A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UPDATED!!!My fabulous new Messenger Bag! Image Chunky UPDATE!! SECOND BAG ADDED!  (Read 12222 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

.mandabear.
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2008 09:51:48 PM »

oh my god i love it !!  great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.mandabear.

Everything I make is made with LOVE !!
stefmsu
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2008 10:50:09 PM »

I love your bag!  I asked for a tutorial because I'm brand new at sewing and love it when people post the step-by-step pictures so I can see if I'm doing it correctly!  I live in Australia and don't know if they have Simplicity patterns here, but I"ll have a look - if not, isn't online ordering a wonderful thing? 

Thanks again for showing us your gorgeous bag!

Steph  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2008 11:11:19 AM »

stefmsu - Try Simplicity.com I usually buy my patterns when JoAnn's or Hancock Fabrics is having a $1 or $2 sale. They both have online stores but I'm not sure about them selling patterns online.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
La Maestra
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2008 02:06:39 PM »

I live in Australia and don't know if they have Simplicity patterns here, but I"ll have a look - if not, isn't online ordering a wonderful thing?

simplicity.com has the pattern (free U.S. shipping - woohoo!) but it doesn't sell/ship internationally.

http://www.simplicitynewlook.com/  is for international orders, and it has the 2911 bag pattern for for 14.75 australian dollars plus shipping (not sure if it's reasonable shipping charges because I don't know the exchange rate).

http://www.sewingpatterns.com  also has the 2911 bag but at a lower cost, plus shipping - may end up being about the same as ordering from Simplicty depending on shipping cost.

Good luck!  I'm lucky to live near a small JoAnn's, and if they aren't out (which they often are  Undecided), it's cheap patterns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stefmsu
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2008 12:30:44 AM »

Thanks, La Maestra - sewingpatterns.com ended up being a dollar less than the other one.  The pattern's in the mail!  I'll post pictures  once I create my messenger bag!

Steph Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hikeaddict
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2008 07:56:45 PM »

I got the pattern at Wal-Mart actually Smiley Same place I got the fabric. I have posted the second bag, which was an interesting trip since I didn't quite cut it as neatly as I did the first. The third bag, for another friend for her bday, is in progress right now, and I am EXTREMELY pleased with it so far. Absolutely loving the fabric. Going to be quite sorry to see it go as a matter of fact.. Anyway. Will post pics of it also. I made the strap for it out of the quilted fabric. You all can take a look at that and see what you think verses the flat fabric Smiley Thanks again for all the lovely comments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cait92
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2008 03:03:56 PM »

That's awesome! I love it. I've been looking for a good messenger bag or pattern for the past few months. Now I just have to go buy the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beeshebags
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2008 06:10:15 PM »

Hi Hun,

So long as you get it straight away.....a tip I've learnt for cleaning your iron is plain old white vinegar....let the iron cool slightly, put some vinegar on a damp cloth, wipe over the offending stickiness, rinse the cloth, wipe the iron clean and allow to dry....might need a couple of rinses or else when you switch it on, you'll have an over whelming urge to find a fish and chip shop to get some hot chips with salt and vinegar on them!

NO ELBOW GREASE required and VOILA! clean iron.  Although this method will clean some of old cooked on stains, it won't fix up long term ones anywhere as easy as those you've just done.

I could not believe how well it works.  Just remember to let the iron cool down so you don't burn your fingers.

My iron has like a teflon wannabe non stick coating and apart from the old cooked on (prior to me learning about using vinegar) stains, it's spotless!  Saved me throwing the iron out.

If your iron hasn't got the non stick coating, apparently you can put some salt down on some greaseproof paper and iron over it....it's abrasive so don't use if you're in doubt as to whether your iron has a coating of some sort.

Hugs and happy iron cleaning!

Naomi
Adelaide, Sth Australia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJasmine
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2008 01:36:08 PM »

They are great!  I melted the tops of my plastic pins too the other day.  I don't know why in my 25 years of sewing I have never done that until now, but I did and I was surprised.  These bags look fantastic.  The last two I made, I couldn't find my camera, so they didn't make it up here..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thecraftytrundler

Even angels sleep sometimes........

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2008 02:19:48 PM »

Cheesy
Hi,
I love bright colours, and I love bags, this one is gorgeous. Before a few years ago , I used to use the same handbag forever & carry plastic carrier bags with my things for work in. I don't do that now..... I have lots of bags, & want to make loads more. Craftster is a great way of getting zillions of inspiration. I could sit looking all day!!!

Happy bag making : ) Grin Grin Grin
Ps Will have to figure out how to put my photo software on this pc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sarah Jessica Parker Mixes Prints Like a Pro With Checks and Polka Dots
Street Chic: Winter 2013 London Fashion Trends
Oscar Party Fashion: Jennifer Lawrence and Nina Dobrev Celebrate in Style
2013 Oscars Fashion
Star Crush: Chic, Stylish, Effortless Charlize Theron
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...