk, haha!)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thriftjunkie

if patience started a band, i'd be her biggest fan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008 03:10:31 PM »

Oh man, my mom made those horses for us too! It must have been a popular pattern. My sister wore them out again for Halloween when she was about 16!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saralynne
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008 05:08:11 PM »

Awesome! My mom made the mermaid costume for my sister forever ago. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 13/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 10/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 11/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 14/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 15/29
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...