A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,985
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What pet-oriented crafts sell well?  (Read 6811 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Schnuckiputzi

baby hairless rats are definitely schnuckiputzi...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 21, 2008 12:41:47 PM »

We are having a craft show at our school in December and a friend of mine is a newbie to craft shows. She has designed and made some darling bandanna-type thingies for dog collars -- they don't tie around, you feed the collar through a loop of fabric. I can't describe very well, but she has done a variety of sizes and darling fabrics. But she's getting cold feet about doing a booth, and I'm trying to give her ideas of what else she could do that would be pet-related. We talked about doggie treats/biscuits (I have a whole book of dog treat recipes), but I'm stumped after that. Anyone seen anything that sold well?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnuckiputzi is German for "something adorably cute" -- try it on your Valentine.
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008 07:14:17 PM »

I don't have experience with how these would sell, but I think they're frickin adorable... pet scarves! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10927540

Also, I don't know what kind of skill level your friend has, but what about pet beds? You could even make little charms for their collars (shrinky dink?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alldolledup
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008 09:43:30 PM »

I just finished up a craft show and purchased some adorable wreaths made out of dog biscuits.  The finished product is about 4 inches diameter and the little biscuits are bone shaped and about 1 1/2 inches long.  It looks like they poked a hole through the middle of them and wired them together in a wreath shape and put a purchased red bow at the top.  I got them for my IL's because they just LOVE their dogs.  I'm guessing they'll get the wreath (minus the wire and bows) as a Christmas gift?  I'll let them decide.

They sold them for $3.75 each and I think they sold out.   They also had a bunch of cotton dog scarves for sale that many customers also picked up.  I can't remember how much they were... not more than $10 though.

Hope this gives you some ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009 07:50:00 AM »

If she's willing to step away from just dogs, simple cat toys would probably go down well - catnip mice, feather danglers etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009 09:15:38 AM »

If she's willing to step away from just dogs, simple cat toys would probably go down well - catnip mice, feather danglers etc.

I end up buying at least one cat toy at every craft show I go to, even if I don't buy anything for myself! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009 09:48:13 AM »

[laughs] I know just what you mean...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
jessersmisadventures

we are the knights that say nee!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009 07:33:52 PM »

What about gift baskets?  Those are usually popular.  You could fill them with doggie/ kitty treats, toys, a little bandana, etc.  You could also do a "healty pet" pack, like get some of those pet treats that clean the pets' teeth, a tube of hairball ointment, brush/ comb, etc, and sew up some cute fabric pouches for them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my beautiful, brand new shop! I am currently offering free shipping to all fellow Craftsters!

www.Palmyria.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...