I made this little bag for my daughter using Simplicity 4391 for the camera "case". I used a fat quarter (the froggy material) and a flat quarter (the lining and pocket). This sums up the results of my first-ever sewing project (hopefully with many more to come).
I hated the lining part. How to sew in the lining looked so much easier when I was doing it in my head!
Anyway, enough babbling, on with the pics:
(Sorry, they're not the best quality, but they're decent)
pocket on the front:
and the action shot (but she was more interested in looking outside):
The strap ended up being too wide for the bag itself, bah. The flap was supposed to come to the middle of the pocket (not covering the whole front
), according to the pattern. And I'll probably add some velcro or a small snap there in the future, but for now...