A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a short, no-hassle style with curly hair -- possible?  (Read 8121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blackstar
marathon sleeper

ha...my sunglasses are bigger than yours!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2005 06:07:54 AM »

i am having the same problem guys! except i'm sure my hair is even harder to deal with (check out my icon picture), that is how thick my hair is naturally, no teasing or whatever except its even longer now!!
and i want to cut it short because its so hard to deal with plus its so hot in the summer anywayz!
but i don't want to cut it and have the stereotypical "afro".
this is me (i don't even know if short hairstyles would look good on me cuz my face is so long and narrow)

i wish my hair could look something like this....

but even if i cut it, it will still be curly...and that will look weird
anyway bottom line....DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS FOR BLACK/MIXED GIRLS? or good short hairstyles?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005 06:34:10 AM by blackstar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*wise men follow their own direction*~
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2005 10:52:59 PM »

Your hair would look cute short. Mine isn't as thick and course as yours, but defiantely as curly. I too want straight hair that I can funky mohawks and such but you gotta love what you got. If you cut your hair it will be sooooooooooo much easier. I wore my hair short for around 6 years and am only growing it because my husband begged me. You'd be suprised at how much more manegable short hair is. I actually could spike mine because they cut all the curls off. Look up short hair styles on the internet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2005 01:06:16 AM »

honestly, if you cut it as short as hot mohawk girl, it would probably be pretty similar. i've had hair all different lengths, and when it's that short, you really don't have a whole lot of curl. and while it's true that my hair might be different since i'm white, hot mohawk girl is black, white and mexican (and yes, i'm addicted to america's next top model).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
blackstar
marathon sleeper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2005 11:09:36 AM »

hot mohawk girl is black, white and mexican (and yes, i'm addicted to america's next top model).

lol, her name is naima...she's my fav!!  i liked the last season better with eva...but maybe thats because i'm never home when its on anymore...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2005 11:40:33 AM »

hot mohawk girl is black, white and mexican (and yes, i'm addicted to america's next top model).

lol, her name is naima...she's my fav!!  i liked the last season better with eva...but maybe thats because i'm never home when its on anymore...

i couldn't remember how to spell her name, so i just didn't use it. i love her too, and so does everyone else i know. i imagine there are a lot more queers watching ANTM this year than ever before!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blackstar
marathon sleeper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2005 12:04:16 PM »

i couldn't remember how to spell her name, so i just didn't use it. i love her too, and so does everyone else i know. i imagine there are a lot more queers watching ANTM this year than ever before!

oh is she the lesbian? i didn't watch that episode, and i didn't know the names of the models then...so i just had to hear about it. i've only really got to watch the last one (with the skin desiese fiacso) and i watched the ending of the first one...but i didn't see her..only tall boring blonds (no offense to the blondes on craftster)

but i definatley will be tuning in now...she is hot! hot! hot!

and shane from the L word has cool hair (had to through that in there so that this post would be relavent)  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2005 09:59:39 PM »

oh is she the lesbian? i didn't watch that episode, and i didn't know the names of the models then...so i just had to hear about it. i've only really got to watch the last one (with the skin desiese fiacso) and i watched the ending of the first one...but i didn't see her..only tall boring blonds (no offense to the blondes on craftster)

but i definatley will be tuning in now...she is hot! hot! hot!

and shane from the L word has cool hair (had to through that in there so that this post would be relavent)  Smiley

no, actually, the blond wrestling one (with the skin problems) came out as bi, it was really anti climatic.

naima's just really hot! it's funny, cause i was all embarassed to be watching it, and i mentioned it in passing in a big group, and all at the same time 10 other people went "oh, the hot mohawk girl!".

i haven't really watched the l word, because it didn't really catch my attention enough to make it watch it the next week. but i kinda want to borrow the dvds off of someone, even just to see a bunch of people i know in crowd scenes (it was filmed in vancouver). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterpolocathy
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2005 01:24:45 PM »

YAY naima! final in 2 days.......EEEEEE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Christal1994
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007 06:38:06 PM »

Ok, my hair is really hard for me to work with.........i liked it long cuz it was mostly straight with waves in the middle and then straight again, but my aunt INSISTED to get it shorter with bangs (right after i had grown them out....) and i got so sick of the bangs i cut them shorter so now they curl. I straighten them so they don't look bad, but i don't have the patience to sit and straighten all of my hair or to blow dry with a round brush...... Any advice?

Here's a pic;

THIS ROCKS   Logged

taytay

Do not mistake co-incidence for fate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007 07:08:27 PM »

Ok, my hair is really hard for me to work with.........i liked it long cuz it was mostly straight with waves in the middle and then straight again, but my aunt INSISTED to get it shorter with bangs (right after i had grown them out....) and i got so sick of the bangs i cut them shorter so now they curl. I straighten them so they don't look bad, but i don't have the patience to sit and straighten all of my hair or to blow dry with a round brush...... Any advice?

I'm not sure if it will work for you exactly but it's worth a try i guess. when you get out of the shower. towel dry and brush like you probably normally do. then buy some mousse if you don't already have some. and work through your hair scrunching it. i normally add hairspray then to keep the wave/curl in and you keep occasionally scrunching until it dries. i think you can use a defuser too, but I've never tried so i normally just let it air dry. its much easier anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating Margins and Columns
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Viewing Images in a Slideshow
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Filtering, Reordering and Sorting Files in Bridge
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Saving a Workspace, Rating and Labeling
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Viewing Files in Bridge
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...