A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alphabet ATC PQR Swap ( CLOSED, send outs nov 14 )  (Read 6259 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2008 12:05:43 AM »

I'm embroidering all of mine.  So I found my images, printed them out, transferred them to the material, hooped them up and am about 70% done with the first one after a night of watching election results.  Grin

I just have to say that I'm incredibly excited.  I love my cards already and when I hooped them up last night I was practically jumping up and down in excitement.  Not to mention I'm incredibly excited to be able to RECEIVE as well.  Today I'm making up a workbook for myself so I can list the cards I'm making, give myself a place to brainstorm for the rest of the alphabet (I'm hooked!) and space to sketch out my ideas.

Honestly, I never, ever would have believed you if you had told me six months ago that I would be carrying around a sketch pad so I can write down ideas for art pieces.   Shocked

Too bad you are not in my group, I would love to have an embroidered ATC. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of everyone's!

Great idea about the workbook, I think I might do that as well. I have a booklet I'm writing things in, but it's got doll stuff, crochet, sewing, etc. I think I have enough interests now that each area should have it's own. But then I would be carrying around a whole backpack full all the time! ha ha

I find that I have wonderful ah ha moments right before falling asleep and as I'm just waking up. I must be thinking about crafting in my sleep! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
sajona
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2008 12:40:43 AM »

Have done Q and P - Q is very silly (and I'm hoping 'English' enough that no one else will do it) and P made me tearful!
R is giving me problems - I scrapped one last night and have started compiling bits of paper to do a different word - should finish this evening though and have them in the post tomorrow

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My biz page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinePearceKnitwear
My blog: http://sajona.blogspot.com/
My flikr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95027356@N00/sets/72157602013921043
SewHelpMe
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2008 06:06:43 AM »

All of mine are finally finished!  I just have to get to the PO.

fatewineroses!  They ARE exciting!  And finding them in your mailbox is thrilling.  My husband has taken to hiding them from me and then saying:  "are you expecting a letter from _________?"  And I'm like "GIVE IT HERE!" 

I even make two of each of mine so I can keep one for myself!  My little ATC binder is starting to fill up!

And, playswithneedles!  We have four Italian Greyhounds; we kiss AND sleep with them (and make them homemade dog biscuits and have custom-made coats and collars for them and have their pictures taken with Santa, etc, etc...).  I don't trust anybody who doesn't love a dog!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2008 07:54:10 AM »

I have P and Q done, just trying to find inspiration for R (I had something written down, but lost the list...grrrr)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
boogirl1984
"If she wants to rock, she rocks. If she wants to roll, she rolls."

Carolina Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2008 09:15:33 AM »

All mine are done, I just have scan them in and get some more stamps!  I'm really happy with mine and think I have finally found the materials for ATCs I work best in.  Only took me until almost the end of the alphabet, though!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sabertooth Pixie
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2008 06:19:54 PM »

Augh lol! I'm still brainstorming. School got crazy. Have some great ideas though and some free time tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2008 06:40:17 PM »

All of mine are finally finished!  I just have to get to the PO.

fatewineroses!  They ARE exciting!  And finding them in your mailbox is thrilling.  My husband has taken to hiding them from me and then saying:  "are you expecting a letter from _________?"  And I'm like "GIVE IT HERE!" 

I even make two of each of mine so I can keep one for myself!  My little ATC binder is starting to fill up!

And, playswithneedles!  We have four Italian Greyhounds; we kiss AND sleep with them (and make them homemade dog biscuits and have custom-made coats and collars for them and have their pictures taken with Santa, etc, etc...).  I don't trust anybody who doesn't love a dog!   Grin

ha ha, I'm glad someone else both kisses and sleeps with their dog(s)! I was afraid to admit it at first.... Did you make their coats? My doggy has some raincoats (we live in the rainy part of OR), but I bought them from some local ladies at the saturday market.

I was thinking of making a binder/album for my ATCs as well. I had thought about also keeping any notes (such as lists of R words, for example) for future reference. As well as the pictures of what I've sent out (or perhaps I should also make two so I can keep one). What is your binder like?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
fatewineroses
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2008 08:23:53 PM »

playswithneedles - I think I'm hooked, so maybe another round!  Cheesy  And I made up my sheets for my notebook.  One to list all the ATCs I do for the alphabet swap, one for listing detailed information about the cards I make and send away and one that's a sort of practice sheet.  I also want to make a brainstorming page where you list the topic/idea/word/letter either at the top or in the middle of the page so you can brainstorm around it and a sheet to list details of the cards I receive.

sewhelpme - I agree about the dogs!  I LOVE my dog and some nights just can't sleep without her curled up behind my knees when I go to sleep. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
Uncertain Creativity
seekingstars on etsy
SewHelpMe
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2008 07:00:11 AM »

What is your binder like?

It's just a cute little 3-ring binder I bought at Walmart.  I bought a box of plastic pockets for baseball cards so they're protected and easy to look at.  I don't keep notes or sketches in it, but that would definitely be easy to add a section for that purpose.

Did you make their coats?

No, I ordered them from Canine Creations by Nancy (http://caninecreationsbynancy.com/).  You send her your dog's measurements then pick out the fabrics you like and then she custom-makes the CUTEST reversible coats in their size!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008 07:05:01 AM by SewHelpMe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sajona
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2008 08:38:15 AM »

sent all 3 today Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My biz page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinePearceKnitwear
My blog: http://sajona.blogspot.com/
My flikr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95027356@N00/sets/72157602013921043
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Better Bacon
Four Cheese Mac & Cheese
Apple Sauce Cake Recipe
Authentic Bayou Country Gumbo
How to Make Chicken and Artichokes with Chef Patrick Connolly at Bobo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...