A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IS criticism NOT ok?  (Read 16019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kraize4step
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2011 11:47:40 PM »

XD lolz made ma laugh. You were being brutally honest right there girly and I liked it. Apparently though people have feelings that get hurt easily. While I am not a plus sized woman by any means ( 5'4'' 125) i have a couple of friends that are so I get what you mean. I think that It would be best to tell the individual in a message rather than just airing it out that they look bad. And yea!! They deffo should be able to make stuff easier to flatter larger figures than just the size 3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^.^ desire to be you ^.^
intotheclear
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2011 09:28:55 AM »

Constructive criticism should only be given if a poster asks for it. Period. After that, there really isnt an excuse for being an asshole. If you dont like what someone is posting, and they have not asked for your opinion, keep that shit to yourself. The internet doesnt require you to reply to anything.

Everyone, regardless of size, is at a different place with their bodies and how they've learned to dress it. Style is about evolution and if you are actually making those clothes, its about learning to sew the most flattering cuts you can. I dont think folks can thrive and feel safe to experiment if they are afraid of being attacked (which, if you are making uninvited comments, it is an attack). Additionally, every fashionista worth her weight in gold knows that fashion rules are intended to be broken. So, sweeping statements about what I can and can not wear, especially from someone I've never seen post photos of themselves in their creations- can GTFO. If I wanted snarky, body policing comments about the clothes that I spend lots of time and money making, I'd FED EX Joan Rivers my soul.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CLAP 2 SEPTEMBRE
German Shepherd/Chow Chow Filmed in High Definition
How to Make a Smooth Rock Music Video
How to Make a Stop-Motion Animation Brick Film
How to Make an Infomercial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...