A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall/Winter Scarf Knitalong (Any Pattern)!  (Read 3569 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Cinderelly

Handmade has heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008 12:12:51 AM »

Well, I'm about 13 inches into my scarf, now!  I've finished an entire diamond/pattern run.  So I'm starting the pattern up again for the second one.  I'm estimating there will probably be six diamonds.  It's looking really nice.  And it's quite soft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babyjeebus
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008 02:45:37 AM »

It looks fab so far!

Can't wait to see it when it's finished
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shablina
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008 03:18:30 PM »

Well, my dear love -who always complains about all the yarn and fabric in my craft room- ended up face to face with a HUGE yarn sale and decided to stock up for me... it was a warehouse going thru its inventory.  So he says u can make everyone scarfs for christmas stuffers.  They is one cone I have no idea what it is so I will use it for me it is super soft!I will cast on today to add to my other in the work projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cinderelly

Handmade has heart.

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008 11:49:08 AM »

Awesome!  Lucky you!  I hope your scarf is coming alone well, Shablina!

My scarf is in the approximately 70% stage, I would guess.  But I HAVE to finish it tonight in order to block it and mail it to my boy in time.  So hopefully, pictures will be posted soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shablina
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008 05:53:59 PM »

yea!!! I am sure your needles are going in overdrive!  I was about half way thru mine and my lovely bella(1 of my dogs) found a little yarn hanging down from my bag that daddy moved and pulled it all apart so sad! I am going to have to start againbut it was a new stitch /pattern that I have never done so I am viewing this as practice time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cinderelly

Handmade has heart.

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008 06:02:01 PM »

They sure have been in overdrive!  Holy moly!!

I JUST (as in JUUUUSSSTTT) finished my fifth pattern run and a row of purls.  I'm going to go have something to eat for dinner, and then I'll be figuring out how to do the I-cord cast-off to finish it up!  I'm so excited to finally be finished.  It's by no means perfect... but if you don't look for the mistakes, you could never notice them.

I will be putting it out to block tonight.  Hopefully it goes fast and I can send it tomorrow afternoon... if not, I'll have to wait to Monday, but I hope it doesn't come down to that!

I'm sorry to hear that your darling dog tore your stitches out!!  I would be so upset.  But... I suppose it was at least good practice?  What pattern are you using for your scarf?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008 06:02:48 PM by Cinderelly » THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008 06:10:09 PM »

Cinderelly, that's gorgeous. I can't wait to see the finished project!

I'm doing scarves for my loved ones this Christmas. My mom's getting a Flora in LB Jiffy:

My daddy's just getting a plain garter stitch in RHSS Aran Fleck. I was doing the Irish Hiking Scarf but it looked terrible, and I couldn't get it.  Undecided It will be nice and wide so he can cover his face when he waits for the bus.

And my boyfriend is getting a One Row Handspun in Patons Wool which I'm casting on for tonight.

I hope to see some more scarves in this thread!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cinderelly

Handmade has heart.

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008 08:16:26 PM »

Awesome!!  You've got plenty on the needles, mocha!  Go you!  I'm interested to see what the first one will look like when it's finished!

Finally, after blocking it twice (the first time didn't work... so I blocked it again, but pattern side down, instead), I took some photos and wrapped it up to take to the post office with me, today.  I hope it gets to him without any troubles.  I like the way it turned out... and I think it's JUST long enough for him.   Smiley  I really do hope he likes it.  I told him he has to be 100% honest with me about it.  It's the first time that I've ever knit something for someone else.

The final scarf was I think, 57" long.  I'm not sure how wide... but I would estimate a good 10".  It was nice and wide!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008 08:24:36 PM »

Thank ya.

Psh, don't worry, he'll love it. If not, have him send it to me.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratpatch
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008 07:39:20 AM »

I am teaching myself to knit.  (with the help of youtube, and a book, but going to pick my friend's brain this weekend)

I picked up a skein of purple yarn from Walmart and bamboo needles and watched how to do a garter stitch.  So I did that for about a foot and found a book on different knitting stitches, and started trying to figure some of those out.  So its looking kind of like a sampler now.  Only about 4 inches wide, but about 4 feet long now.  Smiley  lots of fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Lacy Almond Cookies
Blueberry Scone and Clotted Cream Recipe
Flourless Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
Homemade Mint Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make Crave-Worthy Cake in a Mere Matter of Minutes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...